Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So the Mexican President has the guts to stand up to Trrump 17:24 - Jan 26 with 4636 viewsWeWereZombies

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38761384

I'm not suggesting that our Prime Minister should also cancel her visit but Trrump has been softened up a bit, she can go in with both barrels blazing. And come storming out of the meeting early if necessary.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2017 17:32]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

So the Mexican President has the guts to stand up to Trrump on 17:41 - Jan 26 with 2657 viewsGlasgowBlue

I couldn't disagree more. May has to do what is best for the UK.

We have done business with far worse people than Trump.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So the Mexican President has the guts to stand up to Trrump on 17:46 - Jan 26 with 2634 viewsWeWereZombies

So the Mexican President has the guts to stand up to Trrump on 17:41 - Jan 26 by GlasgowBlue

I know my scenario is unlikely but I might just vote Tory for the first in over forty years as a registered voter if she did.

I can think of North Korea and Mugabe, and the way Trrump is going you might not even be able to use 'far' worse than either of those. I would say he was on about the same level as Putin at the moment. [edit] and the same level as some of the Middle Eastern nations.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2017 17:52]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

So the Mexican President has the guts to stand up to Trrump on 17:49 - Jan 26 with 2624 viewsmonytowbray

So the Mexican President has the guts to stand up to Trrump on 17:41 - Jan 26 by GlasgowBlue

Brexit really has fell into Trump's hands, we need to kiss his arse economy wise right now, too risky not too.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

So the Mexican President has the guts to stand up to Trrump on 17:51 - Jan 26 with 2601 viewsunstableblue

This is a new low for you Glasgow

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

So the Mexican President has the guts to stand up to Trrump on 18:04 - Jan 26 with 2578 viewsGlasgowBlue

So the Mexican President has the guts to stand up to Trrump on 17:51 - Jan 26 by unstableblue

This is a new low for you Glasgow

Perhaps you can explain to me why?

Because I'm struggling to remember seeing any posts from you regarding our business interest with the Saudis or Putin.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2017 18:07]

Iron Lion Zion

So the Mexican President has the guts to stand up to Trrump on 18:06 - Jan 26 with 2561 viewsGlasgowBlue

So the Mexican President has the guts to stand up to Trrump on 17:49 - Jan 26 by monytowbray

Brexit really has fell into Trump's hands, we need to kiss his arse economy wise right now, too risky not too.

Alternatively Trump has fallen into our hands.

He is talking down protecting Europe via NATO. Guess which European nuclear power the frightened eastern European countries will turn to for reassurance?

They will be a lot more friendly when we negotiate pour exit.

Iron Lion Zion

So the Mexican President has the guts to stand up to Trrump on 18:12 - Jan 26 with 2535 viewsDanTheMan

So the Mexican President has the guts to stand up to Trrump on 18:06 - Jan 26 by GlasgowBlue

He is talking down protecting Europe via NATO. Guess which European nuclear power the frightened eastern European countries will turn to for reassurance?

France?

We're not that only people with Nukes. Not that it matters because in the event of Nuclear war everyone dies. Hooray!

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

So the Mexican President has the guts to stand up to Trrump on 18:18 - Jan 26 with 2501 viewsthorpedo

I can't see either side agreeing to pay for the wall - it's a bit of a 'Mexican' stand-off......

Thorpedo

Login to get fewer ads

So the Mexican President has the guts to stand up to Trrump on 18:59 - Jan 26 with 2440 viewsSwansea_Blue

So that's the plan is it? Turn our backs on a special relationship and the world's largest market, which is right on our doorstep, so we can bend over backwards and be lead into god knows what by a narcissistic sociopath. I can see this ending well. Did we learn nothing from Blair's subservience to Bush? It's not exactly 'taking back control'.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So the Mexican President has the guts to stand up to Trrump on 19:07 - Jan 26 with 2422 viewsJ2BLUE

So the Mexican President has the guts to stand up to Trrump on 18:59 - Jan 26 by Swansea_Blue

So that's the plan is it? Turn our backs on a special relationship and the world's largest market, which is right on our doorstep, so we can bend over backwards and be lead into god knows what by a narcissistic sociopath. I can see this ending well. Did we learn nothing from Blair's subservience to Bush? It's not exactly 'taking back control'.

