Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I agree with Tony Blair.... 08:04 - Feb 17 with 7547 viewsitfcjoe

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/feb/16/tony-blair-remainers-rise-up-br

“Those driving this always wanted a hard Brexit. Indeed even the term ‘hard Brexit’ requires amendment. The policy is now Brexit at any cost.”
[Post edited 17 Feb 2017 8:07]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 16:54 - Feb 17 with 1039 viewswalang

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 16:46 - Feb 17 by walang

https://www.theautomaticearth.com/2015/07/was-greece-set-up-to-fail/
If after reading this you think the crisis was down to Greeks rather than global finance (Goldman Sachs cooked the books) interests I would be surprised (It's a whole lot bigger than their elites not paying taxes) Golem is full of info on the derivatives minefield within Deutschebank.
In my experience Greeks (the normal ones)work bl00dy hard.
In my experience I agree but only those self employed !
Oh and I think Tony Bliar should be taken to court for trying to subvert the will of the people, an odious individual with absolutely no credibility !
[Post edited 17 Feb 2017 16:50]

Sorry ! did not intend for there to be bold text for the last three lines - age fail !
I agree with Tony Blair.... on 16:56 - Feb 17 with 1033 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's as if the leave camp deliberately want to fail. I'd struggle to come up with a wore set of ambassadors for remain than Cameron (generally clueless and paranoid; and let's reward my chums for failure), Osborne (lacks empathy), and Bliar.

He's true, we did go to the ballot without knowing the terms of Brexit. And yes we were mislead. But the remain camp had the opportunity to put their argument, and farked it up.

I said at the time, and I'm not sure if it's workable or there's a precedent, but this shouldn't have been a referendum based on standard political lines of campaigning. It's far too important. I'd have liked to have seen a cross-party working group, with representatives from key non-political sectors, set up to develop details and arguments for both sides of the decision. Set out in a way to make them easily comparable and as free from political spin and bullsh*t as possible.

It would have been better for the parties too, as this referendum not only has major impact on us, but it's had and continues to have damaging effects within them (certainly Tory and Labour).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 16:56 - Feb 17 with 1031 viewspickles110564

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 13:32 - Feb 17 by No9

Doesn't that go for most politicians?

Look at the front bench of this unelected government - would you trust any of the with a five pence piece?

I certainly don't trust any on the other side, one moment they wanted Corbyn out next time they are supporting him.
And Blair don't get me started.
I agree with Tony Blair.... on 16:58 - Feb 17 with 1027 viewsSwansea_Blue

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 16:54 - Feb 17 by walang

Sorry ! did not intend for there to be bold text for the last three lines - age fail !

That's no problem, as it's really hard to overemphasise that Blair is an odious individual with absolutely no credibility. Bold, in flashing red 48 point script would still not do it justice.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 17:19 - Feb 17 with 1009 viewsjas0999

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 08:19 - Feb 17 by GlasgowBlue

If Tony Blair told me that Ipswich played at Portman Road I'd double check to see if we still did.

The man is a habitual liar.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2017 8:21]

Yep. One of the reasons Labour is in a sorry mess today.
I agree with Tony Blair.... on 18:04 - Feb 17 with 970 viewsThePitBoss

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 08:50 - Feb 17 by factual_blue

So people no longer have the right to protest about things they think are wrong?

See you in 40 years for the rejoin vote. Good luck with your campaign.
I agree with Tony Blair.... on 18:09 - Feb 17 with 955 viewswalang

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 18:04 - Feb 17 by ThePitBoss

[ See you in 40 years for the rejoin vote. Good luck with your campaign.]

Perhaps there will not be a EU in 5 years never mind 40, I hope not ! (Rejoin vote that is )

Who knows !
I agree with Tony Blair.... on 18:54 - Feb 17 with 931 viewsfeelingblue

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 18:04 - Feb 17 by ThePitBoss

It will be about 8-10 years I reckon. We won't completely rejoin, (we won't be allowed to) but we will sign up for some sort of EEA/Norway status.
Login to get fewer ads

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 19:07 - Feb 17 with 923 viewsimsureazzure

I am looking forward to the "rise up" pitchfork march of one man in Ixworth headline in the EADT.
I agree with Tony Blair.... on 08:40 - Feb 18 with 843 viewsitfcbam

Has nothing to do with the fact he may lose his job / a significant personal income has it? Truth is neither side were 100% accurate with their campaign, like most in politics. Unlike for our existing incompetent government, the majority (over 50%) of those who voted did so to leave. That is democracy, like it or not!
I agree with Tony Blair.... on 08:46 - Feb 18 with 830 viewsNo9

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 17:19 - Feb 17 by jas0999

Yep. One of the reasons Labour is in a sorry mess today.

