Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There's a spike in the homeless 15:59 - Jan 30 with 605 viewsWeWereZombies

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-38798215

But someone is doing something about it (and apologies for a pun in bad taste, just trying to get the attention of people who might otherwise pass over this).

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

There's a spike in the homeless on 16:10 - Jan 30 with 591 viewsJ2BLUE

As much as I admire her efforts she doesn't own the building so has no right to do that. The owner can simply remove them. It would have been much better to try and shame the owner into removing them and make them realise they are being cruel.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

There's a spike in the homeless on 16:19 - Jan 30 with 576 viewsWeWereZombies

There's a spike in the homeless on 16:10 - Jan 30 by J2BLUE

As much as I admire her efforts she doesn't own the building so has no right to do that. The owner can simply remove them. It would have been much better to try and shame the owner into removing them and make them realise they are being cruel.

If you read the article you would see that the landlords say they do not approve of the spikes and are attempting to distance themselves from their fitting. So I don't know if the tenant has owned up to their heartless action but in the meantime she and her Bradford City supporting sons (I know, it's the strip of a local rugby team) have done something.

Well, two things - comfied up the space and publicised the plight of the homeless - especially when arrises make the built environment look like Colditz.

Actually, a third thing, she's probably made a bit of a beacon for somewhere for a few homeless people who don't know where they are going to sleep tonight to find a place to kip.

There's a spike in the homeless on 16:24 - Jan 30 with 569 viewsNo9

Another statistic we should be ashamed of if we calim to be a civilised country

http://www.crisis.org.uk/pages/homeless-def-numbers.html
There's a spike in the homeless on 21:51 - Jan 30 with 527 viewsJ2BLUE

There's a spike in the homeless on 16:19 - Jan 30 by WeWereZombies

If you read the article you would see that the landlords say they do not approve of the spikes and are attempting to distance themselves from their fitting. So I don't know if the tenant has owned up to their heartless action but in the meantime she and her Bradford City supporting sons (I know, it's the strip of a local rugby team) have done something.

Well, two things - comfied up the space and publicised the plight of the homeless - especially when arrises make the built environment look like Colditz.

Actually, a third thing, she's probably made a bit of a beacon for somewhere for a few homeless people who don't know where they are going to sleep tonight to find a place to kip.

If you read the article...the tenants have distanced themselves, not the landlord. The article says she has 'hit out at the owner of the building' and 'Ms Platt, who is an estate agent, added: "The building owners are treating human beings like pigeons.'

Truly impaired.

There's a spike in the homeless on 22:00 - Jan 30 with 507 viewsWeWereZombies

There's a spike in the homeless on 21:51 - Jan 30 by J2BLUE

If you read the article...the tenants have distanced themselves, not the landlord. The article says she has 'hit out at the owner of the building' and 'Ms Platt, who is an estate agent, added: "The building owners are treating human beings like pigeons.'

Think the story has been updated since I first posted - there was no mention of GVA and Pall Mall were referred to as landlords, and no mention of the spikes being removed. See - her publicity worked.

There's a spike in the homeless on 22:03 - Jan 30 with 490 viewsJ2BLUE

There's a spike in the homeless on 22:00 - Jan 30 by WeWereZombies

Think the story has been updated since I first posted - there was no mention of GVA and Pall Mall were referred to as landlords, and no mention of the spikes being removed. See - her publicity worked.

Fair play to her, I was wrong. Brilliant news.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024