You do make a good point there. Another one that has landed a glove on me as a Brexiter is that we could be working with the EU on renewable energy and climate change to try and counter Trump's batsh1t stance.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So the Mexican President has the guts to stand up to Trrump on 19:09 - Jan 26 with 2407 viewsm14_blue

So the Mexican President has the guts to stand up to Trrump on 18:59 - Jan 26 by Swansea_Blue

Whilst I couldn't agree more, we need to stop viewing everything through the prism of the referendum. It's done now, as is the decision to leave the single market, we now need to deal with what we have. An important part of that will be dealing with the USA, however unpalatable their president is.
So the Mexican President has the guts to stand up to Trrump on 19:09 - Jan 26 with 2405 viewsoldbluestu

Mexico will still pay for it, Trump will hit them with an import tax if they don't
So the Mexican President has the guts to stand up to Trrump on 19:13 - Jan 26 with 2390 viewsGlasgowBlue

Who is turning their backs on a special relationship and the world's largest market, which is right on our doorstep, so we can bend over backwards and be lead into god knows what by a narcissistic sociopath?

Are you seriously suggesting we will never trade with the EU again in order to trade with the US? How about being a position to trade with both.

All I said was that I disagree with the op that May should "go in with both barrels blazing. And come storming out of the meeting early if necessary" as we have business relationships with far worse people.

Is Trump worse than Putin? The House of Saud? Xi Jinping? Netanyahu?

Do we "go in with both barrels blazing. And come storming out of the meeting early if necessary" with any of these people? No we do what is in the interests of the country.

Why make Trump the exception?

Iron Lion Zion

So the Mexican President has the guts to stand up to Trrump on 19:15 - Jan 26 with 2375 viewsGlasgowBlue

So the Mexican President has the guts to stand up to Trrump on 19:07 - Jan 26 by J2BLUE

You do make a good point there. Another one that has landed a glove on me as a Brexiter is that we could be working with the EU on renewable energy and climate change to try and counter Trump's batsh1t stance.

We can't work on Renewable energy and climate change because we are out of the EU? Is it only the EU who work on Renewable energy and climate change?

188 countries committed to the Paris agreement. 161 of them aren't in the EU.

This is nonsense.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2017 19:19]

Iron Lion Zion

So the Mexican President has the guts to stand up to Trrump on 19:19 - Jan 26 with 2344 viewsbournemouthblue

And what concessions do you think we'll have to do with the US to ensure a trade deal with the US?

We are countries divided by a similar language

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

So the Mexican President has the guts to stand up to Trrump on 19:20 - Jan 26 with 2332 viewsbournemouthblue

So the Mexican President has the guts to stand up to Trrump on 18:06 - Jan 26 by GlasgowBlue

France?

So the Mexican President has the guts to stand up to Trrump on 19:20 - Jan 26 with 2339 viewsJ2BLUE

So the Mexican President has the guts to stand up to Trrump on 19:15 - Jan 26 by GlasgowBlue

We can't work on Renewable energy and climate change because we are out of the EU? Is it only the EU who work on Renewable energy and climate change?

This is nonsense.

Fair point again but will it be as close as if we were in? Will the Tories be as committed without EU influence?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So the Mexican President has the guts to stand up to Trrump on 19:23 - Jan 26 with 2322 viewsPinewoodblue

So the Mexican President has the guts to stand up to Trrump on 19:07 - Jan 26 by J2BLUE

We can, and will, work with the EU we just won't be working within the EU.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

So the Mexican President has the guts to stand up to Trrump on 19:26 - Jan 26 with 2295 viewsbournemouthblue

So the Mexican President has the guts to stand up to Trrump on 19:15 - Jan 26 by GlasgowBlue

This is nonsense.

Our own commitment to renewable energy has been too late in comparison with other countries

The Nuclear deal we have for Hinkley and Sizewell look disastrous

The Chinese will build them, learning and growing expertise in this field

Then the French will run them

The problem with Privatisation is we lose the skills and expertise to manage things like this which can actually be exported to the benefit of the UK

Our local trains are run by the Dutch, our second biggest bus service is run by the Germans

Our Ports are owned by the Chinese?

