Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My opinion on ME/MM has flipped 180 in the last 6 weeks or so and my stance 17:23 - Feb 2 with 6091 viewsJ2BLUE

towards MM softens by the day.

I recently argued that MM was the problem as he told ME not to bid higher amounts on deadline day in January, he sets up defensively and he gets s to play the way we do. Others like Rommers said ME was the problem for not backing him; a criticism I called 'lazy'. I have come to realise I was absolutely wrong on this. MM isn't blameless at all but ME has starved him of funds despite being the only manager to have any success during ME's reign. Reading MM's quotes on the home page made me really sympathise with him. It's very clear that he wasn't backed and is just trying to turn water into wine. It worked for a while but this window really highlighted the job MM has on his hands. Rhodes to Sheff Wed somehow passed me by. MM's job is impossible and all those (including me) who were hoping for a change in the summer might end up regretting it. There is no way ME backs a new manager with significant funds when a proven manager gets £110k to go shopping in the Conference.

Depressing.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

My opinion on ME/MM has flipped 180 in the last 6 weeks or so and my stance on 17:28 - Feb 2 with 2996 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Fair play to you J2

I for a while thought mick was completely blameless. He isn't. But the real problem isn't him - it's Evans. Even MER has realised that Evans is a problem.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

My opinion on ME/MM has flipped 180 in the last 6 weeks or so and my stance on 17:28 - Feb 2 with 2992 viewsGlasgowBlue

Mick's on a hiding to nothing

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/397858/so-if-chambers-goes/#0

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

My opinion on ME/MM has flipped 180 in the last 6 weeks or so and my stance on 17:31 - Feb 2 with 2975 viewsReuser_is_God

Bang on J2.

MM is by no means blameless but unless ME changes/sells nothing will change.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

My opinion on ME/MM has flipped 180 in the last 6 weeks or so and my stance on 17:33 - Feb 2 with 2966 viewsClausThomsen

ME seems to be the overarching problem, but I don't recall MM ever asking for funds until this window.

And I totally understand why the owner wouldn't provide it considering this season's performance.
My opinion on ME/MM has flipped 180 in the last 6 weeks or so and my stance on 17:39 - Feb 2 with 2921 viewsLuk38644

Think that's the general consensus at the moment.

I don't think Mick is free of criticism (the personal abuse is not on though, simply pathetic), but as the weeks go on and the transfer windows pass, it just feels like Mick has been royally shafted by Evans and the reason we're failing this season is due to lack of investment more than mismanagement. I'm passed the point of wanting Mick out because it's Evans that's the main problem.

A few months ago, if we went 2-0 down in 10minutes at PR, people were singing 'MM, your football is sh*t', but on Tuesday, there was none of that, it was instead 'Marcus Evans, you're killing our club'. I think people have come to the conclusion that while Mick has his downfalls and parting ways this summer is probably the best case scnario, it's Evans and lack of investment which is the core of our problems.

But then, if Mick leaves, nothing will change with a new manager if we have no budget. So depressing.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2017 17:55]
My opinion on ME/MM has flipped 180 in the last 6 weeks or so and my stance on 17:43 - Feb 2 with 2893 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

My opinion on ME/MM has flipped 180 in the last 6 weeks or so and my stance on 17:39 - Feb 2 by Luk38644

I don't think Mick is free of criticism (the personal abuse is not on though, simply pathetic), but as the weeks go on and the transfer windows pass, it just feels like Mick has been royally shafted by Evans and the reason we're failing this season is due to lack of investment more than mismanagement. I'm passed the point of wanting Mick out because it's Evans that's the main problem.

A few months ago, if we went 2-0 down in 10minutes at PR, people were singing 'MM, your football is sh*t', but on Tuesday, there was none of that, it was instead 'Marcus Evans, you're killing our club'. I think people have come to the conclusion that while Mick has his downfalls and parting ways this summer is probably the best case scnario, it's Evans and lack of investment which is the core of our problems.

But then, if Mick leaves, nothing will change with a new manager if we have no budget. So depressing.

Sadly Luke, that's my feelings too. It's gutting.

Was meaning to message you... did you get a scum ticket in the end?

My opinion on ME/MM has flipped 180 in the last 6 weeks or so and my stance on 17:44 - Feb 2 with 2898 viewsFtnfwest

My opinion on ME/MM has flipped 180 in the last 6 weeks or so and my stance on 17:33 - Feb 2 by ClausThomsen

ME seems to be the overarching problem, but I don't recall MM ever asking for funds until this window.

