Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is M.E. trying to see ITFC relegated? 15:13 - Feb 1 with 1715 viewsJohnny_Boy

If we do go down, it's surely on his head.

Would there be any financial benefits with us dropping into L1?
Would we be able to lower the price on the club to sell?
Is he forcing all the better 'higher earners' to leave in the summer to reduce the wages?

It's all very odd.

Is M.E. trying to see ITFC relegated? on 15:14 - Feb 1 with 1688 viewsBenters

£20 on the gate ? im in

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Is M.E. trying to see ITFC relegated? on 15:15 - Feb 1 with 1676 viewsblueislander

Tax planning innit?
Is M.E. trying to see ITFC relegated? on 15:15 - Feb 1 with 1679 viewsMJallday

i genuinely cant think why he'd want to see us relegated.

that said i genuinely cant understand for the life of me what the f**k he is doing

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Is M.E. trying to see ITFC relegated? on 15:20 - Feb 1 with 1650 viewsJohnny_Boy

Is M.E. trying to see ITFC relegated? on 15:15 - Feb 1 by MJallday

that said i genuinely cant understand for the life of me what the f**k he is doing

I'm in the same boat. Can't for the life of me assume he WANTS to see us drop down a division, but if he's happy to keep MM on till the summer (regardless of form - or what the majority of fans want) & he only wishes to invest £200K in the (possibly) most crucial transfer window in ITFC's last 10yrs.....it gives the impression he doesn't care for our plight anymore.

I mean, do we even have any assets for him to strip??????

I can't think of too many.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2017 15:35]
Is M.E. trying to see ITFC relegated? on 15:23 - Feb 1 with 1610 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Is M.E. trying to see ITFC relegated? on 15:20 - Feb 1 by Johnny_Boy

I'm in the same boat. Can't for the life of me assume he WANTS to see us drop down a division, but if he's happy to keep MM on till the summer (regardless of form - or what the majority of fans want) & he only wishes to invest £200K in the (possibly) most crucial transfer window in ITFC's last 10yrs.....it gives the impression he doesn't care for our plight anymore.

Mick is our biggest asset..
Is M.E. trying to see ITFC relegated? on 15:23 - Feb 1 with 1610 viewsFrimleyBlue

It would be a risk but...

The majorty of season ticket holders would renew regardless of league. Im sure

Therfore should we go down and we are succesful in league 1. We could end up having better attendences than now with fans enjoying the results regardless of league. Bigger away followings from fans who dont usually visit PR. Lower player wages. Lower manager wages.

But more importantly the euros soon for him to sell boxes too.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Is M.E. trying to see ITFC relegated? on 15:26 - Feb 1 with 1576 viewsoldbluestu

Maybe he should contact Burley the last Manager who relegated us for advice?
Is M.E. trying to see ITFC relegated? on 15:28 - Feb 1 with 1559 viewsJohnny_Boy

Is M.E. trying to see ITFC relegated? on 15:26 - Feb 1 by oldbluestu

Maybe MM should contact Burley for promotion advice, some tactical pointers & discuss the importance of free flowing attacking positive football.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2017 15:30]
Login to get fewer ads

Is M.E. trying to see ITFC relegated? on 15:29 - Feb 1 with 1550 viewsTheBlueBarca

Is M.E. trying to see ITFC relegated? on 15:20 - Feb 1 by Johnny_Boy

I dont think its anything sinister, he's just a poor planner and a weak leader. The whole thing has just been us going from one disaster to the next under his ownership.

Let's look at the highlights....

1. He sacks Jim over the phone, brings in Roy Keane (doesn't pay Jim his compo, gets sued)
2. Roy Keane has a poor first season in charge, nearly takes us down the second
3. Paul Jewell comes in, keeps us up, has a poor second season in charge and puts us in the relegation zone in the third
4. Mick comes in, keeps us up, does alright for two seasons and then follows up with two bad seasons and now in relegation fight

That's without looking at his leadership taking us from a controlled £30mil debt to an £80 mil debt in 9 years, achieving very little in the process.

Plus the appointments of Simon Clegg and Ian Milne are two of the biggest mistakes and wastes of money the club has ever seen, even Roy Keane said that Clegg was one of the most useless people he has worked with in football.

Now we are in managerial limbo, 10 points clear of the drop but with all the other teams with games in hand. I can't see us winning any of our games either.

