Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marcus Evans, this is WHY the transfer market is 'inflated' 20:49 - Feb 1 with 1489 viewsMark

I read that ten years ago Villa finished 6th in the Premier League and got £22M prize money. Now the prize is £97M for finishing BOTTOM...followed by parachute money of £87M over the next three years in the Championship. That vast income is why clubs are pushing the boat out on transfers fees, as crazy as it may seem. It really does make Ipswich's reported £1M bids for proven Championship strikers seem laughable, especially after we took £3M for Murphy in the summer. We're bidding 2007 prices in 2017.
Marcus Evans, this is WHY the transfer market is 'inflated' on 20:53 - Feb 1 with 1446 viewsbournemouthblue

I do agree on that, the people running the club don't seem to accept or appreciate a quality replacement for Murphy would cost them around £6 - 7 million

We may end up with around £4 million for Murphy which isn't a bad deal for a 33 year old. If we aren't willing to show any ambition to replace him with a quality replacement, we only have ourselves to blame

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Marcus Evans, this is WHY the transfer market is 'inflated' on 20:55 - Feb 1 with 1412 viewsJ2BLUE

Marcus Evans, this is WHY the transfer market is 'inflated' on 20:53 - Feb 1 by bournemouthblue

I do agree on that, the people running the club don't seem to accept or appreciate a quality replacement for Murphy would cost them around £6 - 7 million

We may end up with around £4 million for Murphy which isn't a bad deal for a 33 year old. If we aren't willing to show any ambition to replace him with a quality replacement, we only have ourselves to blame

The £1m promotion bonus doesn't exist according to Phil.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Marcus Evans, this is WHY the transfer market is 'inflated' on 21:02 - Feb 1 with 1363 viewshype313

We're competing at league one levels when it comes to transfers, which is where we will probably end up if the recruitment carries on in this manner.

The Championship will be too expensive for us.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Marcus Evans, this is WHY the transfer market is 'inflated' on 21:07 - Feb 1 with 1316 viewsHARRY10

Marcus Evans, this is WHY the transfer market is 'inflated' on 21:02 - Feb 1 by hype313

We're competing at league one levels when it comes to transfers, which is where we will probably end up if the recruitment carries on in this manner.

Unfortunately so, if the recent incoming transfer fees have been what has been used to bail us out.

Is it not likely that ME will merely suggest we cut our cloth accordingly ?
Marcus Evans, this is WHY the transfer market is 'inflated' on 21:09 - Feb 1 with 1299 viewsBarneycurley

Marcus Evans, this is WHY the transfer market is 'inflated' on 21:02 - Feb 1 by hype313

*is

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Marcus Evans, this is WHY the transfer market is 'inflated' on 21:10 - Feb 1 with 1294 viewshype313

Marcus Evans, this is WHY the transfer market is 'inflated' on 21:07 - Feb 1 by HARRY10

Unfortunately so, if the recent incoming transfer fees have been what has been used to bail us out.

Is it not likely that ME will merely suggest we cut our cloth accordingly ?

We have one saleable asset left in Bart, I bet he will be sold come June.

Marcus Evans, this is WHY the transfer market is 'inflated' on 21:12 - Feb 1 with 1273 viewsbrazil1982

what do you expect, £10m bids? £15m? What happens if those turn out to be duds?
Marcus Evans, this is WHY the transfer market is 'inflated' on 21:22 - Feb 1 with 1202 viewsbournemouthblue

Marcus Evans, this is WHY the transfer market is 'inflated' on 20:55 - Feb 1 by J2BLUE

The £1m promotion bonus doesn't exist according to Phil.

where has that urban myth come from then?

Login to get fewer ads

Marcus Evans, this is WHY the transfer market is 'inflated' on 21:23 - Feb 1 with 1193 viewshype313

Marcus Evans, this is WHY the transfer market is 'inflated' on 21:12 - Feb 1 by brazil1982

Or you spend 10m on proven championship strikers such as Rhodes

Marcus Evans, this is WHY the transfer market is 'inflated' on 21:24 - Feb 1 with 1185 viewsbournemouthblue

Marcus Evans, this is WHY the transfer market is 'inflated' on 21:10 - Feb 1 by hype313

Webster is the other major asset although the injury will put any suitors off

Bishop would have yielded good money but we have no idea whether he will reach his potential now. He could still be a decent servant to Town.

Marcus Evans, this is WHY the transfer market is 'inflated' on 21:28 - Feb 1 with 1147 viewsstantheman

Marcus Evans, this is WHY the transfer market is 'inflated' on 21:23 - Feb 1 by hype313

Or you spend 10m on proven championship strikers such as Rhodes

Yeah and if he gets no service he scores Oh I dont know, nought? Its not as if our forwards are missing loads of chances.
Marcus Evans, this is WHY the transfer market is 'inflated' on 21:28 - Feb 1 with 1146 viewshype313

Marcus Evans, this is WHY the transfer market is 'inflated' on 21:24 - Feb 1 by bournemouthblue

Webster is the other major asset although the injury will put any suitors off

Bishop would have yielded good money but we have no idea whether he will reach his potential now. He could still be a decent servant to Town.

Webster is clearly a player, but I'd be surprised if he went for big money after a bitty season here.

Marcus Evans, this is WHY the transfer market is 'inflated' on 22:21 - Feb 1 with 1018 viewsMark

Marcus Evans, this is WHY the transfer market is 'inflated' on 21:10 - Feb 1 by hype313

Bart, Webster and Dozzell are our saleable assets, plus Bishop if he gets fit and gets back to form (which I worry may not happen).
Marcus Evans, this is WHY the transfer market is 'inflated' on 22:25 - Feb 1 with 996 viewsMark

Marcus Evans, this is WHY the transfer market is 'inflated' on 21:12 - Feb 1 by brazil1982

I would like us to spend £500K, £1M, £2M or £3M each on the right young players from the lower leagues and overseas. I thought with Webster and Ward we were making a start going so, and it is in Marcus Evan's 5 point plan to "make annual investment funds available to purchase players in the early stages of their career and to assist in their development", but come January...virtually nothing!
Marcus Evans, this is WHY the transfer market is 'inflated' on 22:29 - Feb 1 with 965 viewsTheBlueBarca

Marcus Evans, this is WHY the transfer market is 'inflated' on 20:53 - Feb 1 by bournemouthblue

The Good thing about Murphy is when he's back here on loan in League One he can still deal some damage up top!

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024