Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Danny Ward latest.. 13:54 - Jan 27 with 5089 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

According to Sky Sports anyway...

"We understand Rotherham have turned down a fourth bid for striker Danny Ward. The bid is over £2m and is from a Championship club.

Rotherham currently have three bids on the table for players as they look to strengthen their squad.

It is understood they have had three bids turned down for Grimsby striker Omar Bogle."
Danny Ward latest.. on 14:07 - Jan 27 with 4193 viewshochiblue

Presumably Grimsby have upped their price as well, so Rotherham can't sell dear and buy cheap, a technique which is working so well for us.
Danny Ward latest.. on 14:07 - Jan 27 with 4187 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

I would be disapointed if we are not in for Bogle myself!

Reckon we have moved on from Ward now personally as Rotherham are asking for far too much and we wont get involved in a bidding war-more likely to be QPR or Sheff Wed etc bidding I would have thought.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Danny Ward latest.. on 14:08 - Jan 27 with 4179 viewsitfcjoe

I've heard we are still in for Ward

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Danny Ward latest.. on 14:10 - Jan 27 with 4154 viewsSWGF

Danny Ward latest.. on 14:08 - Jan 27 by itfcjoe

Imagine if we ended up with both Ward and Hugill as our new £5m strike force by the end of Tuesday...

#scenes

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Danny Ward latest.. on 14:12 - Jan 27 with 4116 viewsKieran_Knows

Danny Ward latest.. on 14:08 - Jan 27 by itfcjoe

Interesting. I saw their manager make some comments last week, basically said they will only activate the additional year in his contract if he is still with them on 1st February. Wonder how much higher we'd go if £2m is being rejected as well!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Danny Ward latest.. on 14:12 - Jan 27 with 4105 viewsKieran_Knows

Danny Ward latest.. on 14:10 - Jan 27 by SWGF

Imagine if we ended up with both Ward and Hugill as our new £5m strike force by the end of Tuesday...

#scenes

Or both starting up top against Derby....

Danny Ward latest.. on 14:13 - Jan 27 with 4092 viewsSWGF

Danny Ward latest.. on 14:07 - Jan 27 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

I would be disapointed if we are not in for Bogle myself!

Reckon we have moved on from Ward now personally as Rotherham are asking for far too much and we wont get involved in a bidding war-more likely to be QPR or Sheff Wed etc bidding I would have thought.

Same re: Bogle.

Problem is, I suppose, that he's not tried/tested at this level and is therefore a larger gamble (esp if his price is going up and up). Better off paying the larger fee for Ward/Hugill, etc as they've at least played in the Champ.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?

Danny Ward latest.. on 14:13 - Jan 27 with 4086 viewsSWGF

Danny Ward latest.. on 14:12 - Jan 27 by Kieran_Knows

SWGF Jnr is one of the mascots that night. If that happens, I'll take his place and hold both their hands as they walk out the tunnel.

Login to get fewer ads

Danny Ward latest.. on 14:15 - Jan 27 with 4063 viewsKieran_Knows

Danny Ward latest.. on 14:13 - Jan 27 by SWGF

SWGF Jnr is one of the mascots that night. If that happens, I'll take his place and hold both their hands as they walk out the tunnel.

Can't wait to see that on Tuesday then.....

Danny Ward latest.. on 14:23 - Jan 27 with 3954 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Danny Ward latest.. on 14:13 - Jan 27 by SWGF

Same re: Bogle.

Problem is, I suppose, that he's not tried/tested at this level and is therefore a larger gamble (esp if his price is going up and up). Better off paying the larger fee for Ward/Hugill, etc as they've at least played in the Champ.

I kind of agree but neither Ward or Hugill are prolific in this league and buying experienced pro's for £££ has hardly worked for us lately.

