Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Berra in a 3 14:38 - Feb 4 with 831 viewscbower

Why can't Mick see it. It doesn't work. He gets pulled into places which expose him massively and this is only made worse by the fact that Jonas is neither my ar$e nor my elbow in that system as he neglects his defensive duties and isn't good enough going forward. By all means bring in Taylor but on current form, that should be for Berra anyway. Feel for Mick in general but choices like this baffle me.

bluescouser

Berra in a 3 on 14:54 - Feb 4 with 774 viewsSteve_M

Well, quite.

The other problem is the lack of a focal point. McGoldrick will drop deep and Lawrence will go wide looking for the ball and there will be no-one in the box.

I would rather we had gone for a solid 4-4-2 today, get back to the basic approach that has served us best when we've been struggling. Do the fancy stuff on top of that.

Hopefully it does work, but this really isn't a game to go behind in.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Berra in a 3 on 19:35 - Feb 4 with 650 viewsYallop

Berra in a 3 on 14:54 - Feb 4 by Steve_M

Well, quite.

The other problem is the lack of a focal point. McGoldrick will drop deep and Lawrence will go wide looking for the ball and there will be no-one in the box.

I would rather we had gone for a solid 4-4-2 today, get back to the basic approach that has served us best when we've been struggling. Do the fancy stuff on top of that.

Hopefully it does work, but this really isn't a game to go behind in.

Mcgoldrick and Lawrence. Pace, movement and both very clever footballers. Against 3 at the back it was the perfect combination.
Berra in a 3 on 19:38 - Feb 4 with 643 viewsSteve_M

Berra in a 3 on 19:35 - Feb 4 by Yallop

Mcgoldrick and Lawrence. Pace, movement and both very clever footballers. Against 3 at the back it was the perfect combination.

Good. Glad to hear that. I'm going to watch that pass for the second goal all night.

How was her back three with Taylor in there? Did Berra look a bit more comfortable?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Berra in a 3 on 19:42 - Feb 4 with 612 viewspointofblue

Berra in a 3 on 19:38 - Feb 4 by Steve_M

Good. Glad to hear that. I'm going to watch that pass for the second goal all night.

How was her back three with Taylor in there? Did Berra look a bit more comfortable?

Thought it was Berra's best game in a while. I don't think either goal could really be blamed on the defence - Chambers was caught out on a 50/50 which bounced luckily Reading's way and the second was a blistering strike from a clearance.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Berra in a 3 on 19:43 - Feb 4 with 610 viewsYallop

Berra in a 3 on 19:38 - Feb 4 by Steve_M

Taylor looked decent. I noticed first half he sat a few yards behind the other 2 and a lot deeper than Chambers is normally when he's been in the middle of the 3. Not sure if that was a confidence thing to keep everything in front of him or if it was pre planned. Second half as Taylor grew in confidence he squeezed up.

Berra I felt defended very very well but paniced in possession. Fairly normal for him of late!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024