And I totally understand why the owner wouldn't provide it considering this season's performance.

As I recall it there was no one anywhere else better than what we already had in January 2015
My opinion on ME/MM has flipped 180 in the last 6 weeks or so and my stance on 17:44 - Feb 2 with 2894 viewstextbackup

Feel similar towards MM, but some of his decisions have been criminal and he hasn't helped himself

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

My opinion on ME/MM has flipped 180 in the last 6 weeks or so and my stance on 17:46 - Feb 2 with 2871 viewsClausThomsen

My opinion on ME/MM has flipped 180 in the last 6 weeks or so and my stance on 17:44 - Feb 2 by Ftnfwest

As I recall it there was no one anywhere else better than what we already had in January 2015

Exactly.
My opinion on ME/MM has flipped 180 in the last 6 weeks or so and my stance on 17:49 - Feb 2 with 2845 viewsLuk38644

My opinion on ME/MM has flipped 180 in the last 6 weeks or so and my stance on 17:43 - Feb 2 by The_Romford_Blue

Sadly Luke, that's my feelings too. It's gutting.

Was meaning to message you... did you get a scum ticket in the end?

Yes I did mate, managed to get them yesterday morning for myself and a friend, although I did hesitate after the performance the night before!
My opinion on ME/MM has flipped 180 in the last 6 weeks or so and my stance on 17:56 - Feb 2 with 2805 viewsRammo

My opinion on ME/MM has flipped 180 in the last 6 weeks or so and my stance on 17:39 - Feb 2 by Luk38644

Pretty much sums it up there Luke unfortunately, the more time passes the more you start to realise that Mick is working with his hands tied and while it doesn't take all the blame away it makes it an awful lot harder to succeed!

Even when you feel down always remember its just a game.

My opinion on ME/MM has flipped 180 in the last 6 weeks or so and my stance on 18:01 - Feb 2 with 2779 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

My opinion on ME/MM has flipped 180 in the last 6 weeks or so and my stance on 17:49 - Feb 2 by Luk38644

Yes I did mate, managed to get them yesterday morning for myself and a friend, although I did hesitate after the performance the night before!

Hesitated momentarily but I knew you wouldn't purposely not go

Just in case we beat them

My opinion on ME/MM has flipped 180 in the last 6 weeks or so and my stance on 18:13 - Feb 2 with 2739 viewsitfcjoe

I'd say it's 80% ME and 20% Mick.

Mick had a bad year, but actually has a track record of success and been the only manager to make MEs ownership look anything but a shambles.

I don't think Mick will turn things round, but I have no faith in Evans doing it.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

My opinion on ME/MM has flipped 180 in the last 6 weeks or so and my stance on 18:13 - Feb 2 with 2727 viewsLuk38644

My opinion on ME/MM has flipped 180 in the last 6 weeks or so and my stance on 18:01 - Feb 2 by The_Romford_Blue

Hesitated momentarily but I knew you wouldn't purposely not go

Just in case we beat them

I felt like such a mug forking out £40 after what I;d seen the night before but hey, like you say, will be worth it when we win!
My opinion on ME/MM has flipped 180 in the last 6 weeks or so and my stance on 18:14 - Feb 2 with 2733 viewsSWGF

During the week, it's ME's fault. For 90mins on match days when I watch our team lump it long, shank it out of play and create next to nothing in an attacking sense, it's MM's.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

My opinion on ME/MM has flipped 180 in the last 6 weeks or so and my stance on 18:24 - Feb 2 with 2674 viewsBlueBadger

My opinion on ME/MM has flipped 180 in the last 6 weeks or so and my stance on 17:44 - Feb 2 by Ftnfwest

I'm not quite sure what you'd expect him to say there really 'well, it's a bit frayed, threadbare and if Did gets injured there's absolutely no creative output as they're all honest grafters rather than quality players but it'll have to do 'cos there's no money from up top'?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

My opinion on ME/MM has flipped 180 in the last 6 weeks or so and my stance on 18:28 - Feb 2 with 2642 viewsReuser_is_God

My opinion on ME/MM has flipped 180 in the last 6 weeks or so and my stance on 18:13 - Feb 2 by itfcjoe

I'd say it's 80% ME and 20% Mick.

