Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McCarthy not enjoying 'unpleasant' Portman Road 15:14 - Feb 2 with 10235 viewsitfcjoe

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-suffolk-38295582?ns_mchannel=social&ns

2.24pm

Sad really to see a good man and manager going through this here

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

McCarthy not enjoying 'unpleasant' Portman Road on 15:16 - Feb 2 with 5043 viewsSomethingBlue

Yep. I think (hope) it's more a society thing rather than our club particularly. But he doesn't deserve it. There are people who have lost perspective and should have a look at themselves, what they want from and do with their lives, first.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

McCarthy not enjoying 'unpleasant' Portman Road on 15:17 - Feb 2 with 5029 viewsSwailsey

McCarthy not enjoying 'unpleasant' Portman Road on 15:16 - Feb 2 by SomethingBlue

Yep. I think (hope) it's more a society thing rather than our club particularly. But he doesn't deserve it. There are people who have lost perspective and should have a look at themselves, what they want from and do with their lives, first.

Agreed.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

McCarthy not enjoying 'unpleasant' Portman Road on 15:18 - Feb 2 with 5013 viewsClausThomsen

It is sad to see, just like it was sad to see with Keane and Jewell.

But we wouldn't see it if our owner knew when to pull the trigger.
McCarthy not enjoying 'unpleasant' Portman Road on 15:18 - Feb 2 with 5002 viewsElderGrizzly

It is sad to see and i'm sure he knows that it is probably too far gone to turn around too.

Too proud to quit you'd assume too, because it's not like he needs it.
McCarthy not enjoying 'unpleasant' Portman Road on 15:18 - Feb 2 with 4992 viewschicoazul

That's him saying he's off then.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

McCarthy not enjoying 'unpleasant' Portman Road on 15:19 - Feb 2 with 4996 viewsLankHenners

He increasingly looks and sounds like a defeated man. I hope when time passes people will remember what he did for us in a positive light, and he's hardly led us into disaster status like some would have you believe.

Unfortunately there'll be the very vocal group of idiots who will cry things from "good riddance" to "good, fck off dino cnt" etc.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

McCarthy not enjoying 'unpleasant' Portman Road on 15:21 - Feb 2 with 4958 viewsitfcjoe

McCarthy not enjoying 'unpleasant' Portman Road on 15:16 - Feb 2 by SomethingBlue

I can't believe how big a c**t so many of our fans (and clearly fans of other clubs) are.

So much stuff is so unnecessary - everything becomes a personal battle to them.

McCarthy not enjoying 'unpleasant' Portman Road on 15:21 - Feb 2 with 4941 viewsitfcjoe

McCarthy not enjoying 'unpleasant' Portman Road on 15:18 - Feb 2 by ElderGrizzly

It is sad to see and i'm sure he knows that it is probably too far gone to turn around too.

Too proud to quit you'd assume too, because it's not like he needs it.

He's too dignified for his own good in my opinion

EDIT - and agree with first bit. But probably feels a duty to do his job until the club in a stronger position. If only some of our fans were as decent.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2017 15:22]

Login to get fewer ads

McCarthy not enjoying 'unpleasant' Portman Road on 15:22 - Feb 2 with 4927 viewsSmithy

agree to a point, but he got away lightly on Tuesday night when another club would have given him far more abuse than hes got, the fact is most of us can't really be bothered its just that bad and boring. Its not as if we haven't been patient, the last 2 years have been turgid and its really only over the last few months its got a little bit toxic, and I mean a little bit as I can't really recall it being thousands shouting and hurling abuse.

As a man I like him a lot, and he speaks well. But his tactical ineptitude, disregard for the fans and negative football is too much to bear.

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

McCarthy not enjoying 'unpleasant' Portman Road on 15:24 - Feb 2 with 4898 viewsartsbossbeard

Yep, all a bit sad, really.

