Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dyers words... 07:30 - Jan 24 with 4439 viewsBluefish

This may come across as a cheap dig but I doubt many of the mick and Marcus outers got to the bottom of the article. Not necessarily because they can't read or they don't have the attention span but more mainly because they seem to give up and give the same opinion regardless of what is presented to them. This is a massive shame because the bottom of the article largely sums it all up and I hoped they would listen to someone like KD. He isn't saying anything special or groundbreaking he is simply spelling out the views of those that understand football and those that understand ITFC. The new generations that started following us in the Burley years and now lead the campaigns to turn on mick and Marcus need to be very careful what they are wishing for and very careful what they are splitting the club trying to achieve.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Dyers words... on 07:35 - Jan 24 with 3205 viewsReuser_is_God

You really are a bellend

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Dyers words... on 07:37 - Jan 24 with 3193 viewspickles110564

Patronising fool! I have supported Ipswich since the Robson era. I have more than shown my loyalty towards the club for the many years as a season ticket holder and eating the crap they serve up as food.
Not like the majority of players that chase the money and leave the club!
Dyers words... on 07:42 - Jan 24 with 3170 viewsBluefish

Dyers words... on 07:37 - Jan 24 by pickles110564

Patronising fool! I have supported Ipswich since the Robson era. I have more than shown my loyalty towards the club for the many years as a season ticket holder and eating the crap they serve up as food.
Not like the majority of players that chase the money and leave the club!

I'd you started following in the Robson era you are most likely similar to those that started I the burley era. Maybe not your fault but you were either very fortunate in to your timing or you jumped on a bandwagon. Either way your expectations levels are probably a bit too high. It is similar to someone that started supporting Leicester last season telling a lifelong Leicester fan that ranieri must now be sacked

Dyers words... on 07:56 - Jan 24 with 3119 viewsWeWereZombies

I don't often agree with you, Truce, but in this instance for the most part I do - perhaps it's because I became a supporter in the Ramsey era...

Some of the digs at Keiron in the News Comments were very shoddy and, as you say, he is just spelling out his views. He was very critical of Marcus Evans over the failing to go for Category One status whilst still showing an understanding of why the owner didn't want to spend the extra. Given that Keiron no longer has the coaching role that he undoubtedly loves (and wasn't being paid for it anyway) he could be very bitter indeed but he has given a balanced and constructive critique of the situation.

Unfortunately I think he has also burnt his bridges as far as being re-employed by the club, either by the current owner or by any future one. And still he gets a kicking from some 'supporters'.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Dyers words... on 08:21 - Jan 24 with 3033 viewsReuser_is_God

Dyers words... on 07:56 - Jan 24 by WeWereZombies

I don't often agree with you, Truce, but in this instance for the most part I do - perhaps it's because I became a supporter in the Ramsey era...

Some of the digs at Keiron in the News Comments were very shoddy and, as you say, he is just spelling out his views. He was very critical of Marcus Evans over the failing to go for Category One status whilst still showing an understanding of why the owner didn't want to spend the extra. Given that Keiron no longer has the coaching role that he undoubtedly loves (and wasn't being paid for it anyway) he could be very bitter indeed but he has given a balanced and constructive critique of the situation.

Unfortunately I think he has also burnt his bridges as far as being re-employed by the club, either by the current owner or by any future one. And still he gets a kicking from some 'supporters'.

Agree, Dyer certainly doesn't deserve the comments he's had about it.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Dyers words... on 08:28 - Jan 24 with 3014 viewsSWGF

What he goes on to say is, once we're mathematically not going to be relegated, give it with both barrels.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Dyers words... on 11:02 - Jan 24 with 2807 viewschislehurstblue

Dyers words... on 08:28 - Jan 24 by SWGF

What he goes on to say is, once we're mathematically not going to be relegated, give it with both barrels.

at BOTH the owner and manager
Dyers words... on 11:22 - Jan 24 with 2752 viewslazyblue

KD is saying (amongst other interesting views)to the fans help keep this team in the championship , league 1 is not an option and agree with him 100%. Changes need to be made and will be made in the summer at the latest but when those changes are made we have to be in the championship.
Login to get fewer ads

Dyers words... on 11:24 - Jan 24 with 2747 viewsCaptainObvious

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/385883/we-have-a-ridiculously-talented-squad-at-the-

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

Dyers words... on 11:40 - Jan 24 with 2716 viewsBluefish

Dyers words... on 11:24 - Jan 24 by CaptainObvious

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/385883/we-have-a-ridiculously-talented-squad-at-the-

Feel free to pick it apart, there are a few cheap opportunities in there to do so but a lot of it is still true and explains our problems. Most of those mentioned have been injured, the rest have had their confidence destroyed.

