Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Go into a meeting at 11am and come out to see our captain is off.... 14:01 - Jan 31 with 2004 viewsitfcjoe

...and we have been linked with a nobody on loan to develop for Reading.

I'll hold fire until the window shuts - but if this is the extent of our action today then what does that say about Evans?

The club is being stripped back to the bare bones - and it just isn't good enough.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Go into a meeting at 11am and come out to see our captain is off.... on 14:03 - Jan 31 with 1466 viewstextbackup

I sitting here thinking 'what the fck is he up to?'

Seriously, what is this

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Go into a meeting at 11am and come out to see our captain is off.... on 14:10 - Jan 31 with 1361 viewsrgp1

Don't turn up with boots you might get a game. Losing Chambers would be massive. A lot of people forget all the vital last ditch blocks he puts in. I suspect and as you say down to bare bones and as the manager would say ' diggers' is a quality player even though he has hardly played. No new signings apart from poundland and a wafer thin squad leads me to only one conclusion that the manager is a dead man walking!
Go into a meeting at 11am and come out to see our captain is off.... on 14:12 - Jan 31 with 1340 viewsElderGrizzly

Of course, as with every player who leaves this club, they only go if Mick agrees.

It's still an utter shambles of course
Go into a meeting at 11am and come out to see our captain is off.... on 14:16 - Jan 31 with 1297 viewsMJallday

Go into a meeting at 11am and come out to see our captain is off.... on 14:03 - Jan 31 by textbackup

I sitting here thinking 'what the fck is he up to?'

Seriously, what is this

looks very much like asset stripping to me....

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Go into a meeting at 11am and come out to see our captain is off.... on 14:17 - Jan 31 with 1277 viewsWeirdFishes

I'm concerned I may go into meltdown.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Go into a meeting at 11am and come out to see our captain is off.... on 14:19 - Jan 31 with 1259 viewsGunnsAirkick

Go into a meeting at 11am and come out to see our captain is off.... on 14:12 - Jan 31 by ElderGrizzly

Of course, as with every player who leaves this club, they only go if Mick agrees.

It's still an utter shambles of course

You tell us this time and time again but just days ago Mick gawped when someone suggested he might let Berra go, now we're supposed to believe he's happy to let his Captain go (a player who he has always waxed lyrical about?) Something doesn't add up.
Go into a meeting at 11am and come out to see our captain is off.... on 14:22 - Jan 31 with 1221 viewsElderGrizzly

Go into a meeting at 11am and come out to see our captain is off.... on 14:19 - Jan 31 by GunnsAirkick

You tell us this time and time again but just days ago Mick gawped when someone suggested he might let Berra go, now we're supposed to believe he's happy to let his Captain go (a player who he has always waxed lyrical about?) Something doesn't add up.

I only repeat what Mick and Milne have both said in reports on here.

Almost like the player or his agent might be after more money....
Go into a meeting at 11am and come out to see our captain is off.... on 14:26 - Jan 31 with 1169 viewsitfcjoe

Go into a meeting at 11am and come out to see our captain is off.... on 14:19 - Jan 31 by GunnsAirkick

Totally agree - no way Mick sanctions this.

He'll come out and back up the owner like he always does - but only because he's a good employee.

Login to get fewer ads

Go into a meeting at 11am and come out to see our captain is off.... on 14:27 - Jan 31 with 1157 viewsRyorry

Broadband down since early morning, and come back on only to see first thread is yours saying you came out of an 11am meeting to "see our captain is off!"

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Go into a meeting at 11am and come out to see our captain is off.... on 14:31 - Jan 31 with 1130 viewsElderGrizzly

Go into a meeting at 11am and come out to see our captain is off.... on 14:26 - Jan 31 by itfcjoe

Totally agree - no way Mick sanctions this.

He'll come out and back up the owner like he always does - but only because he's a good employee.

So Evans sells his Captain behind his managers back or expressly against his wishes, potentially on a free? What does he gain from it?

Someone said on here earlier Chambers had been offered a new deal but on less money so wanted out.

Now, if LC demands to leave, that is a different situation. As with Murphy. And Mick admitted he couldn't stand in DM's way
[Post edited 31 Jan 2017 14:31]
It's Evan's money..... on 14:35 - Jan 31 with 1089 viewsBloots

Go into a meeting at 11am and come out to see our captain is off.... on 14:31 - Jan 31 by ElderGrizzly

So Evans sells his Captain behind his managers back or expressly against his wishes, potentially on a free? What does he gain from it?

Someone said on here earlier Chambers had been offered a new deal but on less money so wanted out.

Now, if LC demands to leave, that is a different situation. As with Murphy. And Mick admitted he couldn't stand in DM's way

....not Mick's.

Stop defending the owner.

He's continuing to behave like a totally clueless helmet.

Accept it.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Go into a meeting at 11am and come out to see our captain is off.... on 14:37 - Jan 31 with 1065 viewsitfcjoe

Go into a meeting at 11am and come out to see our captain is off.... on 14:31 - Jan 31 by ElderGrizzly

Not behind his back - but maybe with begrudging acceptance.

Mick will defend his boss; but Evans has lost the plot by the looks of things.

