Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bogle equalises against Norwich! 21:09 - Feb 7 with 2625 viewsMark

That's one goal already then from the player we didn't think was good enough to buy.
Bogle equalises against Norwich! on 21:12 - Feb 7 with 2336 viewsSE1blue

or two

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Bogle equalises against Norwich! on 21:15 - Feb 7 with 2272 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Ole ole ole ole ole ole
Omar
Bogle!

Get in there Wigan!

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Bogle equalises against Norwich! on 21:15 - Feb 7 with 2273 viewsArnieM

Bogle. gotta love the man.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Bogle equalises against Norwich! on 21:15 - Feb 7 with 2261 viewsMark

Bogle equalises against Norwich! on 21:12 - Feb 7 by SE1blue

or two

I am all mixed up. Norwich conceding two quick goals - GREAT! Wigan winning - HORROR! Bogle scoring two - looking like a missed opportunity for Marcus's £1M, perhaps we did not bid as it would have been accepted.
Bogle equalises against Norwich! on 21:15 - Feb 7 with 2250 viewsLeoMuff

Would have been perfect for us

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Bogle equalises against Norwich! on 21:17 - Feb 7 with 2220 viewsjpring89

2-2

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Bogle equalises against Norwich! on 21:18 - Feb 7 with 2186 viewsMark

Bogle equalises against Norwich! on 21:17 - Feb 7 by jpring89

2-2

Yes, 2-2 now with 17 minutes to go. Let's just leave it there now, a draw would be a good result.
Bogle equalises against Norwich! on 21:21 - Feb 7 with 2132 viewsMark

Bogle's goals sound good on the BBC.

"leaping like a salmon to power in a header at the back post. "

"steps up to take the free-kick, and he curls the ball up, over the wall and into the far corner."

According to Sky "The fee could rise to £1m with add-ons" for Bogle. I hope he doesn't become the new Kevin Phillips!
Login to get fewer ads

Bogle equalises against Norwich! on 21:22 - Feb 7 with 2120 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Bogle equalises against Norwich! on 21:21 - Feb 7 by Mark

"steps up to take the free-kick, and he curls the ball up, over the wall and into the far corner."

According to Sky "The fee could rise to £1m with add-ons" for Bogle. I hope he doesn't become the new Kevin Phillips!

His second one was a goodun

Curled in the corner. Keeper done with the eyes.

Was shown on sky sports news

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Bogle equalises against Norwich! on 21:24 - Feb 7 with 2078 viewsReuser_is_God

I thought Dijks had turned them down?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Bogle equalises against Norwich! on 21:25 - Feb 7 with 2057 viewsbournemouthblue

He'll be good in League One

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Bogle equalises against Norwich! on 21:39 - Feb 7 with 1885 viewsRocky

Bogle equalises against Norwich! on 21:15 - Feb 7 by ArnieM

Bogle. gotta love the man.

The kind of player we should have been looking at if Evans had any real intetion of promotion.
Bogle equalises against Norwich! on 21:48 - Feb 7 with 1771 viewsGeoffSentence

Bogle equalises against Norwich! on 21:24 - Feb 7 by Reuser_is_God

I thought Dijks had turned them down?

INitially turned down a permanent deal, but then accepted a loan deal.

One of our Dutch friends said it was good that he signed for them as he was sht.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Bogle equalises against Norwich! on 22:04 - Feb 7 with 1639 viewsreadtheleaguetable

Not that he wasn't rated by us, just that we could never afford him.
In what universe would Ipswich make 7million pound bids for ANYONE, let alone one from the lower leagues ?

Qu'est-ce que vous chantez? Nous chantons "Les Bleus, allez!"

Bogle equalises against Norwich! on 22:09 - Feb 7 with 1599 viewsArnieM

Bogle equalises against Norwich! on 21:48 - Feb 7 by GeoffSentence

INitially turned down a permanent deal, but then accepted a loan deal.

One of our Dutch friends said it was good that he signed for them as he was sht.

scum always pay.big bucks for average foreign imports . No one decent wants to join them despite their parachute backing.

#ncfc#tinpotclub

Bogle equalises against Norwich! on 22:39 - Feb 7 with 1475 viewsMark

Bogle equalises against Norwich! on 22:04 - Feb 7 by readtheleaguetable

Not that he wasn't rated by us, just that we could never afford him.
In what universe would Ipswich make 7million pound bids for ANYONE, let alone one from the lower leagues ?

