Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Emyr Huws piece in Welsh press 15:45 - Feb 1 with 3577 viewsPhilTWTD

Gives context to his move, took a paycut to come here, apparently.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-misfit-em
Emyr Huws piece in Welsh press on 15:49 - Feb 1 with 2988 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

God we are so tight its not even funny any more!

Even if Huws does well we have no chance in signing him right now, Mick wont be given the funds and a new manager might not fancy him so all we doing is improving other peoples players or getting their value up for them.

Huws & Samuel are both completely pointless signings in my opinion.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Emyr Huws piece in Welsh press on 15:51 - Feb 1 with 2939 viewsTollycobbold

I think we all owe him a huge apology.
Emyr Huws piece in Welsh press on 15:53 - Feb 1 with 2902 viewsTractorCam

Emyr Huws piece in Welsh press on 15:51 - Feb 1 by Tollycobbold

Wouldn't say we all do

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Emyr Huws piece in Welsh press on 15:59 - Feb 1 with 2823 viewsSWGF

How does he take a paycut? Surely his contract is with Cardiff and we pay a proportion of that?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Emyr Huws piece in Welsh press on 16:01 - Feb 1 with 2775 viewsTollycobbold

Emyr Huws piece in Welsh press on 15:53 - Feb 1 by TractorCam

Wouldn't say we all do

Just you?
Emyr Huws piece in Welsh press on 16:02 - Feb 1 with 2746 viewsRadlett_blue

Presumably we are paying some of Huws's wages & maybe a loan fee. Why, therefore, would he receive any less in wages than what Cardiff are legally obliged to pay him?
I presume there's a reason why he's hardly been on the pitch for Cardiff this season. The comparison with Lawrence is odd as by all accounts he had successful loan spells at Cardiff & Blackburn last season. Lawrence would have naturally found it hard to break straight into a Premier League side at his career stage.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Emyr Huws piece in Welsh press on 16:04 - Feb 1 with 2717 viewsPhilTWTD

Emyr Huws piece in Welsh press on 15:59 - Feb 1 by SWGF

How does he take a paycut? Surely his contract is with Cardiff and we pay a proportion of that?

I presume we've agreed to pay a proportion and he's waived the rest (or some of the rest) while he's here. Lee Martin took a paycut when he went to Charlton when he was here, think it was something along those lines.
Emyr Huws piece in Welsh press on 16:04 - Feb 1 with 2712 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Emyr Huws piece in Welsh press on 15:51 - Feb 1 by Tollycobbold

Why? Because he took a pay cut to actually get some game time? This signing is lose lose for us. Either he's pony and Dozzell has been overlooked in favour of him (and others).

Or we develop a Cardiff player who might cause us issues next season.

Same applies to Samuel

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Login to get fewer ads

Emyr Huws piece in Welsh press on 16:06 - Feb 1 with 2674 viewsTollycobbold

Emyr Huws piece in Welsh press on 16:04 - Feb 1 by Cheltenham_Blue

Why? Because he took a pay cut to actually get some game time? This signing is lose lose for us. Either he's pony and Dozzell has been overlooked in favour of him (and others).

Same applies to Samuel

Because he's joined an absolute omnishambles of a clusterfeck
Emyr Huws piece in Welsh press on 16:07 - Feb 1 with 2648 viewsRadlett_blue

Emyr Huws piece in Welsh press on 16:04 - Feb 1 by Cheltenham_Blue

Same applies to Samuel

Exactly. We already have 28 first team players on our books, including loanees. Adding 2 more, in addition to the other 3 already signed, looks pretty bonkers when it seems very unlikely that they will markedly improve our starting XI. Most of them aren't remotely match fit, for one thing.

Emyr Huws piece in Welsh press on 16:10 - Feb 1 with 2604 viewscasanovacrow

Fair play to him

It's a shame fans being angry at the managerial decision in developing someone elses reserves is spun by various sources into player bashing.
Emyr Huws piece in Welsh press on 16:11 - Feb 1 with 2588 viewsArcher4721

Emyr Huws piece in Welsh press on 15:59 - Feb 1 by SWGF

Not if he wants leave the club and go on loan. If it were the other way round then yes they would have to pick up his wages.
Emyr Huws piece in Welsh press on 16:12 - Feb 1 with 2552 viewsRadlett_blue

Emyr Huws piece in Welsh press on 16:11 - Feb 1 by Archer4721

Not if he wants leave the club and go on loan. If it were the other way round then yes they would have to pick up his wages.

I've nothing against Huws & like Diagouraga, it seems he's coming to Town because he wants to play football, probably to put himself in the shop window. But I am questioning the wisdom of most of these signings.

Emyr Huws piece in Welsh press on 16:16 - Feb 1 with 2495 viewsNo9

The only concern I have is that Neil Warnock is normally an astute judge of a player's capability
Emyr Huws piece in Welsh press on 16:17 - Feb 1 with 2475 viewsArcher4721

Emyr Huws piece in Welsh press on 16:12 - Feb 1 by Radlett_blue

I've nothing against Huws & like Diagouraga, it seems he's coming to Town because he wants to play football, probably to put himself in the shop window. But I am questioning the wisdom of most of these signings.