It's Evan's money..... on 14:39 - Jan 31 with 1030 viewsElderGrizzly

It's Evan's money..... on 14:35 - Jan 31 by Bloots

....not Mick's.

Stop defending the owner.

He's continuing to behave like a totally clueless helmet.

Accept it.

I'm not defending the owner. I'm repeating a line Phil has written plenty of times.

Accept that?
Go into a meeting at 11am and come out to see our captain is off.... on 14:40 - Jan 31 with 1012 viewsElderGrizzly

Go into a meeting at 11am and come out to see our captain is off.... on 14:37 - Jan 31 by itfcjoe

So what does Evans gain from it? That's what i don't understand here on this logic.

A manager even more demotivated and the loss of the Captain for £0
Go into a meeting at 11am and come out to see our captain is off.... on 14:41 - Jan 31 with 1004 viewsSomethingBlue

To be honest, even if Chambers stays, our squad looks an utter state to me if nobody significant comes in. How far we have unravelled after so much good work.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Go into a meeting at 11am and come out to see our captain is off.... on 14:43 - Jan 31 with 970 viewsitfcjoe

Go into a meeting at 11am and come out to see our captain is off.... on 14:40 - Jan 31 by ElderGrizzly

So what does Evans gain from it? That's what i don't understand here on this logic.

He gains the £8k a week we would be paying Chambers until June

Go into a meeting at 11am and come out to see our captain is off.... on 14:43 - Jan 31 with 969 viewsGunnsAirkick

Go into a meeting at 11am and come out to see our captain is off.... on 14:40 - Jan 31 by ElderGrizzly

For £0? He is still in contract with the option of a further year so assume small fee? Also smaller wage bill? It certainly makes more sense than Mick wanting him to go.
Go into a meeting at 11am and come out to see our captain is off.... on 14:48 - Jan 31 with 908 viewsLamby95

Go into a meeting at 11am and come out to see our captain is off.... on 14:37 - Jan 31 by itfcjoe

I could understand the Murphy sale to a bigger club and as a last pay day for him.

I can understand why Evans would be reluctant on spending over the odds with the fees being paid in the championship right now.

I can't understand how losing your captain on deadline day is ever a good thing. Not even losing him to a premier league side or promotion chasing side. It's a team below us! There is no logic behind this decision at all. First time I'm seriously concerned by Evans' actions
Go into a meeting at 11am and come out to see our captain is off.... on 14:49 - Jan 31 with 902 viewsElderGrizzly

Go into a meeting at 11am and come out to see our captain is off.... on 14:43 - Jan 31 by GunnsAirkick

For £0? He is still in contract with the option of a further year so assume small fee? Also smaller wage bill? It certainly makes more sense than Mick wanting him to go.

So Phil saying this then, or is he on in the deal to back up Evans?

Go into a meeting at 11am and come out to see our captain is off.... on 14:53 - Jan 31 with 859 viewsElderGrizzly

Go into a meeting at 11am and come out to see our captain is off.... on 14:43 - Jan 31 by itfcjoe

He gains the £8k a week we would be paying Chambers until June

And he'll lose even more if we get relegated

I see Phil has said this will have MM's backing, so what now?
Go into a meeting at 11am and come out to see our captain is off.... on 14:54 - Jan 31 with 841 viewshype313

Phil said that the extension would be on the same wages, so can't see how that second sentence rings true.

Could be,, as others have said the club might want to put the reported £8k a week towards another player.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Go into a meeting at 11am and come out to see our captain is off.... on 14:58 - Jan 31 with 781 viewsElderGrizzly

Go into a meeting at 11am and come out to see our captain is off.... on 14:54 - Jan 31 by hype313

Phil said that the extension would be on the same wages, so can't see how that second sentence rings true.

Could be,, as others have said the club might want to put the reported £8k a week towards another player.

The extension would be, i was talking about someone on here saying we had offered a longer contract but on less money. This was rejected by LC.
Go into a meeting at 11am and come out to see our captain is off.... on 14:59 - Jan 31 with 763 viewshype313

Go into a meeting at 11am and come out to see our captain is off.... on 14:58 - Jan 31 by ElderGrizzly

The extension would be, i was talking about someone on here saying we had offered a longer contract but on less money. This was rejected by LC.

Ah, fair enough.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I don't accept everything.... on 15:00 - Jan 31 with 752 viewsBloots

It's Evan's money..... on 14:39 - Jan 31 by ElderGrizzly

I'm not defending the owner. I'm repeating a line Phil has written plenty of times.

Accept that?

....that Phil says, no.

Just constantly repeating something doesn't make it correct.

If Evans wants to pay Chambers more and improve his contract he could.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Go into a meeting at 11am and come out to see our captain is off.... on 15:01 - Jan 31 with 740 viewsElderGrizzly

Go into a meeting at 11am and come out to see our captain is off.... on 14:43 - Jan 31 by GunnsAirkick

As Phil clarified above, it is Chambers wanting to leave appparently.

So we are in Murphy territory. Do you hold on to an unhappy player?

Mick won't want him to go, never said he has, but he will begrudgingly agree in this situation i'm sure.

The key point, is ME is not doing this against anyone's wishes if he does leave
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024