Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think we should cut our losses 11:34 - Jan 24 with 3152 viewsHeathlander

Write this season off. We won't go down. Save the money for the summer, get by on loans. Give the new manager (when MM goes in May) all the cash for his own people.

Better for him, whoever that may be, to spend on his players for the new free form, flowing attacking football we will be playing next year.
I think we should cut our losses on 11:41 - Jan 24 with 2417 viewsJ2BLUE

I agree but I do feel like that view throws ST holders under the bus. For them this season has been dire. We sold our chance of making the top 6 a day or two before the window closed and just haven't bothered replacing him. If we go another window without signing a proper replacement it's really unfair on ST holders.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2017 12:27]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I think we should cut our losses on 11:43 - Jan 24 with 2408 viewskizaitfc

I disagree we cant just go sign 5 - 6 players in the summer and expect that to work

Signing players now and the summer would be the way to go, spreads the spending and allows players to work there way into a team

What I would say now is rather then playing players that wont be here next season (Douglas, Best, possibly Berra) We should look at finding their replacement now or use the youth players.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

I think we should cut our losses on 11:46 - Jan 24 with 2385 viewsKieran_Knows

Yep, can't wait to see free flowing attacking football under Gary Rowett or Kenny Jackett.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I think we should cut our losses on 11:57 - Jan 24 with 2344 viewsartsbossbeard

I think we should cut our losses on 11:46 - Jan 24 by Kieran_Knows

Yep, can't wait to see free flowing attacking football under Gary Rowett or Kenny Jackett.

And a big Sky Sports welcome to the new season and our first visit to"Phil Brown's Ipswich".

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I think we should cut our losses on 12:04 - Jan 24 with 2317 viewsStowTractorBoy

Admire your confidence in stating we will not go down. The way things are going with the Club from Manager to players performances to supporters demonstrating etc the general feeling is one of grave negativity. For this reason I am not as confident as you are in retaining our Championship status. We really do need a result on Saturday.
I think we should cut our losses on 12:16 - Jan 24 with 2253 viewsDolly2.0

What makes you think "we won't go down"?

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

I think we should cut our losses on 12:28 - Jan 24 with 2204 viewsPilgrimblue

I think we should cut our losses on 12:16 - Jan 24 by Dolly2.0

Well in past 3 seasons 45 points was enough so that's a few wins and draws so I suppose the odds are that we won't go down.
However I agree that MM needs to sign players to replace those that aren't going to be here next season. Douglas Berra are the obvious ones but not confident MM has that in mind with signings so far!
I think we should cut our losses on 12:33 - Jan 24 with 2187 viewsJ2BLUE

Having a 9 point lead over Burton in 22nd. They need to make up 0.47 points per game on us to get level and that's if they can make up a 6 goal difference. The six game form table puts us 13th with the current bottom 4 (included Wigan in 21st as they are level on points with Burton) 17th, 18th, 20th and 23rd.

I know we have a tough month coming up but the whole relegation thing is overblown IMO. Prediction: At the end of Feb we'll have maintained or extended our 9 point gap.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

I think we should cut our losses on 12:35 - Jan 24 with 2162 viewsReuser_is_God

I think we should cut our losses on 12:33 - Jan 24 by J2BLUE

Having a 9 point lead over Burton in 22nd. They need to make up 0.47 points per game on us to get level and that's if they can make up a 6 goal difference. The six game form table puts us 13th with the current bottom 4 (included Wigan in 21st as they are level on points with Burton) 17th, 18th, 20th and 23rd.

I know we have a tough month coming up but the whole relegation thing is overblown IMO. Prediction: At the end of Feb we'll have maintained or extended our 9 point gap.

Yes but do your calculations take into account that Burton now have Reginald Varney amongst their striking options?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

I think we should cut our losses on 12:37 - Jan 24 with 2152 viewsJ2BLUE

I think we should cut our losses on 12:35 - Jan 24 by Reuser_is_God

Yes but do your calculations take into account that Burton now have Reginald Varney amongst their striking options?

Let me feed that into my predictameter...

Truly impaired.

I think we should cut our losses on 12:38 - Jan 24 with 2151 viewsGuthrum

http://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:championship/form/matches:6/type

Seven of the teams below us in the table have worse form, too. Three of our next seven opponents are lower in the form table.