Mick had a bad year, but actually has a track record of success and been the only manager to make MEs ownership look anything but a shambles.

I don't think Mick will turn things round, but I have no faith in Evans doing it.

Yeah I'd say that ratio is pretty much spot on.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

My opinion on ME/MM has flipped 180 in the last 6 weeks or so and my stance on 18:32 - Feb 2 with 2636 viewsGarv

McCarthy has us playing awful football and always has.

His comment about Chambo playing full back are almost infuriating.

However, the club just seems wrong from the top.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

My opinion on ME/MM has flipped 180 in the last 6 weeks or so and my stance on 18:37 - Feb 2 with 2612 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Evans has clearly lost interest and he is putting in what, 6-8 million a year just to keep the club afloat? I can't see what his goals are at the club. If he doesn't care then why doesn't he look to sell and forget about it all? Perhaps he has and no one wants to buy?

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

My opinion on ME/MM has flipped 180 in the last 6 weeks or so and my stance on 18:42 - Feb 2 with 2580 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

My opinion on ME/MM has flipped 180 in the last 6 weeks or so and my stance on 18:37 - Feb 2 by ThisIsMyUsername

Evans has clearly lost interest and he is putting in what, 6-8 million a year just to keep the club afloat? I can't see what his goals are at the club. If he doesn't care then why doesn't he look to sell and forget about it all? Perhaps he has and no one wants to buy?

The thing is though, he doesn't have to put that in if we keep selling players like mings

That tides us over for a season without extra cash going in

My opinion on ME/MM has flipped 180 in the last 6 weeks or so and my stance on 18:43 - Feb 2 with 2576 viewsElderGrizzly

My opinion on ME/MM has flipped 180 in the last 6 weeks or so and my stance on 17:28 - Feb 2 by The_Romford_Blue

Fair play to you J2

I for a while thought mick was completely blameless. He isn't. But the real problem isn't him - it's Evans. Even MER has realised that Evans is a problem.

I've always known his approach will cause problems in competing for promotion with the cash coming into the division getting more obscene. And i've been saying that for 18 months.

I've just tried to put the other side of running the club and tried to explain why some decisions may have been taken.

The post where I talked about his indecision has always been my biggest gripe. He dithers on decisions and because of that we end up where we are now (again), with a manager struggling to change things (again) and key players coming out of contract because he doesn't want to commit while the manager situation is up in the air.

He's not a bad owner, he's an average one (dipping towards below-average), but one that hasn't learnt from his mistakes. His strengths are now far outweighted by his weaknesses.

Sad times for the club all round both on and off the pitch.
My opinion on ME/MM has flipped 180 in the last 6 weeks or so and my stance on 18:46 - Feb 2 with 2557 viewsThisIsMyUsername

My opinion on ME/MM has flipped 180 in the last 6 weeks or so and my stance on 18:42 - Feb 2 by The_Romford_Blue

The thing is though, he doesn't have to put that in if we keep selling players like mings

The whole 'the money will be reinvested in the squad' thing has got to be up there with 'let's spend the £350m on the NHS'........

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

My opinion on ME/MM has flipped 180 in the last 6 weeks or so and my stance on 18:46 - Feb 2 with 2560 viewsElderGrizzly

My opinion on ME/MM has flipped 180 in the last 6 weeks or so and my stance on 18:42 - Feb 2 by The_Romford_Blue

The last two seasons (with money received in one) he has benefited from 2 big sales of Mings and Cresswell i agree, but that isn't sustainable or bankable as a tactic. We won't get one every year.

The figures across the other years are big loss after big loss though and he's certainly not up on the deal

[Post edited 2 Feb 2017 18:48]
My opinion on ME/MM has flipped 180 in the last 6 weeks or so and my stance on 18:52 - Feb 2 with 2499 viewslupadon81

This exactly.. fair play for not being narrow minded and seeing it for what it is
My opinion on ME/MM has flipped 180 in the last 6 weeks or so and my stance on 18:53 - Feb 2 with 2495 viewsstantheman

My opinion on ME/MM has flipped 180 in the last 6 weeks or so and my stance on 18:14 - Feb 2 by SWGF

During the week, it's ME's fault. For 90mins on match days when I watch our team lump it long, shank it out of play and create next to nothing in an attacking sense, it's MM's.

Not the player shanking it out then.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024