Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What else isn't quite what it seems...... 13:52 - Feb 3 with 733 viewshampstead_blue

Ok, so based on the McCann thread, I'd like to throw it open.

My first is a can of worms.....Help for Heros.

I'm a "disabled" veteran and have been on the receiving end of awful treatment from the bottom to the top of this charity.

Even one of the founders cheerily states "we really do not know what we are doing!".

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

I think the whole "Charity World"..... on 13:54 - Feb 3 with 704 viewsBloots

....is particularly "shady" personally.

Sorry to hear of your issues though mate.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

What else isn't quite what it seems...... on 13:54 - Feb 3 with 701 viewsvapour_trail

They attract an interesting demographic in their supporter base.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

What else isn't quite what it seems...... on 13:55 - Feb 3 with 698 viewsGlasgowBlue

I have a relative who is suffering from PTSD and has been diagnosed as Bipolar and Help for Heroes have been very good with him including offering relationship counselling as his poor Mrs is on the receiving end of his mood swings.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I think the whole "Charity World"..... on 14:03 - Feb 3 with 649 viewsGuthrum

I think the whole "Charity World"..... on 13:54 - Feb 3 by Bloots

....is particularly "shady" personally.

Sorry to hear of your issues though mate.

Having worked in it, I disagree.

There are some bad apples, but that's among tens of thousands of registered charities. Duplication of effort is a major issue. And there is a common popular misunderstanding of the realities behind the financial structures and cost of administering major international charities with possibly thousands of employees and volunteers across the globe, massive logistical chains and a need to deal with (sometimes dubious) governments at a high level.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What else isn't quite what it seems...... on 14:04 - Feb 3 with 635 viewsfactual_blue

I am similarly suspicious of them. But apparently all servicemen are 'heroes' in today's world.

I happily support the RBL (despite my growing concerns about 'poppy fascism') and SSAFA.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

What else isn't quite what it seems...... on 14:07 - Feb 3 with 625 viewshampstead_blue

What else isn't quite what it seems...... on 14:04 - Feb 3 by factual_blue

I am similarly suspicious of them. But apparently all servicemen are 'heroes' in today's world.

I happily support the RBL (despite my growing concerns about 'poppy fascism') and SSAFA.

we are not all "heros".....

a lot are utter chods who cannot get a job elsewhere and rely on their rank to cover up their lack of ability...

Of course, that is the minority.

I was encouraged to go to the papers with my story but in the end binned the idea. I don't want the grief of poking a "sacred cow".

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

What else isn't quite what it seems...... on 14:16 - Feb 3 with 583 viewsfactual_blue

What else isn't quite what it seems...... on 14:07 - Feb 3 by hampstead_blue

we are not all "heros".....

a lot are utter chods who cannot get a job elsewhere and rely on their rank to cover up their lack of ability...

Of course, that is the minority.

I was encouraged to go to the papers with my story but in the end binned the idea. I don't want the grief of poking a "sacred cow".

My cousin (retired WO after 22 years service does casework locally fir the RBL. He happily admits many of his caseload are trying it on, and I don't think he holds back when he realises they are.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024