Bogle? He went for under £1M.
Bogle equalises against Norwich! on 22:49 - Feb 7 with 1439 viewsArnieM

Bogle equalises against Norwich! on 22:39 - Feb 7 by Mark

goes to underline the fact Evans hasn't much intention to sign anyone of note. Otherwise we rooks have signed a striker this window. Ignore booking be clearer. Evans has lost interest and Milne confirmed his in his interview this week.

Bogle equalises against Norwich! on 23:14 - Feb 7 with 1372 viewsRocky

Bogle equalises against Norwich! on 22:39 - Feb 7 by Mark

Probably about 850,000 rising to a million with add ons. Only 24 years old.
Perfect addition in the 5-point plan......
Bogle equalises against Norwich! on 23:19 - Feb 7 with 1353 viewsElderGrizzly

Bogle equalises against Norwich! on 23:14 - Feb 7 by Rocky

Probably about 850,000 rising to a million with add ons. Only 24 years old.
Perfect addition in the 5-point plan......

Phil was mentioning we didn't even bid for him. Not considered a 'Mick' type player apparently. Questionable work ethic or the like.
Bogle equalises against Norwich! on 23:27 - Feb 7 with 1325 viewsvapour_trail

Bogle equalises against Norwich! on 23:19 - Feb 7 by ElderGrizzly

Phil was mentioning we didn't even bid for him. Not considered a 'Mick' type player apparently. Questionable work ethic or the like.

I think Phil said we felt he wasn't ready for the step up.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Bogle equalises against Norwich! on 23:30 - Feb 7 with 1308 viewsRocky

The really good news is that Nodge fans are far more pissed off at not signing him than we are...
Bogle equalises against Norwich! on 07:09 - Feb 8 with 1171 viewshoppy

As far as not becoming the new Kevin Phillips, I don't think he had been here for talks and in the car park at Portman Road when the call came in from Wigan... so, on that front, I think we're ok. I had mentioned him a few times as someone I thought we should be looking at even before Wigan were linked.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Bogle equalises against Norwich! on 08:47 - Feb 8 with 1039 viewsoldbluestu

Assuming he would want to join Town instead of Wigan
Bogle equalises against Norwich! on 09:24 - Feb 8 with 954 viewsPhilTWTD

I'm not sure I said that. I know we watched him just before the window closed. Mick was asked about some of the players who went to Championship clubs from the lower leagues for fees of around a million or so and without commenting directly on any particular player said the following:

“It’s easy to go and spend a million quid just to says we’ve spend a million quid,” he continued. “I think the ones you buy at a million quid have got to be better than the ones you’ve got.

“So, if we’d have been targeting those then perhaps I didn’t think they were value for money either, some of those deals which were done.

“You go an buy one now at a million quid just because you’re desperate to get one for a million quid and actually you’ve got him now for the next three, three and a half or four years and it perhaps wasn’t worth it.”

For what it's worth, a friend of mine who scouts for another club didn't think Bogle would be up to the Championship, so we'll see how he progresses. A couple of goals in one game is hardly definitive proof he's made it at this level.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/31102/mccarthy-frustrated-not-to-land-st
Bogle equalises against Norwich! on 09:34 - Feb 8 with 914 viewsStenvict

Bogle equalises against Norwich! on 09:24 - Feb 8 by PhilTWTD

I'm not sure I said that. I know we watched him just before the window closed. Mick was asked about some of the players who went to Championship clubs from the lower leagues for fees of around a million or so and without commenting directly on any particular player said the following:

“It’s easy to go and spend a million quid just to says we’ve spend a million quid,” he continued. “I think the ones you buy at a million quid have got to be better than the ones you’ve got.

“So, if we’d have been targeting those then perhaps I didn’t think they were value for money either, some of those deals which were done.

“You go an buy one now at a million quid just because you’re desperate to get one for a million quid and actually you’ve got him now for the next three, three and a half or four years and it perhaps wasn’t worth it.”

For what it's worth, a friend of mine who scouts for another club didn't think Bogle would be up to the Championship, so we'll see how he progresses. A couple of goals in one game is hardly definitive proof he's made it at this level.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/31102/mccarthy-frustrated-not-to-land-st

Plus, he scored against Norwich. Lets see how he does against a big team.

Poll: What will be announced first?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024