Would prefer us to take a gamble or two on a few lower league gems like Bogle than average championship players. There are plenty others out there too-the Webster signing proves that they are out there, we just need to be brave enough to take that gamble and stump up when required.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Danny Ward latest.. on 14:29 - Jan 27 with 3876 viewsitfcbw

QPR the main ones after him supposedly. Makes me wonder whether Mick will go back in for Washington in a hope they'll let him go for a decent price whilst they're haggling over Ward.
Danny Ward latest.. on 14:30 - Jan 27 with 3866 viewsPhilTWTD

Danny Ward latest.. on 14:10 - Jan 27 by SWGF

#scenes

I'm sure Ward is still one we're interested in but I assume it would be one of Ward, Hugill or AN Other.
Danny Ward latest.. on 14:35 - Jan 27 with 3778 viewsDolly2.0

Danny Ward latest.. on 14:12 - Jan 27 by Kieran_Knows

More likely both starting up top FOR Derby.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Danny Ward latest.. on 14:37 - Jan 27 with 3747 viewsKieran_Knows

Danny Ward latest.. on 14:35 - Jan 27 by Dolly2.0

More likely both starting up top FOR Derby.

If it means bloody Nugent doesn't start or make the match day squad of 18 i'll be happy!

Danny Ward latest.. on 14:42 - Jan 27 with 3664 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Danny Ward latest.. on 14:30 - Jan 27 by PhilTWTD

I'm sure Ward is still one we're interested in but I assume it would be one of Ward, Hugill or AN Other.

Who is this 'AN Other' he sounds exotic
Danny Ward latest.. on 14:45 - Jan 27 with 3625 viewsipswichben

Danny Ward latest.. on 14:37 - Jan 27 by Kieran_Knows

If it means bloody Nugent doesn't start or make the match day squad of 18 i'll be happy!

Nugent is a big doubt for Derby's game tonight so fingers crossed the same injury curtails him on Tuesday.
Danny Ward latest.. on 14:49 - Jan 27 with 3580 viewsTIB

I'm beginning to think that Bogle and Taylor are our best shots...especially with Taylor's reported £300k release clause. How Winnal went for £500k and Ward and Hugill are asking upwards of £2m I don't know!?!

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Danny Ward latest.. on 14:53 - Jan 27 with 3532 viewsKieran_Knows

Danny Ward latest.. on 14:49 - Jan 27 by TIB

I'm beginning to think that Bogle and Taylor are our best shots...especially with Taylor's reported £300k release clause. How Winnal went for £500k and Ward and Hugill are asking upwards of £2m I don't know!?!

Marley Watkins.

Danny Ward latest.. on 14:58 - Jan 27 with 3494 viewsSWGF

Watkins?

Danny Ward latest.. on 14:59 - Jan 27 with 3476 viewsKormoran

Huddersfield have a 40% sell-on clause for Ward. If Rotherham sell for £2M they'd only get £1.2M. Hardly worth them selling for that kind of sum.
Danny Ward latest.. on 15:00 - Jan 27 with 3465 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Well Woodrow has had his loan confirmed to Burton so that rules him out at least.

Danny Ward latest.. on 15:08 - Jan 27 with 3378 viewsPhilTWTD

Danny Ward latest.. on 14:58 - Jan 27 by SWGF

Watkins?

I reckon he's still in the mix as well, perhaps in addition to one of the other two as he's primarily a wide player and may well be available relatively cheaply as his contract is up in the summer.
Danny Ward latest.. on 15:08 - Jan 27 with 3361 viewsDolly2.0

I can't help but think Bogle and Taylor sounds like a firm of solicitors.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Danny Ward latest.. on 16:34 - Jan 27 with 2936 viewsWoodsFriesRice

It's like the world's slowest auction. Imagine if Bargain Hunt were done this slowly? It'd run over into Pointless and then all hell would be let loose.

Poll: Which of these players (in their prime) would most help our present team?

Danny Ward latest.. on 16:39 - Jan 27 with 2859 viewshype313

Alex Neil? From the iconic song by Bros, That would set the cat amongst the pigeons.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024