Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Things that wind me up that shouldn't 01:08 - Feb 18 with 16531 viewsBarneycurley

Taking your wife out for dinner and feeling the need to call it a 'date night'

Secondly then posting the night on FB exclaiming you are on a frigging night out with your wife

F ucking idiots

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Things that wind me up that shouldn't on 21:28 - Feb 20 with 2105 viewsWicklowBlue

Slow drivers on the inside lane, that as you move to overtake miraculously find the accelerator. Leading to the development of a drag race encounter!

Discount supermarkets who loudly announce they are opening a new till. Followed by mayhem as people fight to get there first. Then you get to watch the person who was in front of you in the original queue escape to freedom. As you continue to wait for an employee to emerge from the bowels of the Earth.

People who add the phrase "type stuff" to the end of any sentence.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2017 22:09]
Things that wind me up that shouldn't on 22:26 - Feb 20 with 2055 viewsClapham_Junction

People who refuse to recycle, particularly the ones that don't because they believe the conspiracy theory that it all ends up in landfill anyway. Like you get the option of taking a speed awareness course if you get caught speeding, councils should give people the option to visit their local waste sorting centre rather than get a fine for various bin-related misdemeanours. Not only would they get to see the efforts gone to to sort the materials (including some pretty cool stuff involving lasers), they should also be forced to meet the poor sods who have to pick out stuff like nappies that people have chucked in the recycling bin.

Also, people who moan about not having weekly bin collections.
Things that wind me up that shouldn't on 22:58 - Feb 20 with 2030 viewsDolly2.0

Things that wind me up that shouldn't on 18:35 - Feb 20 by RoyKeanesDog

You're not a purist then. I don't get overly bothered by it, except that it's another example of Americanisms taking over our fine language, the term is wrong though.

It's like when people say 'fairly certain'.

As a purist I'm able to appreciate that the language changes over time. It's no big deal. Nothing wrong with being fairly certain about something either.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Things that wind me up that shouldn't on 23:05 - Feb 20 with 2021 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Things that wind me up that shouldn't on 22:58 - Feb 20 by Dolly2.0

As a purist I'm able to appreciate that the language changes over time. It's no big deal. Nothing wrong with being fairly certain about something either.

I'm certain you're wrong.

Poll: Best Football Song

Things that wind me up that shouldn't on 23:07 - Feb 20 with 2017 viewsDolly2.0

Things that wind me up that shouldn't on 23:05 - Feb 20 by RoyKeanesDog

Being fairly certain just means you're almost certain but not 100%. There's nothing wrong with it.

Things that wind me up that shouldn't on 23:19 - Feb 20 with 2004 viewsLord_Lucan

Things that wind me up that shouldn't on 23:07 - Feb 20 by Dolly2.0

Being fairly certain just means you're almost certain but not 100%. There's nothing wrong with it.

Then it should be not certain.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Things that wind me up that shouldn't on 09:43 - Feb 21 with 1920 viewsGlasgowBlue

Here's something that winds me up but I'm completely justified. It happened this morning.

2 or 3 people stood talking on a narrow path with dogs on leads. They can see a runner approaching them at a good speed but carry on talking without moving.

Then they look amazed that they or their dogs get a shove when the runner ploughs through them.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Things that wind me up that shouldn't on 10:18 - Feb 21 with 1872 viewsLord_Lucan

Runners

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Login to get fewer ads

on 10:21 - Feb 21 with 1862 views_

Things that wind me up that shouldn't on 10:18 - Feb 21 by Lord_Lucan

Runners

Things that wind me up that shouldn't on 10:25 - Feb 21 with 1853 viewsSwansea_Blue

Runners

Yep, long narrow rugs annoy me too

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Things that wind me up that shouldn't on 10:26 - Feb 21 with 1857 viewsGodzilla

Little bags of dog poo hanging in the trees (to collect on the way back - aye right).
Starting to notice people serving me stuff calling me Buddy when it should be Sir.
Things that wind me up that shouldn't on 10:30 - Feb 21 with 1847 viewsLord_Lucan

Things that wind me up that shouldn't on 10:26 - Feb 21 by Godzilla

Little bags of dog poo hanging in the trees (to collect on the way back - aye right).
Starting to notice people serving me stuff calling me Buddy when it should be Sir.

Yeah I mentioned the poo bag thing earlier - craziness.