Dyers words... on 11:51 - Jan 24 with 2687 viewsMattinLondon

Kieron Dyer is without doubt the most gifted footballer I have seen play in a Town shirt. And by this I mean in live action rather than video of the ‘glory days’. A fantastically gifted player, who if it wasn’t for injury, would easily have played over 100 times for England. A much better player than Lampard, Beckham and Gerrard. I respect his views and I’m sure he knows a lot more about football than what I do. However, I know enough about football (from my illustrious Sunday Morning career) to know that the football currently on offer is dreadful. And being honest, apart from the odd game here, the football under Mick has been continuously dreadful.

When we were odds-on for relegation four years ago then yes of course the team needed to roll their sleeves up and win ugly. I accept that. But even when we were in the play-offs I believe that most people realised that we played awful football but it’s what got us to be a winning team and so criticism was quite muted. But that’s the trouble with Micks brand of football - it’s all or nothing. Take away the results and it is what it is. Dreadful outdated football.

If we played entertaining passing attacking football with a young team I doubt very much if the levels of bitterness will exist. Fans are patient and understanding of the fact that we are not in a position to blow millions on individual players. And this is the prime reason I think that Mick’s management has run its course. For me it’s all about entertainment and he is far too stubborn to change his ways.

But hey ‘be careful for what you wish for’ but is that really the case? If Mick was held in high regard than he wouldn’t still be here. A championship club with a bigger budget would have poached him — unfortunately for Mick he is saddled with a reputation for playing dull defensive football. We may well not get a better manager than him but to date, he hasn’t had offers from better clubs than us.

As I said in my opinion it’s all about entertainment and the constant assertion by Mick that the Championship is a long hard turgid league in which pretty football is relegation fodder. To me this is ridiculous. The highlights of the Huddersfield game showed a passage of play on the right-hand side — good passing played at pace which resulted in a half-chance. The players are capable of playing football they are simply instructed not to.

Saying that I don’t agree with booing players — they are all doing their best. For me it is quite clear that once upon a time he was a good attacking championship player. He gets in good positions in the box but he lacks the legs top cover the pitch which is what a central midfielder tends to do. And his distribution, ability on the ball isn’t good enough to compensate for his lack of mobility in a way which Currie or Magilton managed. Skuse, isn’t good enough as defensive midfielder. He isn’t mobile enough, he isn’t aggressive enough to be a very good Championship midfielder, yet along Premier League standard. But he puts a shift in, always tries and his style is good for Micks style.

Going back to Kieron Dyer’s comments — I do agree with him in regards that the players need to be supported —and to a certain extent it is unconditional love that I have for ITFC. But I don’t think I should be expected to be happy-clappy at all times. It all comes down to the manager. in good times he takes the plaudits but he has to take full responsibility for the on field mess.

I never used to think that it mattered if an owner preferred to stay almost invisible but I’m not sure if this is the case anymore. Sure, he writes nice notes in the programme but like most things at the club nothing seems to add-up.

I would love to back MM and Evans but even if I did I fear that nothing will change. We will still be the kings of the long ball and we will all go to football just wishing away the minutes.
Dyers words... on 12:25 - Jan 24 with 2600 viewstextbackup

I didn't even get to the bottom of your post! Jumped from line 2 to Reusers post...

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Dyers words... on 13:54 - Jan 24 with 2472 viewsBLUEBEAT

KD is one of us, at the end of the day.

Would laugh my head off if the club refuse him access for not having a ticket next time he turns up for a match at PR, mind 🤑

Poll: W or W

Dyers words... on 14:08 - Jan 24 with 2428 viewsOxfordTH_1981

I agree with much of what KD said, but there is a slight irony in him being regarded as an Ipswich man through and through since at the first sign of more money he jumped ship and went to Newcastle, instead of staying one more season and seeing his supposed team promoted.
Dyers words... on 14:13 - Jan 24 with 2403 viewsitfcjoe

Dyers words... on 14:08 - Jan 24 by OxfordTH_1981

I agree with much of what KD said, but there is a slight irony in him being regarded as an Ipswich man through and through since at the first sign of more money he jumped ship and went to Newcastle, instead of staying one more season and seeing his supposed team promoted.