Maybe they've both been told they can leave and a deal has already been done if they impress? Suits us and them fine doesn't it?
Emyr Huws piece in Welsh press on 16:18 - Feb 1 with 2466 viewsRammo

It's refreshing to see a player who is more about playing football than the money, but I would like to think if he does perform then we have added an option to make the loan permanent in the deal or it will be another wasted chance to develop our own young players while helping division rivals. Please say there is that option Phil??!!

Even when you feel down always remember its just a game.

Emyr Huws piece in Welsh press on 16:18 - Feb 1 with 2456 viewsSwansea_Blue

This guy was seen as a massive talent in this part of the world. Not quite sure what's happened in the last couple of years, but there's a player in there somewhere.

Here's an obligatory YouTube video to show what he can do, in case it hasn't been posted already.

Who knows, we may be able to sign him on a permanent if Cardiff don't want him (don't laugh).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Emyr Huws piece in Welsh press on 16:19 - Feb 1 with 2427 viewsArcher4721

Emyr Huws piece in Welsh press on 16:16 - Feb 1 by No9

The only concern I have is that Neil Warnock is normally an astute judge of a player's capability

And he's a good friend of MM.

Wouldn't be the first time a manager and player don't hit it off.
Emyr Huws piece in Welsh press on 16:21 - Feb 1 with 2391 viewsTollycobbold

Emyr Huws piece in Welsh press on 16:18 - Feb 1 by Swansea_Blue

This guy was seen as a massive talent in this part of the world. Not quite sure what's happened in the last couple of years, but there's a player in there somewhere.

Here's an obligatory YouTube video to show what he can do, in case it hasn't been posted already.

Who knows, we may be able to sign him on a permanent if Cardiff don't want him (don't laugh).

If him and Lawrence just do that all the time we don't need strikers.
Emyr Huws piece in Welsh press on 16:24 - Feb 1 with 2367 viewsDoobDude

Another player taken on loan "to prove himself" just like the Reading lad.

We are acting like a League 1 club by taking on Championship players on loan who aren't good enough for their 1st team. Feel sorry for both of the latest 2 loanees, they have no idea what they are getting themselves in for.

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Huh? I... I don't know that ... Auuuuuuuugh.
Poll: Whi is getting sold to fund the Webster Signing

Emyr Huws piece in Welsh press on 16:25 - Feb 1 with 2334 viewsRadlett_blue

Emyr Huws piece in Welsh press on 16:21 - Feb 1 by Tollycobbold

If him and Lawrence just do that all the time we don't need strikers.

I saw an amazing youTube video some years ago that convinced me that unfortunately we must have signed Sam Parkin's talentless twin brother.

Emyr Huws piece in Welsh press on 16:31 - Feb 1 with 2267 viewsTractorCam

Emyr Huws piece in Welsh press on 16:01 - Feb 1 by Tollycobbold

Just you?

I was pleased with the signing

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Emyr Huws piece in Welsh press on 16:31 - Feb 1 with 2272 viewsPhilTWTD

Emyr Huws piece in Welsh press on 16:18 - Feb 1 by Rammo

It's refreshing to see a player who is more about playing football than the money, but I would like to think if he does perform then we have added an option to make the loan permanent in the deal or it will be another wasted chance to develop our own young players while helping division rivals. Please say there is that option Phil??!!

I doubt there's one as part of the deal but obviously it would be something which might be looked at if he does well. Jim Magilton only ever came here as a temporary thing as he wasn't playing at Sheffield Wednesday, I seem to remember.

Obviously there's the likelihood of managerial changes here and there in the summer, so probably not worth planning that far ahead yet.
Emyr Huws piece in Welsh press on 16:31 - Feb 1 with 2260 viewscasanovacrow

Emyr Huws piece in Welsh press on 16:18 - Feb 1 by Swansea_Blue

I tend to dismiss all videos these days after being led to believe JET was awesome because of one
Emyr Huws piece in Welsh press on 16:35 - Feb 1 with 2199 viewsRadlett_blue

Emyr Huws piece in Welsh press on 16:31 - Feb 1 by PhilTWTD

I doubt there's one as part of the deal but obviously it would be something which might be looked at if he does well. Jim Magilton only ever came here as a temporary thing as he wasn't playing at Sheffield Wednesday, I seem to remember.

Obviously there's the likelihood of managerial changes here and there in the summer, so probably not worth planning that far ahead yet.

Yeah, but if any of these loanees do really well, everyone else will see, including the parent club & we will probably get outbid. I don't dislike loans as such - we'd probably be in the drop zone but for Tom Lawrence - but stuffing the squad full of loanees of dubious looking quality smacks of desperation.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024