Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So how much money will League One Wigan be selling Bogle 18:56 - Feb 8 with 1108 viewsbournemouthblue

for in the summer?

If he has a decent second half of the season, they could easily earn a tidy sum of profit for a few months performance

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

So how much money will League One Wigan be selling Bogle on 20:16 - Feb 8 with 1044 viewsJ2BLUE

£2m. We'll want him and we'll bid £3.58 and a Kit Kat Chunky.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So how much money will League One Wigan be selling Bogle on 20:25 - Feb 8 with 1038 viewsSarge

So how much money will League One Wigan be selling Bogle on 20:16 - Feb 8 by J2BLUE

£2m. We'll want him and we'll bid £3.58 and a Kit Kat Chunky.

If it's the peanut butter one that's not a bad offer imo
So how much money will League One Wigan be selling Bogle on 21:55 - Feb 8 with 967 viewsoldbluestu

Parachute payments always help
So how much money will League One Wigan be selling Bogle on 22:00 - Feb 8 with 957 viewsSuperfrans

This is the bit that Evans seems to overlook.

Of course, you can sign players for £10,000 and sell them for £8m a couple of years later and that's good business.

But, a, this is only a sustainable means of progressing if you reinvest some or all of it on strengthening the squad; and, b, it is also possible to buy a player for £3m smartly and turn him into a £10m player a few years later too.

I do wonder whether Evans has been so burnt by his Keane experience (when we bought players for big money and failed to make anything from them, either because they turned out to be terrible investments (Priskin) or we allowed their contracts to run down (Leadbitter etc)) that he doesn't conceive of how a big money signing can eventually turn into a big money sale.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

So how much money will League One Wigan be selling Bogle on 22:58 - Feb 8 with 890 viewsbournemouthblue

So how much money will League One Wigan be selling Bogle on 22:00 - Feb 8 by Superfrans

This is the bit that Evans seems to overlook.

Of course, you can sign players for £10,000 and sell them for £8m a couple of years later and that's good business.

But, a, this is only a sustainable means of progressing if you reinvest some or all of it on strengthening the squad; and, b, it is also possible to buy a player for £3m smartly and turn him into a £10m player a few years later too.

I do wonder whether Evans has been so burnt by his Keane experience (when we bought players for big money and failed to make anything from them, either because they turned out to be terrible investments (Priskin) or we allowed their contracts to run down (Leadbitter etc)) that he doesn't conceive of how a big money signing can eventually turn into a big money sale.

Im certain he has

You certainly have to bite the bullet sometimes, I don't think money was the issue with Bogle, more a case of us not being interested in him, which in itself is a shame really given the cost

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

So how much money will League One Wigan be selling Bogle on 16:41 - Feb 9 with 728 viewsWickets

So how much money will League One Wigan be selling Bogle on 22:58 - Feb 8 by bournemouthblue

Im certain he has

You certainly have to bite the bullet sometimes, I don't think money was the issue with Bogle, more a case of us not being interested in him, which in itself is a shame really given the cost

Mick might not have been interested in him because he does not look like a player who would play with his back to goal, as Murth did, but many on here seemed to rate him goes to show that, fans know nowt, is not always true. Someone at Wigan seems to know what they are doing in the transfer market, buying a striker for 1mill selling him for 7mill a few months later and now Bogle for not much looks impressive.
So how much money will League One Wigan be selling Bogle on 16:55 - Feb 9 with 711 viewshoppy

"League One Wigan"?

They may not survive in the Championship come the summer, but to call them League One at the moment is a bit harsh.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024