Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I love football again 10:03 - Feb 13 with 1504 viewsHeathlander

What a day Saturday was. Breakfast in Felixstowe at 8:30. 32 seater full of mates taking the road to follow the blue army. Little Heathlander (not so little anymore as he's 19) and his mates joining Dad on his first jolly boys outing.

Stopped off in Sutton Coldfield for a few beers pre match. Getting to Villa Park with 1 minute on the clock. Hearding cats is easier than getting middle age men out of a boozer.

A decent game of footy, we'll take the draw. Nice pint at half time. friendly stewards. Good banter with the Villa fans in the lower tier. Great stadium and atmosphere.

Then one of those magical moments. A late late winner in front of our own fans. Pandemonium breaks out. I bloody well love football again. That's why we still go, that's why we put up with the rubbish. It's for those few and far between moments of magic.

Celebrating that goal and win with my lad. Chambo's fist pump back with a vengeance.
Journey home was so much more pleasurable for that single moment. Young Heathy and his mates stayed over in Brum. We ended up back in Ipswich for a few more liveners.

We love you Ipswich we do.,

Happy days.
I love football again on 10:10 - Feb 13 with 1428 viewsPJH

The goal,the celebrations and the final whistle are really what following a football team is all about.

One of my greatest footballing memories is at the playoff final when Stewart scored-bloke in row in front turned around(a complete stranger)and I was hugging him whilst my son was on top of both of us-footballing heaven.
I love football again on 10:15 - Feb 13 with 1392 viewsNewcyBlue

Outstanding Heatherlander!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

I love football again on 10:21 - Feb 13 with 1366 viewstrncbluearmy

Know what you mean, running around the house shouting yesssssssssssssssssssss, giving it fist pumps, the dogs the only others in the place wondering what the Hell is going on, been checking flight prices to get back for the first home game after we have feking beat the scum

it don`t take much to restore the faith just a bit of commitment and a proper team selection

COYB
I love football again on 10:47 - Feb 13 with 1274 viewskhuna

Great stuff, we sometimes forget that it is the bad times that make the good moments so great.
I love football again on 10:56 - Feb 13 with 1245 viewscaught-in-limbo

Nice!

It really only takes a good result and plenty of promise. I want a good performance from us tomorrow at Brighton more than I have for a very long time.

Could this really be the turning point?

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

I love football again on 11:54 - Feb 13 with 1145 viewsFtnfwest

Drove so missed all that drinking malarky but it all felt like a bit of a throwback (in a very good way), the stadium, the opposition and for once a good performance. Great moment when we scored and also afterwards. We aren't going to do that every week but all we can hope for are performances between now and the end of the season and see what happens after that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024