Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone watching the Article 50 debate? 16:04 - Feb 1 with 3868 viewsJ2BLUE

Daniel Zeichner is voting against triggering Article 50 and just made a better case for remain in three minutes than the entire remain campaign.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone watching the Article 50 debate? on 16:05 - Feb 1 with 2135 viewsNewcyBlue

No, care to sum it up for me?

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Anyone watching the Article 50 debate? on 16:09 - Feb 1 with 2126 viewsRadlett_blue

that wouldn't have been hard, as the Remain campaign seemed to consist almost entirely of scaremongering about the risks of Brexit, rather than stressing the advantage of remaining, of which there are many.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Anyone watching the Article 50 debate? on 16:11 - Feb 1 with 2084 viewsfactual_blue

Anyone watching the Article 50 debate? on 16:09 - Feb 1 by Radlett_blue

that wouldn't have been hard, as the Remain campaign seemed to consist almost entirely of scaremongering about the risks of Brexit, rather than stressing the advantage of remaining, of which there are many.

Next you'll be telling me dave was a complete to$$er, and the worst prime minister since records began.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone watching the Article 50 debate? on 16:12 - Feb 1 with 2096 viewsJohnWarksTash

Woooh.... slow down....do we really want to jeopardise the £350 million a day that will soon be flooding into our NHS! I can't wait!!!!
Anyone watching the Article 50 debate? on 16:21 - Feb 1 with 2070 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone watching the Article 50 debate? on 16:05 - Feb 1 by NewcyBlue

No, care to sum it up for me?

Mentioned his grandad went to war and his dad fled the Nazis and was welcomed to Britain. Praises the EU for keeping peace. Mentioned NATO but said it was about negotiation and compromise politically in the EU which has helped keep the peace.

Says continent is much more united. World is uncertain etc. UK wants to pull out of European nuclear agency. Threat to environment, worker's right, privacy rights etc. US building a wall when which isn't compatiable with modern world. EU not perfect but we should work to make it better.

Nothing really new here but just much more honest, passionate and a much softer tone to it. For example the political negotiation and compromise keeping peace compared to leave and there's a threat of nuclear war etc. Really proves the remain campaign fought on the wrong grounds. If there was a second referendum they should bring out the more unknown characters who aren't tainted.

Don't get me wrong i'm still pro Brexit. Just able to give credit where its due.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone watching the Article 50 debate? on 16:23 - Feb 1 with 2044 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's here if anyone's interested.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/6c20216a-6561-414d-8ad9-2d3a0036cab1?in=15:

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone watching the Article 50 debate? on 16:24 - Feb 1 with 2020 viewsNewcyBlue

Anyone watching the Article 50 debate? on 16:21 - Feb 1 by J2BLUE

Mentioned his grandad went to war and his dad fled the Nazis and was welcomed to Britain. Praises the EU for keeping peace. Mentioned NATO but said it was about negotiation and compromise politically in the EU which has helped keep the peace.

Says continent is much more united. World is uncertain etc. UK wants to pull out of European nuclear agency. Threat to environment, worker's right, privacy rights etc. US building a wall when which isn't compatiable with modern world. EU not perfect but we should work to make it better.

Nothing really new here but just much more honest, passionate and a much softer tone to it. For example the political negotiation and compromise keeping peace compared to leave and there's a threat of nuclear war etc. Really proves the remain campaign fought on the wrong grounds. If there was a second referendum they should bring out the more unknown characters who aren't tainted.

Don't get me wrong i'm still pro Brexit. Just able to give credit where its due.

Outstanding. Cheers for that.

Yes you are one of the more balanced posters.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Anyone watching the Article 50 debate? on 16:44 - Feb 1 with 1947 viewsBlueBadger

Anyone watching the Article 50 debate? on 16:11 - Feb 1 by factual_blue

Next you'll be telling me dave was a complete to$$er, and the worst prime minister since records began.

In all fairness, Aunt May is having a good go at exceeding him.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone watching the Article 50 debate? on 16:49 - Feb 1 with 1924 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anyone watching the Article 50 debate? on 16:21 - Feb 1 by J2BLUE

I have watched most of it although I didn't see this particular chap. I thought Ken Clarke gave a very powerful speech yesterday.

However, the reasons Mr Zeichner has put across are very flimsy.

Firstly, his grandfather fled to the UK long before we were members of the EU. We were a welcoming country before we joined the EU. We will be a welcoming country after we have left.

NATO has done more to keep the peace in Europe than the EU. Negotiation and compromise comes with the fact that we are more civilised and have more democratically elected governments than in the days of European wars.

Unity comes with dialogue. Dialogue comes with trade. We swill still trade with the EU countries.

I see he then moves on to the obligatory Donald Trump shoehorn which has no relevance to the UK leaving the EU.

As for the threat to environment, worker's right, privacy rights etc. Do no EU countries not have any of those things? Do they only come with EU membership?