I suppose ironically, Brexit will force the Tories to hire more Civil Servants which historically they hate

My concern is we will simply 'outsource' our Border Controls to people like G4S and Serco
[Post edited 26 Jan 2017 19:38]

So the Mexican President has the guts to stand up to Trrump on 19:32 - Jan 26 with 2262 viewsunstableblue

So the Mexican President has the guts to stand up to Trrump on 18:04 - Jan 26 by GlasgowBlue

Perhaps you can explain to me why?

Because I'm struggling to remember seeing any posts from you regarding our business interest with the Saudis or Putin.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2017 18:07]

How about this one:

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/390800/this-saturday-night-live-trump-reaction#.WIpO

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

So the Mexican President has the guts to stand up to Trrump on 19:35 - Jan 26 with 2251 viewsSwansea_Blue

So the Mexican President has the guts to stand up to Trrump on 19:13 - Jan 26 by GlasgowBlue

Who is turning their backs on a special relationship and the world's largest market, which is right on our doorstep, so we can bend over backwards and be lead into god knows what by a narcissistic sociopath?

Are you seriously suggesting we will never trade with the EU again in order to trade with the US? How about being a position to trade with both.

All I said was that I disagree with the op that May should "go in with both barrels blazing. And come storming out of the meeting early if necessary" as we have business relationships with far worse people.

Is Trump worse than Putin? The House of Saud? Xi Jinping? Netanyahu?

Do we "go in with both barrels blazing. And come storming out of the meeting early if necessary" with any of these people? No we do what is in the interests of the country.

Why make Trump the exception?

We trade with both already; we trade with countries all over the world. We have a free trade agreement with our neighbours, but we're about to make those links more difficult for our companies. Yet there's a view we will do better with a country who's openly admitted they are going to be agressively protectionist. And has a track record of dragging us into things that affect our national security. I find that odd and naively optimistic. But hey ho.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So the Mexican President has the guts to stand up to Trrump on 19:36 - Jan 26 with 2242 viewsbournemouthblue

So the Mexican President has the guts to stand up to Trrump on 19:20 - Jan 26 by J2BLUE

Fair point again but will it be as close as if we were in? Will the Tories be as committed without EU influence?

Indeed, the EU could reign us in a bit

Michael Portillo was saying how he welcomes GMOs and BST based products to the UK market, Mmmmmmmm!

In one way I do relish the fact the EU will be out of the way as a scapegoat for our own governmental failings

They have successfully blamed everyone but themselves for the disastrous Osbournomics

It appears the new crew have adopted Milliband and Balls' economic policy?

So the Mexican President has the guts to stand up to Trrrump on 19:41 - Jan 26 with 2212 viewsTrequartista

So the Mexican President has the guts to stand up to Trrump on 18:18 - Jan 26 by thorpedo

I can't see either side agreeing to pay for the wall - it's a bit of a 'Mexican' stand-off......

Clever, but doesn't work. Needs a third party

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

So the Mexican President has the guts to stand up to Trrump on 20:13 - Jan 26 with 2177 viewsGlasgowBlue

So the Mexican President has the guts to stand up to Trrump on 19:32 - Jan 26 by unstableblue

How about this one:

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/390800/this-saturday-night-live-trump-reaction#.WIpO

Blimey! You really gone full on with the Saudis there mate. Yep, it really compares with your daily Trumpisms.

Now would you please tell me why my post was a new low for me?

Iron Lion Zion

So the Mexican President has the guts to stand up to Trrump on 20:17 - Jan 26 with 2167 viewsGlasgowBlue

So the Mexican President has the guts to stand up to Trrump on 19:35 - Jan 26 by Swansea_Blue

We trade with both already; we trade with countries all over the world. We have a free trade agreement with our neighbours, but we're about to make those links more difficult for our companies. Yet there's a view we will do better with a country who's openly admitted they are going to be agressively protectionist. And has a track record of dragging us into things that affect our national security. I find that odd and naively optimistic. But hey ho.

Again you are saying that we are putting all our eggs in Trump's basket. Conveniently swerving the deals we are able to do with Australia, Canada, New Zealand and India.

It's not a case of EU or Trump. You know this.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024