It looks like Game Over Evans. If I were him I would just cut my losses and sell.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Is M.E. trying to see ITFC relegated? on 15:32 - Feb 1 with 1516 viewsJohnny_Boy

Is M.E. trying to see ITFC relegated? on 15:23 - Feb 1 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Which MM are you talking about?

When he arrived or now?
Is M.E. trying to see ITFC relegated? on 15:37 - Feb 1 with 1477 viewsTheBlueBarca

Is M.E. trying to see ITFC relegated? on 15:32 - Feb 1 by Johnny_Boy

Which MM are you talking about?

When he arrived or now?

I think that million quid bonus was a lot to do with him doing so well... the fact he hasn't had the honour to resign and is waiting for payoff or until we're relegated instead shows how little the man really thinks of the club.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Is M.E. trying to see ITFC relegated? on 15:48 - Feb 1 with 1438 viewsNo9

Is M.E. trying to see ITFC relegated? on 15:15 - Feb 1 by MJallday

I agree with your first sentence.

As for the second it seems there are a lot of ; If's, but's & maybe's

I can think of a lot of scenarios but they are of course, pure speculation
Is M.E. trying to see ITFC relegated? on 15:49 - Feb 1 with 1435 viewscasanovacrow

I don't think even he is that thick to think relegation is a good idea. If we get relegated we ain't coming back in a hurry.

The only things I can think of is
1.He's convinced we cant go down, isn't really happy with what Mick is doing despite words to say otherwise, Just wants to stay up this season then start again with a new guy in the summer once Mick volunteers to leave.
If it is that he's playing with fire, on current form I don't see 3 worse teams despite what people say.
2. If it isn't that, which is more likely imho, he's just attempting to do the bare minimum in investment in playing staff to stay in the league and claw back the occasional 10million on a rare find and attempt to make profits that way from now on through austerity measures - which also wont work due to the fans leaving, with their money, in their droves as they are getting soo cheesed off with dull football, no ambition and half truths/lies.

It has been well documented that significant amounts of multi-millionaires get where they are through a disconnect with other people, they don't understand empathy and have questionable ethics and morals.
The questionable morals thing wouldn't surprise me after the Rio rumors and employing an ex- Chief Executive of the British Olympic Association as chief exec in a field he knew diddly squat about. (Not suggesting anything criminal) Just doesn't make Evans look too good so leads me to believe suggestion 2 is more likely.
Is M.E. trying to see ITFC relegated? on 15:56 - Feb 1 with 1403 viewsArcher4721

Maybe he's saving his cash until the summer?

I really can't see what good it would do to splash out money at this stage of season on overpriced players which isn't going to turn our season around now and especially as we have so much uncertainty around the place.

Better we try to muddle through to end of season and then re evaluate.
Is M.E. trying to see ITFC relegated? on 16:30 - Feb 1 with 1300 viewsJohnny_Boy

Is M.E. trying to see ITFC relegated? on 15:37 - Feb 1 by TheBlueBarca

I think that million quid bonus was a lot to do with him doing so well... the fact he hasn't had the honour to resign and is waiting for payoff or until we're relegated instead shows how little the man really thinks of the club.

A long while ago, tongue firmly planted in cheek, I suggested Mick should be publicly offered another £1m to get us promoted!
Is M.E. trying to see ITFC relegated? on 16:46 - Feb 1 with 1251 viewsBlueBadger

If he'd wanted to do that, he'd could have achieved it far easier by retaining the services of Paul Jewel for the entirely of the 12/13 season.

I suspect he simply doesn't know what he's doing.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2017 16:50]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is M.E. trying to see ITFC relegated? on 16:47 - Feb 1 with 1237 viewshype313

Is M.E. trying to see ITFC relegated? on 15:14 - Feb 1 by Benters

£20 on the gate ? im in

With all this work you have Benters, especially in the perceived quiet part of the year, a £35 ticket should be peanuts to you now!

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Is M.E. trying to see ITFC relegated? on 18:09 - Feb 1 with 1119 viewsTIB

Worth it for the Parachute Payments

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Is M.E. trying to see ITFC relegated? on 18:15 - Feb 1 with 1081 viewsmonty_radio

Is M.E. trying to see ITFC relegated? on 15:23 - Feb 1 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Yet you say in another post that he's taught Skuse to remain in second gear?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Is M.E. trying to see ITFC relegated? on 18:58 - Feb 1 with 1016 viewstextbackup

Is M.E. trying to see ITFC relegated? on 15:26 - Feb 1 by oldbluestu

Do you sit upper south stand?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024