Of course all of the above will depend on the government. They don't deliver? You vote them out. But let me quote Labour London Mayor, Sadiq Khan:

“I know that the government, for example David Davies, has met with Frances O’Grady from the TUC, and a number of people who care about workers rights. Again, to give credit to the government, I don’t think they want to weaken workers rights. And I’m hoping that what we have now is a floor not a ceiling. What none of us want to see is a dilution of workers rights or a race to the bottom. That’s why there’s been some anxiety with comments about us being, inverted commas, an offshore tax haven, because the implication is that would lead to a dilution of workers rights. I’ve seen no evidence from the conversations I’ve had with senior members of the government that that’s their aspiration or their intention or something they want to do. Which is good.”

Edit: A quick check will tell you that the European Nuclear Agency changed it's name to the Nuclear Energy Agency when Japan, last time I looked was not a member of the EU, joined. It is now controlled by the OECD and includes such well known EU members such as :

Australia
Canada
Iceland
Japan
Mexico
Russia
South Korea
Turkey
United States
[Post edited 1 Feb 2017 17:17]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Anyone watching the Article 50 debate? on 16:51 - Feb 1 with 1921 viewsMJallday

if MP's block brexit, i can honestly see there being riots.

that said, if they dont block brexit, i can also see there being riots.

oh s**t, im off to london next week.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Anyone watching the Article 50 debate? on 16:54 - Feb 1 with 1897 viewsNo9

Anyone watching the Article 50 debate? on 16:11 - Feb 1 by factual_blue

By some margin
Anyone watching the Article 50 debate? on 17:04 - Feb 1 with 1864 viewscaught-in-limbo

Anyone watching the Article 50 debate? on 16:51 - Feb 1 by MJallday

Then the solution is to have a large fanfare celebrating official Brexit, but without meaningful changes to the status quo. That way democracy triumphs and the people will celebrate by exercising their right to riot.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Anyone watching the Article 50 debate? on 17:04 - Feb 1 with 1864 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone watching the Article 50 debate? on 16:51 - Feb 1 by MJallday

i reckon you're first sentence is correct, but not your second - remainers are too civilised to riot.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Anyone watching the Article 50 debate? on 17:06 - Feb 1 with 1853 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone watching the Article 50 debate? on 16:49 - Feb 1 by GlasgowBlue

I have watched most of it although I didn't see this particular chap. I thought Ken Clarke gave a very powerful speech yesterday.

However, the reasons Mr Zeichner has put across are very flimsy.

Firstly, his grandfather fled to the UK long before we were members of the EU. We were a welcoming country before we joined the EU. We will be a welcoming country after we have left.

NATO has done more to keep the peace in Europe than the EU. Negotiation and compromise comes with the fact that we are more civilised and have more democratically elected governments than in the days of European wars.

Unity comes with dialogue. Dialogue comes with trade. We swill still trade with the EU countries.

I see he then moves on to the obligatory Donald Trump shoehorn which has no relevance to the UK leaving the EU.

As for the threat to environment, worker's right, privacy rights etc. Do no EU countries not have any of those things? Do they only come with EU membership?

Of course all of the above will depend on the government. They don't deliver? You vote them out. But let me quote Labour London Mayor, Sadiq Khan:

“I know that the government, for example David Davies, has met with Frances O’Grady from the TUC, and a number of people who care about workers rights. Again, to give credit to the government, I don’t think they want to weaken workers rights. And I’m hoping that what we have now is a floor not a ceiling. What none of us want to see is a dilution of workers rights or a race to the bottom. That’s why there’s been some anxiety with comments about us being, inverted commas, an offshore tax haven, because the implication is that would lead to a dilution of workers rights. I’ve seen no evidence from the conversations I’ve had with senior members of the government that that’s their aspiration or their intention or something they want to do. Which is good.”

Edit: A quick check will tell you that the European Nuclear Agency changed it's name to the Nuclear Energy Agency when Japan, last time I looked was not a member of the EU, joined. It is now controlled by the OECD and includes such well known EU members such as :

Australia
Canada
Iceland
Japan
Mexico
Russia
South Korea
Turkey
United States
[Post edited 1 Feb 2017 17:17]

"I see he then moves on to the obligatory Donald Trump shoehorn which has no relevance to the UK leaving the EU. "

It has every relevance to brexit, otherwise what was May doing there the other day, racing to be the first to kiss arse? bye bye NHS.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Anyone watching the Article 50 debate? on 17:09 - Feb 1 with 1832 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anyone watching the Article 50 debate? on 17:06 - Feb 1 by giant_stow

"I see he then moves on to the obligatory Donald Trump shoehorn which has no relevance to the UK leaving the EU. "

It has every relevance to brexit, otherwise what was May doing there the other day, racing to be the first to kiss arse? bye bye NHS.

Trump's wall building has nothing to do with Brexit.

You have, sadly, lost all sense of reason when debating Brexit. I'm sorry the vote didn't go the way you wanted.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2017 17:11]

Iron Lion Zion

Anyone watching the Article 50 debate? on 17:11 - Feb 1 with 1822 viewsNo9

Anyone watching the Article 50 debate? on 17:04 - Feb 1 by caught-in-limbo

Then the solution is to have a large fanfare celebrating official Brexit, but without meaningful changes to the status quo. That way democracy triumphs and the people will celebrate by exercising their right to riot.

