Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tax Returns 15:22 - Jan 30 with 1178 viewsGuthrum

Deadline day tomorrow for that too, all Self Assessment people!

Just done mine.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Tax Returns on 15:25 - Jan 30 with 1167 viewsdirtyboy

Hope you did that f****r yourself! If you had an accountant do it at this late stage you'd be subjected to a fairly hefty premium called "a**eh**e tax" ;-)

Incidentally, human nature and all that, but I turnover more than 50% of my entire fees in the last 3 months of the deadline.
Tax Returns on 15:26 - Jan 30 with 1161 viewsNazemariner

Don't I know it. Can't make the game tomorrow as I'll be in the office until late making sure all my disorganised clients returns are in on time.

Radio Suffolk and a Dominoes for me!
Tax Returns on 15:40 - Jan 30 with 1118 viewsdirtyboy

Tax Returns on 15:26 - Jan 30 by Nazemariner

Don't I know it. Can't make the game tomorrow as I'll be in the office until late making sure all my disorganised clients returns are in on time.

Radio Suffolk and a Dominoes for me!

Literally just had one muppet in the office signing his tax return (with a £35k tax refund) saying, really could have done with that money sooner..

I pulled up the letters dated April, June and October requesting his information and that our records suggest he's due a refund.

That is the kind of person we deal with this time of year.
Tax Returns on 15:44 - Jan 30 with 1102 viewsGuthrum

Tax Returns on 15:25 - Jan 30 by dirtyboy

Hope you did that f****r yourself! If you had an accountant do it at this late stage you'd be subjected to a fairly hefty premium called "a**eh**e tax" ;-)

Incidentally, human nature and all that, but I turnover more than 50% of my entire fees in the last 3 months of the deadline.

Yes, I've always done my own. Had the figures prepared ages ago, but not got round to submitting the form.

Tax Returns on 15:47 - Jan 30 with 1082 viewsGuthrum

Tax Returns on 15:40 - Jan 30 by dirtyboy

Literally just had one muppet in the office signing his tax return (with a £35k tax refund) saying, really could have done with that money sooner..

I pulled up the letters dated April, June and October requesting his information and that our records suggest he's due a refund.

Many, many years ago I worked briefly as a clerk for an accountant. Having people turn up with empty ledger books and carrier bags full of screwed-up receipts taught me a lot.

Tax Returns on 15:56 - Jan 30 with 1046 viewsgiant_stow

My accountant got in touch to remind me this morning - he emailed the figures for the year to me which was nice as I've given him nothing at all to go on.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Tax Returns on 15:57 - Jan 30 with 1041 viewsfactual_blue

As a former Civil Servant I am of course exempt from tax in perpetuity.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Tax Returns on 16:04 - Jan 30 with 1019 viewsgiant_stow

Tax Returns on 15:57 - Jan 30 by factual_blue

As a former Civil Servant I am of course exempt from tax in perpetuity.

do you get a free serf to keep you in fresh veg too?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

Tax Returns on 16:11 - Jan 30 with 1002 viewsTLA

Mine's all done - I'm sure we all promise ourselves that we'll be more organised next year and not leave it until the last minute. Doing it on the 30th of January does, kind of, fulfil that promise.
Tax Returns on 16:22 - Jan 30 with 991 viewshoppy

Tax Returns on 15:44 - Jan 30 by Guthrum

Yes, I've always done my own. Had the figures prepared ages ago, but not got round to submitting the form.

I'd got my figures sorted ages ago, but had to wait for a couple of figures from the partnership accounts to be able to complete it, and they weren't ready until Thursday last week, so did mine on Friday, got the confirmed figure I need to pay through today and then I just need to make sure it's paid tomorrow. Sorted.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Tax Returns on 16:24 - Jan 30 with 980 viewsdirtyboy

Tax Returns on 15:56 - Jan 30 by giant_stow

My accountant got in touch to remind me this morning - he emailed the figures for the year to me which was nice as I've given him nothing at all to go on.

We can obtain most information from HMRC directly now, bypassing the need for clients to dig their P60s out etc.

Makes things much easier (but you still need the P60 at some point to check HMRC still have the correct figure as they don't always)
Tax Returns on 16:26 - Jan 30 with 972 viewshoppy

Tax Returns on 15:56 - Jan 30 by giant_stow

Surely you can count up enough to do it yourself, with all those fingers to count on?

Tax Returns on 16:29 - Jan 30 with 949 viewsNazemariner

The client is always right you know!
Tax Returns on 16:48 - Jan 30 with 915 viewsKeno

My accountant submitted mine in July, so deadline, what deadline

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Tax Returns on 17:15 - Jan 30 with 873 viewsfactual_blue

Tax Returns on 15:47 - Jan 30 by Guthrum

Many, many years ago I worked briefly as a clerk for an accountant. Having people turn up with empty ledger books and carrier bags full of screwed-up receipts taught me a lot.

You are Bob Crachit and I claim my five guineas and the biggest goose in the butcher's window.

Tax Returns on 17:20 - Jan 30 with 861 viewsfactual_blue

Tax Returns on 16:04 - Jan 30 by giant_stow

do you get a free serf to keep you in fresh veg too?

Three serfs.

And an elk.

Tax Returns on 17:23 - Jan 30 with 839 viewshoppy

Tax Returns on 17:20 - Jan 30 by factual_blue

Three serfs.

And an elk.

Are you sure it's an elk, and not a moose.... of the spruce variety?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024