Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/IpswichHomeless?utm_id=107&utm_term=KzV426Yy3 22:58 - Jan 29 with 890 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Hope this link actually works !

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/IpswichHomeless
[Post edited 30 Jan 2017 9:50]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/IpswichHomeless?utm_id=107&utm_term=KzV426Yy3 on 23:10 - Jan 29 with 855 viewsITFC1983

Usable Link Below-

https:/www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/IpswichHomeless/
[Post edited 30 Jan 2017 10:23]

Poll: £16m Mario Balotelli or £11m Ross McCormack or £FREE* David McGoldrick

www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/IpswichHomeless?utm_id=107&utm_term=KzV426Yy3 on 23:12 - Jan 29 with 848 viewsRoyKeanesDog

I saw this in the paper a few months ago. Brilliant idea.

A donation will be coming your way from me.

Poll: Best Football Song

www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/IpswichHomeless?utm_id=107&utm_term=KzV426Yy3 on 00:40 - Jan 30 with 818 viewsconnorscontract

Before you spend any of the money, can I please beg you and any of your core team to first talk to, and then spend at least a week with, the Isle of Wight bus team?

What you are doing is excellent and generous but (and I don't know you and can't make assumptions here as to your awareness of issues around eg Mental Health or Addiction) you could be putting yourselves and some very vulnerable people at great risk.

This could be a great thing but it's really important that it is done safely and right first time.

For example, all Night Shelters need to have policies around exclusion: on what grounds would somebody be excluded? If they are intoxicated or in any way under the influence of drugs or alcohol? If they are in possession of drugs? Weapons? If animals will be allowed in/to stay? Then there are other policies: Staffing number requirements for safe working, minimum training levels for safe working. Much as I hate to say it, you'll need risk assessments and insurance policies, too.

I really, really don't want to put a downer on this or squelch your enthusiasm but you need to get really good advice on all of this to do it right, and I fear your £5,000 target may get you an old bus and get it kitted out and repaired to a road-worthy standard (although if you hit bad mechanical problems it could be a lot more than that) but certainly won't meet what I would see as anticipated running costs.

At the very least talk to the local Salvation Army, or the people who run the Christmas shelters, and get their feedback.

It's an amazing thing that you are wanting to do but you are also taking on a big commitment and shouldn't be afraid to seek help.

I'm writing as an experienced community project leader and initiator. I've been Chair of Trustees of a Youth Centre, and I'm currently Chair of Trustees of some community rooms. I've set up and run an Arts Centre and a Debt Counselling Centre on absolute shoestring budgets. I believe that it's best to see what's needed, what we can do about it, and then build the team and find the funding. It's fantastic that you have a similar spirit and that you want to make a real and lasting difference and I hope you can get some really wise and experienced people on board with your team to guide you through the next stages. All the best with it!
[Post edited 30 Jan 2017 0:52]
www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/IpswichHomeless?utm_id=107&utm_term=KzV426Yy3 on 00:52 - Jan 30 with 805 viewsJohnhoz

www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/IpswichHomeless?utm_id=107&utm_term=KzV426Yy3 on 00:40 - Jan 30 by connorscontract

Before you spend any of the money, can I please beg you and any of your core team to first talk to, and then spend at least a week with, the Isle of Wight bus team?

What you are doing is excellent and generous but (and I don't know you and can't make assumptions here as to your awareness of issues around eg Mental Health or Addiction) you could be putting yourselves and some very vulnerable people at great risk.

This could be a great thing but it's really important that it is done safely and right first time.

For example, all Night Shelters need to have policies around exclusion: on what grounds would somebody be excluded? If they are intoxicated or in any way under the influence of drugs or alcohol? If they are in possession of drugs? Weapons? If animals will be allowed in/to stay? Then there are other policies: Staffing number requirements for safe working, minimum training levels for safe working. Much as I hate to say it, you'll need risk assessments and insurance policies, too.

I really, really don't want to put a downer on this or squelch your enthusiasm but you need to get really good advice on all of this to do it right, and I fear your £5,000 target may get you an old bus and get it kitted out and repaired to a road-worthy standard (although if you hit bad mechanical problems it could be a lot more than that) but certainly won't meet what I would see as anticipated running costs.

At the very least talk to the local Salvation Army, or the people who run the Christmas shelters, and get their feedback.

It's an amazing thing that you are wanting to do but you are also taking on a big commitment and shouldn't be afraid to seek help.

I'm writing as an experienced community project leader and initiator. I've been Chair of Trustees of a Youth Centre, and I'm currently Chair of Trustees of some community rooms. I've set up and run an Arts Centre and a Debt Counselling Centre on absolute shoestring budgets. I believe that it's best to see what's needed, what we can do about it, and then build the team and find the funding. It's fantastic that you have a similar spirit and that you want to make a real and lasting difference and I hope you can get some really wise and experienced people on board with your team to guide you through the next stages. All the best with it!

I completely agree with this. Get people involved who have some expertise.(You may already be doing this) Emmaus have a retail outlet in Ipswich, but they also have 28 residential communitites across the UK. They may be able to help.
https://www.emmaus.org.uk

What you are doing is a great idea, for a group of very vulnerable people, but there are a lot of risks involved, also.

Good luck............

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/IpswichHomeless?utm_id=107&utm_term=KzV426Yy3 on 09:27 - Jan 30 with 701 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/IpswichHomeless?utm_id=107&utm_term=KzV426Yy3 on 00:40 - Jan 30 by connorscontract

https://m.facebook.com/tiffersbus this is their Facebook page where they have been getting offers of help and maybe able to address these concerns. Hope the link functions unlike my computer illiterate first go !

www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/IpswichHomeless?utm_id=107&utm_term=KzV426Yy3 on 09:52 - Jan 30 with 669 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/IpswichHomeless?utm_id=107&utm_term=KzV426Yy3 on 23:10 - Jan 29 by ITFC1983

Usable Link Below-

https:/www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/IpswichHomeless/
[Post edited 30 Jan 2017 10:23]

Thanks not sure if it was me or the twtd server playing silly bu#gers last night !

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024