Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do any of those 7 signings improve the starting XI? 08:19 - Feb 1 with 1486 viewsitfcjoe

I can't see it....except Diagourouga and he's not going to be fit for a few weeks.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2017 8:20]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Do any of those 7 signings improve the starting XI? on 08:30 - Feb 1 with 1419 viewsgreyhound

Worryingly I'm not sure if some of them will get near the starting 11 all season.

I still can't get over what happened for them to bang on about getting Taylor ready and cleared for the match day squad for him to then not even get selected. Hoping that one hasn't gone rotten already.
Do any of those 7 signings improve the starting XI? on 08:38 - Feb 1 with 1369 viewsSteve_M

Taylor might, certainly having an experienced option is a good thing. given current injuries. Same might apply to Spence, once fit....

Otherwise we're just padding the squad further in case of injuries , the lack of a loan window making our half-arsed approached even more half-arsed this season.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Do any of those 7 signings improve the starting XI? on 08:39 - Feb 1 with 1365 viewshadleighboyblue

another terrible transfer window , getting in 7 unexciting signings looks like we are in panic mode , team selection will become a lottery .

How many of them will improve the team when they haven't managed to get into other championship teams .

If the likes of Wigan and Bristol City can make decent signings , why can't we ?

What happened to the big signing to replace Murphy that was promised , we have had enough time to have realistic targets .

2 decent signings would have improved the team , 7 substandard signings won't , they will just block the development of our own players .

Without Lawrence our frontline has no goal threat , Sears and Pitman were awful last night , the players and the manager look like they have lost the will to fight .
Do any of those 7 signings improve the starting XI? on 08:43 - Feb 1 with 1331 viewschislehurstblue

Do any of those 7 signings improve the starting XI? on 08:39 - Feb 1 by hadleighboyblue

another terrible transfer window , getting in 7 unexciting signings looks like we are in panic mode , team selection will become a lottery .

How many of them will improve the team when they haven't managed to get into other championship teams .

If the likes of Wigan and Bristol City can make decent signings , why can't we ?

What happened to the big signing to replace Murphy that was promised , we have had enough time to have realistic targets .

2 decent signings would have improved the team , 7 substandard signings won't , they will just block the development of our own players .

Without Lawrence our frontline has no goal threat , Sears and Pitman were awful last night , the players and the manager look like they have lost the will to fight .

It was interesting reading chambers interview the other day when he said something along the lines of that even the players know they need quality signings in to make a difference. Seems everyone is aware of this apart from Evans.

Evans is the issue.
Do any of those 7 signings improve the starting XI? on 08:48 - Feb 1 with 1291 viewsGuthrum

Tho I have not seen them in the flesh, I was encouraged by Diagouraga and think that Moore could be promising, for his enthusiasm if maybe not tremendous technical skill (sort of the antithesis of Sears). Spence sounds ok, but may get in the way of Emmanuel.

Of the others, in the main we have no real idea how they'll perform. But, in reality, unlikely all to be startling revelations. Taylor is, at least, a probably solid and experienced addition in an area we need cover. Rowe provides an alternative to Ward.

They are mostly likely to be no worse than the current squad, especially with some of our existing players being low on confidence/form.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Do any of those 7 signings improve the starting XI? on 08:51 - Feb 1 with 1253 viewshadleighboyblue

Do any of those 7 signings improve the starting XI? on 08:43 - Feb 1 by chislehurstblue

It was interesting reading chambers interview the other day when he said something along the lines of that even the players know they need quality signings in to make a difference. Seems everyone is aware of this apart from Evans.

Evans is the issue.

Sadly it's not just Evans - it's also the manager , Milne , our scouts etc that are all failing ITFC miserably .

The club has become a bad joke , unable to sign players to improve the squad - we need quality , not quantity
Do any of those 7 signings improve the starting XI? on 08:52 - Feb 1 with 1247 viewsSuperfrans

If Lawrence is injured, the New Welsh lad might. And Rowe.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Do any of those 7 signings improve the starting XI? on 08:53 - Feb 1 with 1235 viewsDoobDude

5 of these transfers are only here to the end of the season!
They are basically a big F You to our current crop of youths and academy players.
Never has a 5 point plan been so quickly proved the nonsense I always believed it was.

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Huh? I... I don't know that ... Auuuuuuuugh.
Poll: Whi is getting sold to fund the Webster Signing

Login to get fewer ads

Do any of those 7 signings improve the starting XI? on 09:07 - Feb 1 with 1177 viewsBluebell

I was quite impressed with Spence yesterday evening. He really grew into the game. When Ward came in they played well on that right side together.

I haven't seen enough of Moore and anything of the others to comment.
Do any of those 7 signings improve the starting XI? on 09:26 - Feb 1 with 1116 viewsSWGF

Do any of those 7 signings improve the starting XI? on 09:07 - Feb 1 by Bluebell

I was quite impressed with Spence yesterday evening. He really grew into the game. When Ward came in they played well on that right side together.

I haven't seen enough of Moore and anything of the others to comment.

Really?

I thought Spence was appalling. No reason whatsoever why he should be playing instead of Emmanuel, IMO.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Do any of those 7 signings improve the starting XI? on 10:14 - Feb 1 with 1049 viewsGarv

Do any of those 7 signings improve the starting XI? on 09:26 - Feb 1 by SWGF

Really?

I thought Spence was appalling. No reason whatsoever why he should be playing instead of Emmanuel, IMO.

Struggled first half and seemed to get beaten every time by Camara, but was better second half, probably because he was going foward more rather than back. He contibutes to attacks well enough.

Not a lot between him and Emmanuel I'd suggest, so there is a good argument for allowing the younger one play more games.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Do any of those 7 signings improve the starting XI? on 10:30 - Feb 1 with 993 viewsfeelingblue

Unless Taylor has had a completely catastrophic loss of form and and ability, he is easily better than our existing centre backs (Webster may be as good one day)
Do any of those 7 signings improve the starting XI? on 10:41 - Feb 1 with 939 viewschicoazul

Radio Gaga will. Taylor certainly could the way Berra is all over the place at the moment. People are saying Spence looked ok last night although I dont think he should be in ahead of Emmanuel. None of us have seen Rowe yet or the loan guys so nobody knows on them. The big lump Moore seems like a change option if things arent going well.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Do any of those 7 signings improve the starting XI? on 10:45 - Feb 1 with 911 viewsSuperfrans

Do any of those 7 signings improve the starting XI? on 09:26 - Feb 1 by SWGF

Really?

I wasn't hugely impressed either. But, we have to weight that against Derby being one of the most creative, attacking sides in the division, in good form.

Emmanuel is good in the final third, but doesn't have the positional sense to be particularly reliable at the back imho. Mick seems to be introducing him gently. I suspect we may see him and Spence alternating between now and the end of the season.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Do any of those 7 signings improve the starting XI? on 11:03 - Feb 1 with 854 viewstextbackup

Nope, they are bodies, not quality

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Do any of those 7 signings improve the starting XI? on 11:09 - Feb 1 with 834 viewsLankHenners

Not significantly. Diagouraga could add a bit more bite and athleticism in the midfield and Taylor should be decent as a CB and as a big voice on the pitch.

The loans are what they are, not what we need; Moore and Rowe have potential but I suppose it'll be next season before we can really see if they'll make it here. Spence could be alright if he was fit.

Really not sure what Evans is doing. If he came out and said "we're disappointed with the January window, but we're going to invest in the summer to build a squad capable of challenging at the right end of the table" then perhaps there'd be more understanding. If the summer is anything like the last two transfer windows then we're never getting out of this division at the top end.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024