Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie Brown 08:52 - Jan 24 with 2965 viewshype313

Completely went over my radar that we sold him, for what seems like Peanuts.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Charlie Brown on 08:56 - Jan 24 with 2925 viewsCOYBitfc

How much was it?

Poll: Current/prospective ST holders, what scenario will you purchase for next season?

Charlie Brown on 08:58 - Jan 24 with 2919 viewsKeno

That was a good piece of detective work by whoever unearthed that bit of info

At times like these we need someone who is prepared to graft on finding the truth, we need someone who is a little snoopy

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Charlie Brown on 09:05 - Jan 24 with 2881 viewsconnorscontract

Charlie Brown on 08:58 - Jan 24 by Keno

At times like these we need someone who is prepared to graft on finding the truth, we need someone who is a little snoopy

We may as well jack footbalL IN US and all the other Cat 2 clubs if the Cat 1's can just steal our best talent like this.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2017 9:06]
Charlie Brown on 09:07 - Jan 24 with 2851 viewsKeno

Charlie Brown on 09:05 - Jan 24 by connorscontract

We may as well jack footbalL IN US and all the other Cat 2 clubs if the Cat 1's can just steal our best talent like this.

I def this we should be a 2 Cat club

if we just have one it might get lonely

Charlie Brown on 09:10 - Jan 24 with 2834 viewshype313

Charlie Brown on 09:07 - Jan 24 by Keno

I def this we should be a 2 Cat club

if we just have one it might get lonely

As we are a Cat 2 club, Maybe we could have one Cat for football, and the other for Furball.

Charlie Brown on 09:11 - Jan 24 with 2826 viewsKeno

Charlie Brown on 09:10 - Jan 24 by hype313

As we are a Cat 2 club, Maybe we could have one Cat for football, and the other for Furball.

purrrrrfect...!!

Charlie Brown on 09:12 - Jan 24 with 2819 viewshype313

Charlie Brown on 09:11 - Jan 24 by Keno

purrrrrfect...!!

Although we were within a whisker of obtaining Cat 1 I believe.

Charlie Brown on 09:15 - Jan 24 with 2790 viewsKeno

Charlie Brown on 09:12 - Jan 24 by hype313

Although we were within a whisker of obtaining Cat 1 I believe.

missed out cos of some random claws

Login to get fewer ads

Charlie Brown on 09:36 - Jan 24 with 2721 viewsRegencyBlue

Charlie Brown on 09:05 - Jan 24 by connorscontract

Which is why the much heralded five point plan is thirty years too late! We used to produce our own players in the days of Sir Bobby, and we were able to hang on to them to build a team, but those days are long gone!

Players from the Academy have already been picked off by the Cat 1 clubs before they even get a sniff at the first team. Charlie Brown isn't the first and he wont be the last.

The failure to go for Cat 1 status right at the start of the current system is another error made by the current regime which has/will cost the club dear!
Charlie Brown on 09:42 - Jan 24 with 2687 viewshype313

Charlie Brown on 09:36 - Jan 24 by RegencyBlue

Which is why the much heralded five point plan is thirty years too late! We used to produce our own players in the days of Sir Bobby, and we were able to hang on to them to build a team, but those days are long gone!

Players from the Academy have already been picked off by the Cat 1 clubs before they even get a sniff at the first team. Charlie Brown isn't the first and he wont be the last.

The failure to go for Cat 1 status right at the start of the current system is another error made by the current regime which has/will cost the club dear!

To me it seems like we either spend money on obtaining Cat 1 or spend money on the squad, we quite clearly can't afford to do both. So given the 5 point plan the surely it would be wise to make sure, that when bringing through the youth players we are able to hold onto them until they reach an age where we get a season or two out of them and then make significant profit.

To be Cat 2 and not invest heavily in the squad means we are treading water in no mans land.

Charlie Brown on 09:48 - Jan 24 with 2650 viewsKeno

Charlie Brown on 09:42 - Jan 24 by hype313

To me it seems like we either spend money on obtaining Cat 1 or spend money on the squad, we quite clearly can't afford to do both. So given the 5 point plan the surely it would be wise to make sure, that when bringing through the youth players we are able to hold onto them until they reach an age where we get a season or two out of them and then make significant profit.

To be Cat 2 and not invest heavily in the squad means we are treading water in no mans land.

and if we invest in the academy surely the way the players are coached as they come through the age group should link up with the way the 1st team play?

Otherwise you have young players coming into a system that is totally alien to them and finding it hard to settle

Charlie Brown on 09:54 - Jan 24 with 2627 viewsDoobDude

Don't think Dyer was supposed to mention that.
It's a club secret, Evans has pocketed the money and it won't even be spent on the academy.