10-15 points from the next 19 games ought to see us safe. We've been accruing 1.3 points per game on average over the whole season so far (including the period whan we couldn't score). The equation is in our favour.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I think we should cut our losses on 12:47 - Jan 24 with 2093 viewsBlue_Armee

We should go for it now, or we really could be in a relegation scrap.

Players have far more options in the Summer, so let's pay what we need to (but obviously not stupid money) and get in the players we need.

Poll: Mexit or McStay? Not what you want but what you think will actually happen

I think we should cut our losses on 12:53 - Jan 24 with 2025 viewschislehurstblue

I think we should cut our losses on 12:38 - Jan 24 by Guthrum

http://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:championship/form/matches:6/type

Seven of the teams below us in the table have worse form, too. Three of our next seven opponents are lower in the form table.

10-15 points from the next 19 games ought to see us safe. We've been accruing 1.3 points per game on average over the whole season so far (including the period whan we couldn't score). The equation is in our favour.

agreed, we will probably finish around 3-5 places above 3rd bottom.

What does make me laugh is that people talk about the new manager coming in and buying his own players and getting us to play "proper" football.

The squad isnt good enough to play "proper" football. In order to do that we would need to sell and buy the majority of the squad which is never going to happen especially with the budget we have from ME.

ME has got 1 appointment right out of 3, not a great hit rate. Nothing to suggest he will get it right now.

Also I think we will get a manager that will make us competitive in this league on a very small budget so replacing MM will be replaced with a manager in a very similar football set up.

From what i read on here sacking MM is going to give the new manager millions to spend and we will be playing open attacking football winning many games on our way to promotion! Its probably the same lot that said after the last transfer window what a good squad is was and how the window was a success.
I think we should cut our losses on 12:53 - Jan 24 with 2021 viewsITFC_Forever

We wrote our season off in August.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I think we should cut our losses on 12:56 - Jan 24 with 1991 viewsDolly2.0

I think we should cut our losses on 12:38 - Jan 24 by Guthrum

"We've been accruing 1.3 points per game on average over the whole season so far".

Yeah but we're in our worst ever slump now, with confidence at an all time low following the defeat by a non-league team for the first time since a decade before I was even born, with a very tough month coming up.

The equations might be in our favour but to get out our deckchairs and wait for mid table would be folly IMO. We're in very real danger of getting sucked in.

I think we should cut our losses on 12:59 - Jan 24 with 1963 viewsPilgrimblue

I think we should cut our losses on 12:35 - Jan 24 by Reuser_is_God

Sadly he's out injured for rest of season but I'd kept him and paid off Best
I think we should cut our losses on 12:59 - Jan 24 with 1963 viewsJ2BLUE

I think we should cut our losses on 12:56 - Jan 24 by Dolly2.0

"We've been accruing 1.3 points per game on average over the whole season so far".

Yeah but we're in our worst ever slump now, with confidence at an all time low following the defeat by a non-league team for the first time since a decade before I was even born, with a very tough month coming up.

The equations might be in our favour but to get out our deckchairs and wait for mid table would be folly IMO. We're in very real danger of getting sucked in.

No one is talking about getting the deckchairs out. Just saying that MM continuing his current approach with a couple of loans would likely see us comfortably over the line.

Truly impaired.

I think we should cut our losses on 13:05 - Jan 24 with 1919 viewsDolly2.0

I think we should cut our losses on 12:59 - Jan 24 by J2BLUE

No one is talking about getting the deckchairs out. Just saying that MM continuing his current approach with a couple of loans would likely see us comfortably over the line.

The OP says "We won't go down" like it's a fact. That complacency is dangerous IMO.

I think we should cut our losses on 13:07 - Jan 24 with 1913 viewsJ2BLUE

I think we should cut our losses on 13:05 - Jan 24 by Dolly2.0

The OP says "We won't go down" like it's a fact. That complacency is dangerous IMO.

Fair point.

Truly impaired.

