Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else picked up on the hate shown by Dortmund towards RB Leipzig? 15:23 - Feb 7 with 2581 viewsWeWereZombies

Article on BBC's football page about Germany's most hated club, and it comes down to money (or envy?) as Red Bull bend the rules around club ownership to become a de facto sole owner (the Bundesliga is designed to prevent clubs having one rich owner but if you can find sixteen stooges you can still be the single rich owner, however only Red Bull have done this - allegedly).

Admirable ethics, and defence of ethics by the Germans, but does it justify Leipzig supporters being pelted with stones and bottles? Any TWTDers living in Germany care to comment on this blemish on the reputation we have received of cheap, cheerful fist class football with no problems getting a drink pitchside and decent food with somewhere decent to sit and eat it to boot?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Anyone else picked up on the hate shown by Dortmund towards RB Leipzig? on 18:34 - Feb 7 with 2390 viewsbournemouthblue

Red Bull are bound to get involved in England at some point

West Ham have been mooted but perhaps the obvious choice is MK Dons?

They can become MK Bulls or RB Dons etc etc. The franchise become franchised

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Anyone else picked up on the hate shown by Dortmund towards RB Leipzig? on 18:35 - Feb 7 with 2383 viewsDanTheMan

Anyone else picked up on the hate shown by Dortmund towards RB Leipzig? on 18:34 - Feb 7 by bournemouthblue

They'd need to do it on a team much further down and I imagine people would go ballistic is they tried to brand a team like they have done elsewhere.

At least I like to think they would.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Anyone else picked up on the hate shown by Dortmund towards RB Leipzig? on 18:43 - Feb 7 with 2357 viewsmonty_radio

Anyone else picked up on the hate shown by Dortmund towards RB Leipzig? on 18:34 - Feb 7 by bournemouthblue

I feel that when you consider the ownership profiles across the Prem, and on down into the Champ, that these scruples have been overtaken by events. Indian, American, Thai and Chinese billionaire owners are in essence no different to Red Bull even if they don't actually rebrand as Chickin, Lickin Blackburn - or whatever.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2017 18:44]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Anyone else picked up on the hate shown by Dortmund towards RB Leipzig? on 18:47 - Feb 7 with 2336 viewsNoCanariesAllowed

Anyone else picked up on the hate shown by Dortmund towards RB Leipzig? on 18:43 - Feb 7 by monty_radio

I feel that when you consider the ownership profiles across the Prem, and on down into the Champ, that these scruples have been overtaken by events. Indian, American, Thai and Chinese billionaire owners are in essence no different to Red Bull even if they don't actually rebrand as Chickin, Lickin Blackburn - or whatever.

An up vote for 'Chickin Lickin Blackburn'. Made me smile.

Wouldn't be too hard here, would it. Just take down the ITFC crests from outside the ground and you'd assume the team must be called Marcus Evans...
Anyone else picked up on the hate shown by Dortmund towards RB Leipzig? on 18:48 - Feb 7 with 2328 viewsPlums

Red Bull Racing are also MK based.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Anyone else picked up on the hate shown by Dortmund towards RB Leipzig? on 18:50 - Feb 7 with 2316 viewsbournemouthblue

Anyone else picked up on the hate shown by Dortmund towards RB Leipzig? on 18:43 - Feb 7 by monty_radio

Agreed and that's why MK Dons seem the obvious choice

They've already been rebranded once, they are based in the Town with F1. It all fits into place.

They have a decent arena which can be rebranded and it fits their general profile.

Milton Keynes already has the cows, a bull is a good fit.

Obviously it would be funnier if MK Dons fans protested against it :D
[Post edited 7 Feb 2017 18:51]

Anyone else picked up on the hate shown by Dortmund towards RB Leipzig? on 19:06 - Feb 7 with 2248 viewsHorst3000

I find it all rather hypocritical to be honest.

Take a look At this about Bayern:

"Hoeness was sufficiently astute to recognise this but also the opportunity that arose from the club's proximity to so many wealthy Bavarian companies. Alliances have been steadily formed over the past 35 years to the extent that Bayern Munich, by some distance, generates more commercial revenue than any football club in the world.