He was in tears as he left the pitch that day, think club wanted (needed?) to cash in as much as he wanted to leave

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Dyers words... on 14:14 - Jan 24 with 2395 viewsOxfordTH_1981

Dyers words... on 14:13 - Jan 24 by itfcjoe

He was in tears as he left the pitch that day, think club wanted (needed?) to cash in as much as he wanted to leave

He was in tears but had made the decision to leave already. I am not knocking him - he was ambitious, he wanted to play in the Premiership, and had no way of knowing the team would go up the next season - but the way people talk about him you might forget that as Dylan sang, "money doesn't talk ...... it swears".
Dyers words... on 14:19 - Jan 24 with 2384 viewsPhilTWTD

Dyers words... on 14:14 - Jan 24 by OxfordTH_1981

He was in tears but had made the decision to leave already. I am not knocking him - he was ambitious, he wanted to play in the Premiership, and had no way of knowing the team would go up the next season - but the way people talk about him you might forget that as Dylan sang, "money doesn't talk ...... it swears".

If we'd have gone up he would happily have stayed. As it was he'd reached the point where he needed to move up to progress and play at a higher level. He was already getting England calls.

Also shouldn't be forgotten that the £6.5 million received for him paid for John McGreal, Jermaine Wright, Marcus Stewart, Gary Croft and probably Martin Reuser's loan, signings which all proved key to securing promotion and then the success in the Premier League the following year.
Dyers words... on 14:21 - Jan 24 with 2367 viewsClausThomsen

Dyers words... on 14:19 - Jan 24 by PhilTWTD

If we'd have gone up he would happily have stayed. As it was he'd reached the point where he needed to move up to progress and play at a higher level. He was already getting England calls.

Also shouldn't be forgotten that the £6.5 million received for him paid for John McGreal, Jermaine Wright, Marcus Stewart, Gary Croft and probably Martin Reuser's loan, signings which all proved key to securing promotion and then the success in the Premier League the following year.

Selling a player for £6.5 million and spending the money on new players?

Crazy strategy.
Dyers words... on 14:26 - Jan 24 with 2357 viewsPhilTWTD

Dyers words... on 14:21 - Jan 24 by ClausThomsen

Selling a player for £6.5 million and spending the money on new players?

Crazy strategy.

Like a different world to now, though. Back then we were breaking even every year while competitive at the top of the division, now we make a £6 million loss and have to overachieve significantly to be in or around the play-offs.
Dyers words... on 14:36 - Jan 24 with 2310 viewsCaptainObvious

Dyers words... on 14:26 - Jan 24 by PhilTWTD

Like a different world to now, though. Back then we were breaking even every year while competitive at the top of the division, now we make a £6 million loss and have to overachieve significantly to be in or around the play-offs.

If only there was some sort of financial fair play system that could be implemented to ensure teams weren't overpaying in wages. Maybe some sort of punishments for teams that transgressed those limits.

As long as the authorities had the backbone to enforce the punishments and kept the limits strict each year instead of letting them lapse to allow huge losses that defeats the whole pissing object of it, I can't see how this could fail.

Dyers words... on 14:38 - Jan 24 with 2295 viewsRadlett_blue

Dyers words... on 14:26 - Jan 24 by PhilTWTD

Exactly. As some have pointed out, it's ultimately unsustainable, but it still seems new, often foreign, owners are willing to take a punt on a Championship club with the idea of having a crack at the loot available in the PL. Huddersfield are an example of what can be down with shrewd management & purchasing, but they still look set for the play-offs at best.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Dyers words... on 14:50 - Jan 24 with 2259 viewsPhilTWTD

Dyers words... on 14:36 - Jan 24 by CaptainObvious

If only there was some sort of financial fair play system that could be implemented to ensure teams weren't overpaying in wages. Maybe some sort of punishments for teams that transgressed those limits.

As long as the authorities had the backbone to enforce the punishments and kept the limits strict each year instead of letting them lapse to allow huge losses that defeats the whole pissing object of it, I can't see how this could fail.