There's no coming back from here for him you'd have thought, so a new manager next term then.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

McCarthy not enjoying 'unpleasant' Portman Road on 15:26 - Feb 2 with 4862 viewshype313

Nor are we.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

McCarthy not enjoying 'unpleasant' Portman Road on 15:26 - Feb 2 with 4841 viewsElderGrizzly

McCarthy not enjoying 'unpleasant' Portman Road on 15:21 - Feb 2 by itfcjoe

EDIT - and agree with first bit. But probably feels a duty to do his job until the club in a stronger position. If only some of our fans were as decent.

Back to the position, where i think he'll walk when we are safe (whenever that is!)

Anyone who abuses him, or any employee of a football club, probably has wider issues in their lives and the abuse is reflective of that.
McCarthy not enjoying 'unpleasant' Portman Road on 15:27 - Feb 2 with 4821 viewsitfcjoe

McCarthy not enjoying 'unpleasant' Portman Road on 15:24 - Feb 2 by artsbossbeard

Yep, all a bit sad, really.

There's no coming back from here for him you'd have thought, so a new manager next term then.

It's needed, but I don't hold out much hope for them if Mick has struggled so badly under this regime.

McCarthy not enjoying 'unpleasant' Portman Road on 15:28 - Feb 2 with 4801 viewsmonty_radio

McCarthy not enjoying 'unpleasant' Portman Road on 15:19 - Feb 2 by LankHenners

He increasingly looks and sounds like a defeated man. I hope when time passes people will remember what he did for us in a positive light, and he's hardly led us into disaster status like some would have you believe.

Unfortunately there'll be the very vocal group of idiots who will cry things from "good riddance" to "good, fck off dino cnt" etc.

Enoch Powell once observed that all political careers end in failure. Even Alex Ferguson, who won the title, left when his squad was past it, as the future showed.

Mick is palpably downcast, but if things were going his way he'd be giving out it large. That's how he is. There is no doubt that people will be grateful that he saved us once, but Mick, in crestfallen mode, is not likely to energise the team. His selections such as a back 3 with Berra in it; or starting with a 17yr-old then taking him off at half-time say to me that he's fishing around and no longer exercising his old command.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

McCarthy not enjoying 'unpleasant' Portman Road on 15:31 - Feb 2 with 4737 viewsElderGrizzly

McCarthy not enjoying 'unpleasant' Portman Road on 15:27 - Feb 2 by itfcjoe

It's needed, but I don't hold out much hope for them if Mick has struggled so badly under this regime.

Sometimes, it does need a different voice and different ideas to lift the same group?

Mick's job now is almost like the job he came into, when we were on a poor run after Jewell's cock-ups. The worry is, he was that new voice then which had players fighting for their lives.

Now, he's the same voice for the last 4 years, as is the Captain. Is that a positive or negative?

Not saying we should replace him now at all, but you wonder if he is thinking along those lines
[Post edited 2 Feb 2017 15:32]
McCarthy not enjoying 'unpleasant' Portman Road on 15:33 - Feb 2 with 4680 viewsGuthrum

McCarthy not enjoying 'unpleasant' Portman Road on 15:21 - Feb 2 by itfcjoe

Go on a little bit of a run (like Norwich has, three wins and a draw out of 5) and we could finish upper mid table. That's not beyond the bounds of possibility (at least after this month is over). 9th or 10th would be a not unreasonable send-off, continue his record of top ten finishes in every full season at Town.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

McCarthy not enjoying 'unpleasant' Portman Road on 15:34 - Feb 2 with 4675 viewsNo9

McCarthy not enjoying 'unpleasant' Portman Road on 15:28 - Feb 2 by monty_radio

Enoch Powell once observed that all political careers end in failure. Even Alex Ferguson, who won the title, left when his squad was past it, as the future showed.

Mick is palpably downcast, but if things were going his way he'd be giving out it large. That's how he is. There is no doubt that people will be grateful that he saved us once, but Mick, in crestfallen mode, is not likely to energise the team. His selections such as a back 3 with Berra in it; or starting with a 17yr-old then taking him off at half-time say to me that he's fishing around and no longer exercising his old command.