I think we should cut our losses on 13:09 - Jan 24 with 1886 viewsbontcho

I think we should cut our losses on 11:43 - Jan 24 by kizaitfc

I disagree we cant just go sign 5 - 6 players in the summer and expect that to work

Signing players now and the summer would be the way to go, spreads the spending and allows players to work there way into a team

What I would say now is rather then playing players that wont be here next season (Douglas, Best, possibly Berra) We should look at finding their replacement now or use the youth players.

This makes a lot of sense. Perhaps bring in 1 or 2 signings in obvious holes (centre forward for instance) and a loan/short term deal or two to replace anyone we get a decent bid for we're not sure about (Berra, McGoldrick spring to mind). Then re-evaluate in the summer with a new manager having given some of the kids more football so we can better assess what is required. I'm not keen on massive change - as someone said the other day we're probably only a handful of good signings from challenging.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

I think we should cut our losses on 13:11 - Jan 24 with 1878 viewsBent_double

I think we should cut our losses on 12:53 - Jan 24 by chislehurstblue

agreed, we will probably finish around 3-5 places above 3rd bottom.

What does make me laugh is that people talk about the new manager coming in and buying his own players and getting us to play "proper" football.

The squad isnt good enough to play "proper" football. In order to do that we would need to sell and buy the majority of the squad which is never going to happen especially with the budget we have from ME.

ME has got 1 appointment right out of 3, not a great hit rate. Nothing to suggest he will get it right now.

Also I think we will get a manager that will make us competitive in this league on a very small budget so replacing MM will be replaced with a manager in a very similar football set up.

From what i read on here sacking MM is going to give the new manager millions to spend and we will be playing open attacking football winning many games on our way to promotion! Its probably the same lot that said after the last transfer window what a good squad is was and how the window was a success.

"ME has got 1 appointment right out of 3, not a great hit rate. Nothing to suggest he will get it right now. "

Well, how many managers have Leeds had in the past few years? They seem to be on the right path now with Monk.

What about Watford - 4 different managers in the season they got promoted, wasn't it?

ME may well get his next managerial decision wrong - be that keeping Mick or replacing him , but ultimately it is his decision, not much we can do about it except hope it's the right one for the future of ITFC.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

I think we should cut our losses on 13:11 - Jan 24 with 1878 viewsnoggin

Who says a new manager would get any money to spend? Hearsay of million plus bids being rejected is all well and good but it's just that, hearsay.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

I think we should cut our losses on 13:29 - Jan 24 with 1791 viewschislehurstblue

I think we should cut our losses on 13:11 - Jan 24 by Bent_double

"ME has got 1 appointment right out of 3, not a great hit rate. Nothing to suggest he will get it right now. "

Well, how many managers have Leeds had in the past few years? They seem to be on the right path now with Monk.

What about Watford - 4 different managers in the season they got promoted, wasn't it?

ME may well get his next managerial decision wrong - be that keeping Mick or replacing him , but ultimately it is his decision, not much we can do about it except hope it's the right one for the future of ITFC.

thats true but whilst Watford and Leeds have had many managers over the last few years both have been a scatter gun approach. I guess after so many you have to get lucky.

Plus both these sides have spent decent money - something that this club will never do again with ME in charge.
I think we should cut our losses on 13:35 - Jan 24 with 1753 viewsGuthrum

I think we should cut our losses on 12:56 - Jan 24 by Dolly2.0

We're not in our worst ever slump.

Losing at Lincoln may have been bad and embarrassing, but there's no point in going OTT on it. That performance hasn't suddenly made us into a technically worse team than we were before. It merely exposed that we got the set-up wrong, were not organised enough and lacked leaders with initiative sufficient to deal with a tough, well-drilled Conference outfit pumped up for a giant-killing on home turf in front of the cameras.

We lost against Huddersfield, but that was no worse than Bristol away, Fulham or QPR. In between those, we beat Sheffield, Bristol and Blackburn. Our League form over the last six is 9 points from a possible 18.

Confidence is not great, but that's a longer-term issue than the last week. Players don't seem to have the facility to grab games by the scruff of the neck and turn them in our favour - except Lawrence and, even then, not all the time. Thus results are inconsistent.

We mustn't be complacent and more injuries could really do for us, but keep going as we have been and Town are very likely to be safe come May.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I think we should cut our losses on 13:44 - Jan 24 with 1708 viewstextbackup

I still can't accept 'we won't go down'

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024