Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chambers 23:49 - Jan 31 with 1167 viewsGarv

I would love love love to know how today went down in regards to the potential transfer and our captain's thoughts and intentions.

I'd like to think he loves this club enough that he didn't want to go, but surely if that was the case the story wouldn't have got as far as is it did, would it? Sounds like he might have gone had the clubs agreed something.

What I will say is that you could see how he felt at the end today. Walking off, on his own after clapping the North Stand, with his head in his hands. Whenever he goes, if that's soon or not for a couple of years, he shouldn't be going with any scorn or abuse.

As for the game the less said the better. I've not seen a team so much better at playing football than us for a long time. They were just all over us, and I missed the first 25 minutes and first two goals!

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Chambers on 23:51 - Jan 31 with 1129 viewsfactual_blue

Sounds as though Forest were interested and Town knocked them back.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Chambers on 23:54 - Jan 31 with 1111 viewsLuk38644

He clearly wants to stay and loves it here but is concerned about his long-term security and his family, and you can't blame him for that. He's probably had a bloody cr@p day.

Why don't we just trigger his contract extension? We did it for 'Dougie' and Tabb, why wouldn't we offer our club captain and mainstay over the past 4 years another 12 months?

I'd rather we triggered his extension than got 'bodies' in like we have done this window.
Chambers on 01:04 - Feb 1 with 952 viewsGarv

Chambers on 23:54 - Jan 31 by Luk38644

He clearly wants to stay and loves it here but is concerned about his long-term security and his family, and you can't blame him for that. He's probably had a bloody cr@p day.

Why don't we just trigger his contract extension? We did it for 'Dougie' and Tabb, why wouldn't we offer our club captain and mainstay over the past 4 years another 12 months?

I'd rather we triggered his extension than got 'bodies' in like we have done this window.

It does seem a strange issue and one that has been rather glossed over in the media I feel. Has anyone point blank asked someone at the club "does the management want to keep Luke Chambers?"? If they want to keep him, why wasn't something done months ago?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Chambers on 01:20 - Feb 1 with 944 viewsPhilTWTD

Chambers on 23:54 - Jan 31 by Luk38644

I think what appears - and we may eventually learn otherwise - to have been an ultimately failed attempt to engineer his exit may have been premature as I assume Town would have triggered his option towards the end of the season and then discussed a new deal as they did with Tommy Smith and Luke Hyam last year.

Someone suggested to me earlier he was getting panicky about his contract being up in the summer, I suspect unduly so, even if he thinks he deserves to have been offered new terms before now as captain, a regular in the team for several years etc. Hopefully all parties can resolve their differences and he'll stay as I think Chambo is both a good bloke and a good captain.
Chambers on 01:23 - Feb 1 with 921 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Chambers on 01:20 - Feb 1 by PhilTWTD

I think what appears - and we may eventually learn otherwise - to have been an ultimately failed attempt to engineer his exit may have been premature as I assume Town would have triggered his option towards the end of the season and then discussed a new deal as they did with Tommy Smith and Luke Hyam last year.

Someone suggested to me earlier he was getting panicky about his contract being up in the summer, I suspect unduly so, even if he thinks he deserves to have been offered new terms before now as captain, a regular in the team for several years etc. Hopefully all parties can resolve their differences and he'll stay as I think Chambo is both a good bloke and a good captain.

Last sentence X 1,000,000

Everything over the past few years suggests that he is THE vital figure within the club, and would dread to think what would have happened if he had gone.

Poll: Best Football Song

Chambers on 01:27 - Feb 1 with 904 viewsSuperfrans

It's unconscionable to leave him in this position. Shameful.

If the club knows he's going to get another year, why don't they tell him. It's quite possible that Chambers has put two and two together and is assuming (like many of us) that McCarthy is going to go and is concerned that he will be out. The club owes Chambers, a player who's been an excellent servant for us and played a central role in McCarthy's initial success, much more than that.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Chambers on 01:36 - Feb 1 with 873 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Chambers on 01:23 - Feb 1 by RoyKeanesDog

Last sentence X 1,000,000

Everything over the past few years suggests that he is THE vital figure within the club, and would dread to think what would have happened if he had gone.

I have to strongly agree

Letting him go would've been criminal

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Chambers on 01:46 - Feb 1 with 847 viewsLuk38644

Nail on the head Phil.
Login to get fewer ads

Chambers on 02:30 - Feb 1 with 798 viewscasanovacrow

You don't need permission from the players club these days to talk to the player then?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024