Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Conor Sammon 22:36 - Feb 1 with 859 viewsmonty_radio

We missed out on him yesterday. Went on loan to Kilmarnock from Hearts where his record was identical to his spell at Town: 19 apps 1 goal.

So, on that sort of form a player could play 380 games finally becoming that famed 20 goal man as in "20 goal-a-career" striker. Still Wiki and the Star will continue to hail you as a striker. We seem in our declining decades to have had a fair few of those. Perhaps we could think of a more apt name (polite please!) such as front runner or forward thinker.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Conor Sammon on 22:50 - Feb 1 with 817 viewsHarryfromBath

If ever there was a striker for whom the word 'ricochet' was used, it was our Conor. Managers loved him, including Giovanni Trapattoni because he was a wrecking ball in opposition defences.

After his goal at Wigan, I came up with a theory that he had two phases to his play. Initially in any attacking move, he would have an 'arse-phase' where he would do something akin to falling on his arse, such as hitting the ball against a steward or a stanchion. Once this 'arse-phase' was out of the way, he then went into his 'lethal-phase' whereby he would become a terrifyingly dangerous striker for a very - very - brief period.

In the build up to his Wigan goal, he flicked the ball over to McGoldrick (I think) before briefly falling on his backside. When he got up the ball fell into his path. Even though it then ricocheted against his testicles, it nevertheless went into the goal because he was briefly more potent than Ronaldo himself. It's as good as anything I can think of, unless anyone can come up with a better explanation...

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

Conor Sammon on 22:58 - Feb 1 with 780 viewsmonty_radio

Conor Sammon on 22:50 - Feb 1 by HarryfromBath

If ever there was a striker for whom the word 'ricochet' was used, it was our Conor. Managers loved him, including Giovanni Trapattoni because he was a wrecking ball in opposition defences.

After his goal at Wigan, I came up with a theory that he had two phases to his play. Initially in any attacking move, he would have an 'arse-phase' where he would do something akin to falling on his arse, such as hitting the ball against a steward or a stanchion. Once this 'arse-phase' was out of the way, he then went into his 'lethal-phase' whereby he would become a terrifyingly dangerous striker for a very - very - brief period.

In the build up to his Wigan goal, he flicked the ball over to McGoldrick (I think) before briefly falling on his backside. When he got up the ball fell into his path. Even though it then ricocheted against his testicles, it nevertheless went into the goal because he was briefly more potent than Ronaldo himself. It's as good as anything I can think of, unless anyone can come up with a better explanation...

Clearly a force of nature of some sort then. Perhaps, by reference to the real police force and their alternative pavement plodding pretenders we might call such attackers P.C.S.A.s.

Or, if you actually live in Bath, Artisanal Attackers.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2017 9:57]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Conor Sammon on 08:45 - Feb 2 with 631 viewsDeano69

Conor Sammon on 22:58 - Feb 1 by monty_radio

Clearly a force of nature of some sort then. Perhaps, by reference to the real police force and their alternative pavement plodding pretenders we might call such attackers P.C.S.A.s.

Or, if you actually live in Bath, Artisanal Attackers.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2017 9:57]

Appearance Bonus, that's the only reason I can think that he came on as a sub.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024