Audi, adidas, Coca-Cola, Lufthansa, Samsung, Siemens and Deutsche Telekom now form the basis of the club's financial might. To provide some perspective, commercial income accounts for 55 per cent of Bayern's total revenue."

Whereby I understand the difference between Bayern building up financial alliances with large companies and Red Bull just buying a club there are still some extremely wealthy companies willing to pump millions into Bayern.

This is the same with Dortmund, Leverkusen, Wolfsburg etc...
Anyone else picked up on the hate shown by Dortmund towards RB Leipzig? on 19:13 - Feb 7 with 2228 viewsFreddies_Ears

Anyone else picked up on the hate shown by Dortmund towards RB Leipzig? on 18:50 - Feb 7 by bournemouthblue

They've already been rebranded once, they are based in the Town with F1. It all fits into place.

They have a decent arena which can be rebranded and it fits their general profile.

Could be an interesting moral dilemna for the FSF!!
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else picked up on the hate shown by Dortmund towards RB Leipzig? on 19:16 - Feb 7 with 2211 viewsbournemouthblue

Anyone else picked up on the hate shown by Dortmund towards RB Leipzig? on 19:13 - Feb 7 by Freddies_Ears

Could be an interesting moral dilemna for the FSF!!

They would potentially resist it because it could set a precadent?

MK Dons are not a normal club though so they could be an exception to the rule

Anyone else picked up on the hate shown by Dortmund towards RB Leipzig? on 19:26 - Feb 7 with 2165 viewsmonty_radio

Most of us have already camped on the edge of this abyss when the media declared us "Roy Keane's Ipswich".

Anyone else picked up on the hate shown by Dortmund towards RB Leipzig? on 20:51 - Feb 7 with 2009 viewsbournemouthblue

Anyone else picked up on the hate shown by Dortmund towards RB Leipzig? on 19:26 - Feb 7 by monty_radio

Most of us have already camped on the edge of this abyss when the media declared us "Roy Keane's Ipswich".

The odd Mick McCarthy's Ipswich gers trotted out also

Anyone else picked up on the hate shown by Dortmund towards RB Leipzig? on 22:03 - Feb 7 with 1946 viewsWeWereZombies

Anyone else picked up on the hate shown by Dortmund towards RB Leipzig? on 19:06 - Feb 7 by Horst3000

"Hoeness was sufficiently astute to recognise this but also the opportunity that arose from the club's proximity to so many wealthy Bavarian companies. Alliances have been steadily formed over the past 35 years to the extent that Bayern Munich, by some distance, generates more commercial revenue than any football club in the world.

Audi, adidas, Coca-Cola, Lufthansa, Samsung, Siemens and Deutsche Telekom now form the basis of the club's financial might. To provide some perspective, commercial income accounts for 55 per cent of Bayern's total revenue."

Whereby I understand the difference between Bayern building up financial alliances with large companies and Red Bull just buying a club there are still some extremely wealthy companies willing to pump millions into Bayern.

I was musing on in this manner a bit, it is impossible to think of Wolfsburg without thinking VW, isn't it? Further afield, Barcelona have their famous membership model (140,000 socis in 2016 according to Wikipedia) but the reality is that the club are controlled by an inner circle. And yet, like Bayern, there is a feeling of comfort amongst supporters that control is in an association of the great and the good and not the plaything of one owner.

Anyone else picked up on the hate shown by Dortmund towards RB Leipzig? on 22:40 - Feb 7 with 1891 viewsmonty_radio

Anyone else picked up on the hate shown by Dortmund towards RB Leipzig? on 22:03 - Feb 7 by WeWereZombies

I was musing on in this manner a bit, it is impossible to think of Wolfsburg without thinking VW, isn't it? Further afield, Barcelona have their famous membership model (140,000 socis in 2016 according to Wikipedia) but the reality is that the club are controlled by an inner circle. And yet, like Bayern, there is a feeling of comfort amongst supporters that control is in an association of the great and the good and not the plaything of one owner.

