Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A lovely breath of fresh air... but 19:22 - Feb 3 with 393 viewswkj

I have noticed a real swell of support for the boys ahead of our game against Reading tomorrow, and it is really nice to see, however make no mistake that people who opt not to turn up to the game aren't necessarily being childish and disloyal, but rather really disappointed.

I detest the notion that the FA cup is a distraction, I love the FA cup and everything it stands for (the same sentiment is not shared for the League Cup however) And the fact we lost to Lincoln wasn't so bad, but it was the manner in which we played and lost which kind of makes it easy to feel like the club took the piss a bit. Granted Lincoln have done really well to get past Brighton as well, however we had a warning shot at home, and failed to make that warning shot count in the second tie.

I do not feel "entitled" as I feel the club has performed above and beyond it's level of investment for a while. It is the torrent of disappointing communication from the club which has me disappointed and not wanting to go. The sense of togetherness and community should always begin from the top, and I just cant buy into what is coming from the top of the pyramid any more; let's face it, the most interaction we've had from ME is basically a few words in the program here and there, as well as a video of him teeing off.

I do not boo the players, the only player I have ever booed was Chopra as he openly disrespected the club and fans. I have booed the performance of the team many times, but have tried to reign in my dislike for MM as much as possible; despite some almighty blubs on the forums.

The point is I do not reject the notion of letting go of pride and showing support to the team to shake off the staleness that has crept in on the club, but I also cant blame people for not wanting to show support to the administration of the club either, sadly times are way beyond "Stop being childish and support the team" until the higher ups grow up and start treating the fans with more respect.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024