Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Here's something everyone from England can support Scotland on: poppy fine 21:30 - Feb 9 with 1275 viewsWeWereZombies

Whilst I can see FIFA's technical point I would have thought they could have found a way to disregard any political or religious element to wearing poppies on football shirts, not sure if the appeal will be successful:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38921362

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Here's something everyone from England can support Scotland on: poppy fine on 22:02 - Feb 9 with 1241 viewsJakeITFC

The rule, which all of the British FAs had a vote on, is fairly clear and I don't know why we think that we should be above it.
Here's something everyone from England can support Scotland on: poppy fine on 22:05 - Feb 9 with 1239 viewsconnorscontract

Here's something everyone from England can support Scotland on: poppy fine on 22:02 - Feb 9 by JakeITFC

The rule, which all of the British FAs had a vote on, is fairly clear and I don't know why we think that we should be above it.

Yes, it's a clear rule which exists to stop much more unpalatable emblems being worn: can you imagine the sloganeering in any future Croatia v Serbia match if Scotland wins this.

Wear the Poppy on principle, pay the fine because it provides a greater safeguard. Move on.
Here's something everyone from England can support Scotland on: poppy fine on 00:00 - Feb 10 with 1140 viewsfactual_blue

Here's something everyone from England can support Scotland on: poppy fine on 22:05 - Feb 9 by connorscontract

Yes, it's a clear rule which exists to stop much more unpalatable emblems being worn: can you imagine the sloganeering in any future Croatia v Serbia match if Scotland wins this.

Wear the Poppy on principle, pay the fine because it provides a greater safeguard. Move on.

I'm getting more and more uneasy about ever-increasing 'poppy fascism', which leads first to the ridiculous

and then probably to the more sinister

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Here's something everyone from England can support Scotland on: poppy fine on 05:59 - Feb 10 with 1085 viewsBenters

Here's something everyone from England can support Scotland on: poppy fine on 22:05 - Feb 9 by connorscontract

This with a bit of Rule Britannia added on the end.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024