Ah yes - benevolent dictatorship! Whatever happened to that phrase in the social media era?

Anyone else picked up on the hate shown by Dortmund towards RB Leipzig? on 22:46 - Feb 7 with 1878 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Can't we talk them into being M.E. Dons ?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Anyone else picked up on the hate shown by Dortmund towards RB Leipzig? on 08:23 - Feb 8 with 1759 viewsWeWereZombies

Anyone else picked up on the hate shown by Dortmund towards RB Leipzig? on 22:46 - Feb 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

Can't we talk them into being M.E. Dons ?

Or we could become Marcus Evans's Heroes - but keep it in that nice understated lower case - meh...

Anyone else picked up on the hate shown by Dortmund towards RB Leipzig? on 08:30 - Feb 8 with 1747 viewscruncher

Ipswich Red Bull ? That would upset a few on here and in general but unlimited funds would be appreciated on the playing side and with in the Stadium etc
Never happen though.
Anyone else picked up on the hate shown by Dortmund towards RB Leipzig? on 10:12 - Feb 8 with 1645 viewsdusseldorf_blue

Anyone else picked up on the hate shown by Dortmund towards RB Leipzig? on 22:03 - Feb 7 by WeWereZombies

Ingostadt - Audi
Leverkusen - Bayer
Borussia Dortmund a stock exchange listed company!

I think it is envy as much as anything.

I personally have no problem with Leipzig, sure they have cash and are buying good young players. However, in contrast to Bayern, Dortmund etal they actually play the players rather than just buy them so no one else can!

Es gibt nur eine Borussia
Eine Borussia
Borussia Mönchengladbach VFL
Anyone else picked up on the hate shown by Dortmund towards RB Leipzig? on 11:08 - Feb 8 with 1584 viewssoupytwist

There has been a number of discussions about this on the Guardian Football Weekly podcast, including this Monday's edition. The view that Dortmund putting themselves up as the self appointed guardians of German football culture was a little sanctimonious and that physically assaulting fans of one club as a protest at the erosion of fan 'rights' was a bit odd.

They speculated a while ago that Leeds were possibly on Red Bull's list of potential English clubs. Although I can't imagine Leeds and something called Red would go together very well.

As Dusseldorf Blue says, there are other Bundesliga teams which are effectively bankrolled by corporations, this lot are just more obvious about it.
Anyone else picked up on the hate shown by Dortmund towards RB Leipzig? on 11:18 - Feb 8 with 1548 viewsTLA

Anyone else picked up on the hate shown by Dortmund towards RB Leipzig? on 18:50 - Feb 7 by bournemouthblue

I was thinking pretty much all of this.

I actually think it would be good for MK Dons to lose the Dons connection. They've achieved a league place unfairly and that won't change now so cut ties and become the ultimate franchise.

They have a great location (to get to, not because it's great in other ways!) and potential to get big crowds in the premier league.

The stone bull in amongst those cows would add to the culture!
Anyone else picked up on the hate shown by Dortmund towards RB Leipzig? on 12:00 - Feb 8 with 1478 viewstheblueginger

To be fair Clubs such as Wolfsburg (VW) Hoffenheim (SAP) and Leverkusen (Bayer) have all previously been criticised in the past due to funding from a multinational corporation or its' owner. This happens generally when said teams beat Bayern, climb rapidly through the leagues or win trophies. Frankly, compared to some of the idiotic owners about I don't see what the problem is in long-term investment from companies that clearly have the revenue.

Its' just sour grapes, like when Man City starting spending mega bucks years back, Chelsea fans I knew were whining it was unfair, and money was going to destroy the Premier League!
[Post edited 8 Feb 2017 12:02]
Anyone else picked up on the hate shown by Dortmund towards RB Leipzig? on 16:20 - Feb 10 with 1284 viewsWeWereZombies

Anyone else picked up on the hate shown by Dortmund towards RB Leipzig? on 19:06 - Feb 7 by Horst3000

Dortmund fined now (pending appeal):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38934616

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024