Not just labout tho' is it?
Johnson, Gove, Duncan-Smith, Fox, et al.
Frankly I think I would trust Blair over any of them - with caveats mind
I agree with Tony Blair.... on 08:54 - Feb 18 with 820 viewsfeelingblue

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 08:46 - Feb 18 by No9

Not just labout tho' is it?
Johnson, Gove, Duncan-Smith, Fox, et al.
Frankly I think I would trust Blair over any of them - with caveats mind

I think that difference is that Blair was an apparently decent, charismatic, centrist and reasonable bloke who a lot of people trusted and believed, even Tory voters. Thus the betrayal was magnified when that trust was broken.

IDS is an obvious f*ckwit and a proven liar.

Fox is a proven expenses crook who also got fired for breaking secrecy laws and should never have been allowed back into parliament, in fact he should probably be in jail.

Gove is odious beyond belief, and even my Tory friends think that he is the personification of a sh!t.

Johnson is (probably wrongly) regarded as some sort of buffoon, and after the referendum as a dishonest chancer.

No-one is going to be surprised or that bothered when one or all of them turn out to be untrustworthy or dishonest, because most people already knew they were.
I agree with Tony Blair.... on 09:09 - Feb 18 with 811 viewsJETPower

Tony Blair is the best prime minister we've had in my lifetime by a country mile.
I agree with Tony Blair.... on 18:49 - Feb 19 with 737 viewsfeelingblue

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 09:09 - Feb 18 by JETPower

Tony Blair is the best prime minister we've had in my lifetime by a country mile.

Did you not live through the Major government? With hindsight, he was the best Prime Minister of my lifetime.
I agree with Tony Blair.... on 20:34 - Feb 19 with 705 viewsJETPower

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 18:49 - Feb 19 by feelingblue

Did you not live through the Major government? With hindsight, he was the best Prime Minister of my lifetime.

I was 7 or 8 when Major got in, I think, so not the best judge at that age. All in all though I would still argue Blair was the stronger Prime Minister, and that his achievements were greater (would, but probably won't here right now!).

I keep thinking history will eventually be kind on Blair, and that the current highly negative judgement will soften, but with every passing year his reputation seems to sink lower.
I agree with Tony Blair.... on 22:02 - Feb 19 with 676 viewsBlueorder

In some ways it's really fecking simple. Those that wanted to rid the streets of Britain of those ethnic types stand to be the most disappointed.

Having said that it's very hard to find anyone that will admit to voting leave on race grounds. Most come up with the EU is corrupt argument (as though they fecking know).

52% of the country decided to jump into a black hole and the other 48% have to follow!
I agree with Tony Blair.... on 22:04 - Feb 19 with 675 viewssuperfan

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 22:07 - Feb 19 with 671 viewsvapour_trail

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 09:09 - Feb 18 by JETPower

Gonna throw this one out there, you don't live in Baghdad?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 22:56 - Feb 19 with 646 viewsJETPower

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 22:07 - Feb 19 by vapour_trail

Gonna throw this one out there, you don't live in Baghdad?

No. I lived in Suffolk funnily enough. I knew a fair bit about Iraq back then though, for various reasons.

Despite the horrors there, I still rate his premiership higher than that of others. It's not a high bar.
I agree with Tony Blair.... on 23:08 - Feb 19 with 644 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Believing Blair on politics is like believing Milne on transfers

Agenda is the word that springs to mind

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 00:52 - Feb 20 with 612 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Surprised the Trump card hasn't been played yet.

It could be argued that a second referendum should take place as those who voted out never truly thought that Trump would get into power, and wouldn't have wanted to rely on him more.

Poll: Best Football Song

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 05:04 - Feb 20 with 588 viewsBenters

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 19:07 - Feb 17 by imsureazzure

I am looking forward to the "rise up" pitchfork march of one man in Ixworth headline in the EADT.

Haha !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024