I agree with the sale, a club like Ipswich should be doing this but it is completely pointless if it doesn't get reinvested in the academy to upgrade us to Cat 1.

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Huh? I... I don't know that ... Auuuuuuuugh.
Poll: Whi is getting sold to fund the Webster Signing

Charlie Brown on 09:58 - Jan 24 with 2604 viewsSuperfrans

Charlie Brown on 08:58 - Jan 24 by Keno

Yeah, if only there was some kind of communication device where people could write stuff for other people to find out what's going on in the world. Could someone invent something like that, do you reckon?

http://www.squawka.com/news/chelsea-confirm-arrival-of-charlie-brown-who-makes-d

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Charlie Brown on 09:58 - Jan 24 with 2604 viewsPinewoodblue

Charlie Brown on 09:54 - Jan 24 by DoobDude

It's a club secret, Evans has pocketed the money and it won't even be spent on the academy.

I agree with the sale, a club like Ipswich should be doing this but it is completely pointless if it doesn't get reinvested in the academy to upgrade us to Cat 1.

We didn"t sell him we received compensation for him being poached and Charlie Brown isn't the only one.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Charlie Brown on 10:20 - Jan 24 with 2548 viewshype313

Charlie Brown on 09:48 - Jan 24 by Keno

and if we invest in the academy surely the way the players are coached as they come through the age group should link up with the way the 1st team play?

Otherwise you have young players coming into a system that is totally alien to them and finding it hard to settle

You would think that should be logical, but I do have to question...

Charlie Brown on 10:39 - Jan 24 with 2488 viewsitfcjoe

Charlie Brown on 09:36 - Jan 24 by RegencyBlue

Whilst I think it was an error to not get Cat 1 - if a player is going to get picked off by the big boys it doesn't matter if you are Cat 1 or Cat 2. Brown had signed his deal so was effectively transferred to Chelsea for a fee befitting a first teamer.

Even if we were Cat 1 we'd have lost Brown had Chelsea wanted him, Cat 1 clubs aren't protected and there are still lots of transfers between Cat 1 clubs - even the big clubs. Man Utd are trying to refuse to play Man City at youth level because they are aggressively targetting and poaching players

If Man U can't hold onto their players, what chance have we got

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Charlie Brown on 11:22 - Jan 24 with 2413 viewsKeno

Charlie Brown on 10:20 - Jan 24 by hype313

You would think that should be logical, but I do have to question...

a bit like passing the ball to a player wearing the same colour shirt as you are but we seem to struggle with that as well!!

Charlie Brown on 11:28 - Jan 24 with 2400 viewsSuperfrans

Charlie Brown on 09:54 - Jan 24 by DoobDude

"It's a club secret"...

What a load of hogwash.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/29821/young-striker-brown-joins-chelsea
[Post edited 24 Jan 2017 11:29]

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Charlie Brown on 11:33 - Jan 24 with 2351 viewsCaptainObvious

Charlie Brown on 11:28 - Jan 24 by Superfrans

"It's a club secret"...

What a load of hogwash.

i think he means the size of the compensation fee.

the club never told anybody it was 750k which is a significant amount of money (bigger than any transfer fee we've paid for years?), people were probably assuming we got about 100k.

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

Charlie Brown on 11:37 - Jan 24 with 2312 viewsPhilTWTD

Charlie Brown on 11:33 - Jan 24 by CaptainObvious

i think he means the size of the compensation fee.

the club never told anybody it was 750k which is a significant amount of money (bigger than any transfer fee we've paid for years?), people were probably assuming we got about 100k.

I've been reporting figures not far short of that since July. Actually went over my head that that had never been confirmed when Kieron mentioned it.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/29828/mccarthy-browns-chelsea-exit-frust

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/30699/manchester-city-linked-with-move-f
Charlie Brown on 12:10 - Jan 24 with 2205 viewsDoobDude

Charlie Brown on 11:28 - Jan 24 by Superfrans

"It's a club secret"...

What a load of hogwash.

OK the word secret is taking it a bit far.
But this fee has never been mentioned by Milne, he just talks about the "Murphy money".
This fee also solves the mystery of how we were able to buy Ward and Webster before the sale of Murphy.

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Huh? I... I don't know that ... Auuuuuuuugh.
Poll: Whi is getting sold to fund the Webster Signing

Charlie Brown on 12:49 - Jan 24 with 2080 viewsStewartsgloves

Good Grief
Charlie Brown on 18:28 - Jan 24 with 1848 viewsnodge_blue

I don't think we sold him. More he decided he wanted to join the Chelsea youth set up and we got some compensation.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024