Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is the plan at the moment 21:18 - Feb 1 with 1187 viewsbournemouthblue

because it all feels a bit Paul Jewellesque at the end

Short term signings to paper over the cracks, failure to land major players and it sounds like MM is essentially a caretaker here until the end of the season

We have seen it all before under Evans whether it was Magilton, Keane, Jewell or McCarthy.

We seem to be making the same mistakes again and again. Who are the decision makers behind the scenes who don't seem to learn from their mistakes?

The real mystery seems to be why on earth did we not strengthen the team when we were in the playoff hunt?

If Evans doesn't trust McCarthy with real cash, why is he still here?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

What is the plan at the moment on 21:27 - Feb 1 with 1160 viewshype313

We are a club that has league one attendances, a club that has league one spending and as admirable as the 5 point plan is, money talks and we are heading in one direction.

It's a mess and from top to bottom the place is toxic and disjointed. I can't remember a time I've felt this low about our club, the Duncan years were turgid, but there were climpses of light, I can't see any at the moment.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

What is the plan at the moment on 21:29 - Feb 1 with 1147 viewsHipsterectomy

ME 5 point plan included a competitive budget for the division, funding of the academy with home-grown youth given the chance, beautiful football, buying excellent players with potential

I'm sure he's regretting that now

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

What is the plan at the moment on 21:35 - Feb 1 with 1129 viewsbournemouthblue

What is the plan at the moment on 21:27 - Feb 1 by hype313

We are a club that has league one attendances, a club that has league one spending and as admirable as the 5 point plan is, money talks and we are heading in one direction.

It's a mess and from top to bottom the place is toxic and disjointed. I can't remember a time I've felt this low about our club, the Duncan years were turgid, but there were climpses of light, I can't see any at the moment.

You could feel that in the crowd last night, there was a crushing innevitability about the whole thing

Topped off by a player who's sale marked the end of us being a big club at this level

We have downsized really and are more akin to Barnsley or Preston nowadays

It's all rather depressing and it seems a long way back

We seem to have moved our policy to youth development now and Mick McCarthy is not the man to bring these players though imho.

What is the plan at the moment on 21:40 - Feb 1 with 1110 viewsSWGF

What is the plan at the moment on 21:29 - Feb 1 by Hipsterectomy

ME 5 point plan included a competitive budget for the division, funding of the academy with home-grown youth given the chance, beautiful football, buying excellent players with potential

I'm sure he's regretting that now

Looking at the last 4-5 weeks, not only is he regretting it, he's completely forgotten about it.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

What is the plan at the moment on 21:42 - Feb 1 with 1096 viewshype313

What is the plan at the moment on 21:40 - Feb 1 by SWGF

Looking at the last 4-5 weeks, not only is he regretting it, he's completely forgotten about it.

It did sound like a plan written on the back of a fag packet.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

What is the plan at the moment on 22:13 - Feb 1 with 1038 viewsstrikalite

"The real mystery seems to be why on earth did we not strengthen the team when we were in the playoff hunt?"

Because our owner knows nothing about football and thought he would gamble of doing this as cheaply as possible....we know the rest unfortunately...

That was our chance, some were saying why fix it if it isn't broken, but hey this is a hard physical sport and I've no doubt Mick would have been pushing for a couple of good signings to push us on.......but we fell away...
What is the plan at the moment on 22:19 - Feb 1 with 1015 viewsTheBlueBarca

What is the plan at the moment on 21:27 - Feb 1 by hype313

I am not sure we have League One attendances, we still finished 8th last season overall in the Championship.

8 Ipswich Town Ipswich Town 436.756 23 18.989

Whereas the top end of League One...

1 Sheffield United Sheffield United 455.478 23 19.803
2 Bradford City Bradford City 416.067 23 18.090
3 Coventry City Coventry City 289.119 23 12.570
4 Barnsley FC Barnsley FC 218.468 23 9.499
5 Wigan Athletic Wigan Athletic 217.743 23 9.467
6 Millwall FC Millwall FC 209.473 23 9.108

and the bottom of the Championship...

18 Bolton Wanderers Bolton Wanderers 346.299 23 15.056
19 Blackburn Rovers Blackburn Rovers 325.003 23 14.131
20 Milton Keynes Dons Milton Keynes Dons 302.633 23 13.158
21 Preston North End Preston North End 299.801 23 13.035
22 Huddersfield Town Huddersfield Town 290.505 23 12.631
23 Brentford FC Brentford FC 237.120 23 10.310
24 Rotherham United Rotherham United 230.578 23 10.025

So amazingly, we still do quite well in that respect!

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

What is the plan at the moment on 04:56 - Feb 2 with 902 viewsJohnny_Boy

The current DM on loan from Leeds could be compared to the on loan Richie Wellens under PJ?
Interesting.
Login to get fewer ads

What is the plan at the moment on 09:01 - Feb 2 with 827 viewsNo9

The theory is this, there isn't a plan that involves MM.

There may in fact be no plan but we shall not know until the end of this season.
What is the plan at the moment on 09:18 - Feb 2 with 796 viewshadleighboyblue

What is the plan at the moment on 21:35 - Feb 1 by bournemouthblue

You could feel that in the crowd last night, there was a crushing innevitability about the whole thing

Topped off by a player who's sale marked the end of us being a big club at this level

We seem to have moved our policy to youth development now and Mick McCarthy is not the man to bring these players though imho.

Looking at the league table , we are not even at the level of Barnsley and Preston or Huddersfield , that's how much we have dropped .

We look more like bottom 6 than even getting a sniff of top 6 .

The club really is falling behind others and the recent transfer activity and lack of a decent signing confirmed the mess that's being made of our club .
What is the plan at the moment on 09:23 - Feb 2 with 780 viewsnoggin

What is the plan at the moment on 21:35 - Feb 1 by bournemouthblue

Develope the youth until they are saleable assets.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

What is the plan at the moment on 16:05 - Feb 2 with 689 viewsbournemouthblue

What is the plan at the moment on 09:23 - Feb 2 by noggin

Develope the youth until they are saleable assets.

Which is fine but you need to play a certain style of football to achieve that

The lack of a quality striker coming in, smacks of poor planning and a total lack of ambition. Whilst I accept £2 - 3 million is a lot on our budget, it doesn't go very far now

If Hugill's your man, pay the going rate

We got a good deal for a 33 year old but if you want a player in their early to mid-20's, you're going to have to pay what they are worth. They are an investment but well worth it if you build your team around them for the next couple of years

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024