The status quo cannot be maintained
Anyone watching the Article 50 debate? on 17:12 - Feb 1 with 1813 viewsNo9

It is disappointing to see so few members in the house & so many paying no attention + other pushing their own agenda's & FCUK the people

The Dictator rules & she will bow to the will of big business
Anyone watching the Article 50 debate? on 17:17 - Feb 1 with 1793 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone watching the Article 50 debate? on 17:09 - Feb 1 by GlasgowBlue

You have, sadly, lost all sense of reason when debating Brexit. I'm sorry the vote didn't go the way you wanted.

We're desperately trying to bed trump because we're leaving the single market - if we weren't leaving, we'd be more circumspect.

Living in London I'll be fine personally - this isn't about me.

Anyone watching the Article 50 debate? on 17:17 - Feb 1 with 1789 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone watching the Article 50 debate? on 17:09 - Feb 1 by GlasgowBlue

Not directly, but it's a symptom of the same protectionist, exclusive feeling that's rising here in Europe and in the US. Edit - as is Brexit. They are linked in a social sense (which is why Trump wanted Farage over there advising him on how to exploit people's fears).
[Post edited 1 Feb 2017 17:23]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone watching the Article 50 debate? on 17:25 - Feb 1 with 1748 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anyone watching the Article 50 debate? on 17:17 - Feb 1 by giant_stow

We're desperately trying to bed trump because we're leaving the single market - if we weren't leaving, we'd be more circumspect.

Living in London I'll be fine personally - this isn't about me.

Please explain how Trump building a wall is relevant, in the context the MP used?

If he thinks that we are doing the same thing then he has grossly misread the mood of the government and the leaders of the remain campaign.

Iron Lion Zion

Anyone watching the Article 50 debate? on 17:28 - Feb 1 with 1737 viewsNo9

Anyone watching the Article 50 debate? on 17:06 - Feb 1 by giant_stow

You are not allowed to comment on the Dictator kissing Trump's @rse as the tories never like to tell the truth about the 'special' relationship with America.
Let me remind, when we were having a special relationship with Reagan he used Bentwaters to bomb Lybia without telling the British he then went on to invade British territory without telling the British.
I can also tell you from personnal experience that, in the 80's British people workign for American companies were treated as TCN's.

Trump will do the same or worse, the realkity now is that we need the EU to protect us from America
Anyone watching the Article 50 debate? on 17:30 - Feb 1 with 1734 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone watching the Article 50 debate? on 17:25 - Feb 1 by GlasgowBlue

Please explain how Trump building a wall is relevant, in the context the MP used?

If he thinks that we are doing the same thing then he has grossly misread the mood of the government and the leaders of the remain campaign.

The wall and other policies show what sort of man trump is - the man May is cosying up to for a trade deal regardless of those policies. Do you think we'd be doing that if we didn't absolutely have to? And why do we have to?

Anyone watching the Article 50 debate? on 17:33 - Feb 1 with 1714 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone watching the Article 50 debate? on 17:28 - Feb 1 by No9

You are not allowed to comment on the Dictator kissing Trump's @rse as the tories never like to tell the truth about the 'special' relationship with America.
Let me remind, when we were having a special relationship with Reagan he used Bentwaters to bomb Lybia without telling the British he then went on to invade British territory without telling the British.
I can also tell you from personnal experience that, in the 80's British people workign for American companies were treated as TCN's.

Trump will do the same or worse, the realkity now is that we need the EU to protect us from America

You appear to be right - I've apparently 'lost all sense of reason' for disagreeing with our great leader's actions and am indeed a spreader of 'fake news' too!
[Post edited 1 Feb 2017 17:34]

Anyone watching the Article 50 debate? on 17:33 - Feb 1 with 1706 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anyone watching the Article 50 debate? on 17:30 - Feb 1 by giant_stow

The wall and other policies show what sort of man trump is - the man May is cosying up to for a trade deal regardless of those policies. Do you think we'd be doing that if we didn't absolutely have to? And why do we have to?

Yes that's all very good but we voted to leave the EU some months before Donald's election.

It is irrelevant.

The EU does trade with China, Turkey and other countries with dubious human rights records.

It would be ridiculous for me, as a leaver, to say that my decision to leave the EU because they do.

I note you haven't addressed any other points in my post.

Iron Lion Zion

Anyone watching the Article 50 debate? on 17:36 - Feb 1 with 1690 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone watching the Article 50 debate? on 17:33 - Feb 1 by GlasgowBlue

Yes that's all very good but we voted to leave the EU some months before Donald's election.

It is irrelevant.

The EU does trade with China, Turkey and other countries with dubious human rights records.

It would be ridiculous for me, as a leaver, to say that my decision to leave the EU because they do.

I note you haven't addressed any other points in my post.

Hey answered your question - answer mine please - no dodging!

Was you other point about us building a wall too? Nope don't think we will - we have the channel.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024