Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Three observations/things that are bothering me 14:36 - Feb 1 with 549 viewsJ2BLUE

1) MM said all the way through the window that other teams don't want to sell their best players and they want to have someone in before letting them go. We sold Murphy with no one in to replace him and sold the focal point of our team for £3m. Some will say he wanted to go and i'm sure he did and some will say £3m is good money but it's not really is it? Not when it has totally screwed us over. In theory for the last day or two of the last window and the full month of this one we had £3m and the wages Murphy freed up to replace him and we couldn't get a deal done for anyone we wanted? Even if there are various fees and payments(purely speculating here) which make that £3m nearer £2m (which would make the deal even worse) there was no one we could sign permanently that we wanted? I don't believe. No one on here believes that.

2) MM 'then turned to his loan list'. We have to assume that with deadline day quickly passing the new loanee was top or near the top of MM's loan list. I find that really odd. Did we really have no one else more proven or less of a risk than him? No disrespect to him but it looks like a panic signing.

3) Chambers has been offered a deal by Forest. We need to either let him know we're taking the extra year or that he can sign the contract with them asap. It can't do him any good to leave it dragging on.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Three observations/things that are bothering me on 14:49 - Feb 1 with 468 viewsLankHenners

1) With hindsight, we should have made Newcastle pay more if we were going to b*gger about wasting time not being prepared to fork out the extra few hundred thousand it would've cost to get our supposed first choice targets. The whole Murphy deal was poor planning however you look at it. If he did want to go, we should have sold him earlier in the window to give us more time to find a replacement, or, to cover the ironic excuse given, allow other teams to find replacements to then sell us someone etc. Look at Barnsley - lost good players but moved quickly and decisively to bring in necessary replacements.

2) The loans are uninspiring but do point, in my opinion, to Mick leaving in the summer - we're just getting bodies in now to do a job until the end of the season then someone else will take over. If they like the look of the loans then they might try and get them in permanently, if not, so be it.

3) Really not sure what the club are doing with Chambers. Really does enforce the view that Mick's good patch is the only thing that's stopped Evans' tenure from looking poor. Back to the Jewell days of having unsettled, unsure players running their contracts down.

Mick looks and sounds more and more like a defeated man. I think he knows he's used up his magic in the last few seasons and can't do any more with what he's got. He can't escape the blame though - he has a hand in incoming transfers and he hasn't sufficiently shown signs of adapting to life without Murphy.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024