As for "Buddy", that would annoy me - almost as much as "What can I get you guys"

Things that wind me up that shouldn't on 10:34 - Feb 21 with 1830 viewsGlasgowBlue

Runners

Iron Lion Zion

Things that wind me up that shouldn't on 10:35 - Feb 21 with 1813 viewsgordon

Things that wind me up that shouldn't on 23:05 - Feb 20 by RoyKeanesDog

what do you say instead of fairly certain, out of interest?
Things that wind me up that shouldn't on 10:37 - Feb 21 with 1807 viewsGlasgowBlue

on 10:21 - Feb 21 by _

Iron Lion Zion

Things that wind me up that shouldn't on 10:38 - Feb 21 with 1795 viewshoppy

Things that wind me up that shouldn't on 10:35 - Feb 21 by gordon

what do you say instead of fairly certain, out of interest?

Not certain. You are either certain, or you're not. There's no 'nearly' or 'fairly' about it.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Things that wind me up that shouldn't on 10:44 - Feb 21 with 1784 viewsGodzilla

Things that wind me up that shouldn't on 10:30 - Feb 21 by Lord_Lucan

As for "Buddy", that would annoy me - almost as much as "What can I get you guys"

I suppose using Buddy and Guys is better than no pleasantries at all - but when you reach a certain age you don't really want someone in their teens/twenties, and younger than your own, talking to you like you are their age. Maybe its just because we look so much younger than we are-- possibly not.
Things that wind me up that shouldn't on 10:45 - Feb 21 with 1766 viewsipswich78

Things that wind me up that shouldn't on 12:06 - Feb 20 by BlueWharf

Or when they hold the elevator doors open while they finish talking, after walking out of the elevator.

Don't mind me mate, I'll just wait her waiting for you to finish.

People who use the Americanism 'elevator' as opposed to the English word 'lift'.

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

Things that wind me up that shouldn't on 11:25 - Feb 21 with 1731 viewsvapour_trail

I wrote 'thanks guys' in an email this morning, I've noticed that one slipping in recently. I think I started using it on the kids

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Things that wind me up that shouldn't on 11:26 - Feb 21 with 1724 viewsartsbossbeard

Things that wind me up that shouldn't on 11:25 - Feb 21 by vapour_trail

I wrote 'thanks guys' in an email this morning, I've noticed that one slipping in recently. I think I started using it on the kids

You're worse than Hitler.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Things that wind me up that shouldn't on 11:32 - Feb 21 with 1707 viewsGeoffSentence

Things that wind me up that shouldn't on 09:43 - Feb 21 by GlasgowBlue

Here's something that winds me up but I'm completely justified. It happened this morning.

2 or 3 people stood talking on a narrow path with dogs on leads. They can see a runner approaching them at a good speed but carry on talking without moving.

Then they look amazed that they or their dogs get a shove when the runner ploughs through them.

Anybody blocking any throughway completely oblivious to everyone else annoys me, happens a lot in supermarkets, shop doorways, the bottom of stairs and escalators.

It gets my goat.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Things that wind me up that shouldn't on 11:42 - Feb 21 with 1674 viewsDolly2.0

Things that wind me up that shouldn't on 11:32 - Feb 21 by GeoffSentence

Anybody blocking any throughway completely oblivious to everyone else annoys me, happens a lot in supermarkets, shop doorways, the bottom of stairs and escalators.

It gets my goat.

All people who stop in doorways for a chat should be brutally murdered, along with their offspring.

Things that wind me up that shouldn't on 11:46 - Feb 21 with 1656 viewsimsureazzure

Really do not understand the need to throw away the poo bag, it makes such a good hand warmer this time of year.
Things that wind me up that shouldn't on 11:49 - Feb 21 with 1636 viewshoppy

Things that wind me up that shouldn't on 11:32 - Feb 21 by GeoffSentence

It gets my goat.

The worst offenders are those that stop immediately they've stepped off the train, to enable them to put their little briefcases on wheels down on the floor to extend the handle to pull it along - because it would be far too much effort to carry it a little way at all just enough so that they were clear of the doorway of others trying to get off.

By the way, I'm glad to see you've recovered from your ending posts with a comma affliction you were suffering from yesterday.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Things that wind me up that shouldn't on 11:49 - Feb 21 with 1636 viewsvapour_trail

Things that wind me up that shouldn't on 11:26 - Feb 21 by artsbossbeard

You're worse than Hitler.

Come on now, buddy

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024