I would feel for him a bit more if he hadn't made some rather unpleasant remarks bout Town fans so in a way he is reaping the whirlwind he sowed.
My gut feeling always was this wasn't going to end happily.
The silence of the Owner isn't helping.
McCarthy not enjoying 'unpleasant' Portman Road on 15:34 - Feb 2 with 4645 viewsLankHenners

McCarthy not enjoying 'unpleasant' Portman Road on 15:34 - Feb 2 by No9

I would feel for him a bit more if he hadn't made some rather unpleasant remarks bout Town fans so in a way he is reaping the whirlwind he sowed.
My gut feeling always was this wasn't going to end happily.
The silence of the Owner isn't helping.

What are these "rather unpleasant remarks", specifically?

McCarthy not enjoying 'unpleasant' Portman Road on 15:35 - Feb 2 with 4644 viewsitfcjoe

McCarthy not enjoying 'unpleasant' Portman Road on 15:28 - Feb 2 by monty_radio

He's scratching around throwing lots of sh*t against the wall hoping something sticks.

FUndamentally the squad isn't good enough, but he can't get anything to work currently and it's unlikely any manager could turn it round from here when so many seem to have turned.

Hopefully the fans can see how much Evans is holding us back though

McCarthy not enjoying 'unpleasant' Portman Road on 15:35 - Feb 2 with 4602 viewsNo9

McCarthy not enjoying 'unpleasant' Portman Road on 15:34 - Feb 2 by LankHenners

Some of the comment made post match on RS.
Don't you listen to him?
McCarthy not enjoying 'unpleasant' Portman Road on 15:36 - Feb 2 with 4579 viewsLankHenners

McCarthy not enjoying 'unpleasant' Portman Road on 15:35 - Feb 2 by No9

Don't you listen to him?

Again, specifically, which ones bothered you?

McCarthy not enjoying 'unpleasant' Portman Road on 15:37 - Feb 2 with 4558 viewsitfcjoe

McCarthy not enjoying 'unpleasant' Portman Road on 15:31 - Feb 2 by ElderGrizzly

Sometimes, it does need a different voice and different ideas to lift the same group?

Mick's job now is almost like the job he came into, when we were on a poor run after Jewell's cock-ups. The worry is, he was that new voice then which had players fighting for their lives.

Now, he's the same voice for the last 4 years, as is the Captain. Is that a positive or negative?

Not saying we should replace him now at all, but you wonder if he is thinking along those lines
[Post edited 2 Feb 2017 15:32]

I think the problem is now, having seen Mick struggle here, and how fans have turned after all his good work, we aren't going to attract a manager of his quality and experience as a new voice like we were able to last time.

And I don't expect Evans to go for a young up and comer still.

McCarthy not enjoying 'unpleasant' Portman Road on 15:37 - Feb 2 with 4523 viewsPJH

McCarthy not enjoying 'unpleasant' Portman Road on 15:34 - Feb 2 by LankHenners

and if there were any were there any that were untrue?
McCarthy not enjoying 'unpleasant' Portman Road on 15:40 - Feb 2 with 4459 viewsblueislander

McCarthy not enjoying 'unpleasant' Portman Road on 15:35 - Feb 2 by No9

Don't you listen to him?

From all we have heard from McCarthy during his tenure at Portman Road, this seems a rather thin skinned reaction. He has been a football manager for long enough to know that the reaction of Ipswich fans is not unusual. Obviously outright abuse is wrong, but he must expect criticism given the current situation.
McCarthy not enjoying 'unpleasant' Portman Road on 15:40 - Feb 2 with 4459 viewsNo9

McCarthy not enjoying 'unpleasant' Portman Road on 15:36 - Feb 2 by LankHenners

Again, specifically, which ones bothered you?

I am surprised if you are a Town fan you have no interest in what the manager says?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024