I'm not entirely in disagreement but could the limits have realistically been kept as low as they were and clubs still competed with those with parachute payments? I think the ballooning of parachute payments were the biggest problem which has scuppered FFP's effectiveness.
Dyers words... on 15:17 - Jan 24 with 2209 viewsbraveblue

What a patronising post. I totally disagree with Dyer who is no genius and you don't have the right to assume how much I can read!!!
Dyers words... on 15:30 - Jan 24 with 2186 viewsSwn98

Dyers words... on 11:51 - Jan 24 by MattinLondon

Kieron Dyer is without doubt the most gifted footballer I have seen play in a Town shirt. And by this I mean in live action rather than video of the ‘glory days’. A fantastically gifted player, who if it wasn’t for injury, would easily have played over 100 times for England. A much better player than Lampard, Beckham and Gerrard. I respect his views and I’m sure he knows a lot more about football than what I do. However, I know enough about football (from my illustrious Sunday Morning career) to know that the football currently on offer is dreadful. And being honest, apart from the odd game here, the football under Mick has been continuously dreadful.

When we were odds-on for relegation four years ago then yes of course the team needed to roll their sleeves up and win ugly. I accept that. But even when we were in the play-offs I believe that most people realised that we played awful football but it’s what got us to be a winning team and so criticism was quite muted. But that’s the trouble with Micks brand of football - it’s all or nothing. Take away the results and it is what it is. Dreadful outdated football.

If we played entertaining passing attacking football with a young team I doubt very much if the levels of bitterness will exist. Fans are patient and understanding of the fact that we are not in a position to blow millions on individual players. And this is the prime reason I think that Mick’s management has run its course. For me it’s all about entertainment and he is far too stubborn to change his ways.

But hey ‘be careful for what you wish for’ but is that really the case? If Mick was held in high regard than he wouldn’t still be here. A championship club with a bigger budget would have poached him — unfortunately for Mick he is saddled with a reputation for playing dull defensive football. We may well not get a better manager than him but to date, he hasn’t had offers from better clubs than us.

As I said in my opinion it’s all about entertainment and the constant assertion by Mick that the Championship is a long hard turgid league in which pretty football is relegation fodder. To me this is ridiculous. The highlights of the Huddersfield game showed a passage of play on the right-hand side — good passing played at pace which resulted in a half-chance. The players are capable of playing football they are simply instructed not to.

Saying that I don’t agree with booing players — they are all doing their best. For me it is quite clear that once upon a time he was a good attacking championship player. He gets in good positions in the box but he lacks the legs top cover the pitch which is what a central midfielder tends to do. And his distribution, ability on the ball isn’t good enough to compensate for his lack of mobility in a way which Currie or Magilton managed. Skuse, isn’t good enough as defensive midfielder. He isn’t mobile enough, he isn’t aggressive enough to be a very good Championship midfielder, yet along Premier League standard. But he puts a shift in, always tries and his style is good for Micks style.

Going back to Kieron Dyer’s comments — I do agree with him in regards that the players need to be supported —and to a certain extent it is unconditional love that I have for ITFC. But I don’t think I should be expected to be happy-clappy at all times. It all comes down to the manager. in good times he takes the plaudits but he has to take full responsibility for the on field mess.

I never used to think that it mattered if an owner preferred to stay almost invisible but I’m not sure if this is the case anymore. Sure, he writes nice notes in the programme but like most things at the club nothing seems to add-up.

I would love to back MM and Evans but even if I did I fear that nothing will change. We will still be the kings of the long ball and we will all go to football just wishing away the minutes.

How can you say with such conviction that players are told not to play passing football?
Dyers words... on 15:45 - Jan 24 with 2169 viewsCaptainObvious

Dyers words... on 14:50 - Jan 24 by PhilTWTD

I'm not entirely in disagreement but could the limits have realistically been kept as low as they were and clubs still competed with those with parachute payments? I think the ballooning of parachute payments were the biggest problem which has scuppered FFP's effectiveness.

the parachute payments shouldn't really give teams a big spending advantage as they are there to absorb the huge wage bill that the relegated team will have. if they have millions left over to spend on huge transfer fees or pay new signings premier league wages, then they are too high.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024