Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? 13:43 - Feb 18 with 27756 viewsTractorWood

I'll start:

1. No keypad tones are allowed on phones in any public situation. £500 fine
2. Physical cash to be phased out.
3. Nationwide education on how to use the word done.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2017 13:44]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 13:49 - Feb 18 with 6720 viewsRyorry

Ban fracking in the UK.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 13:51 - Feb 18 with 6714 viewsWD19

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 13:49 - Feb 18 by Ryorry

Ban fracking in the UK.

So you would be another of those heads of state secretly in the pay of the Russians?!
If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 13:52 - Feb 18 with 6711 viewsPendejo

Just the word "done" or the verb "to do"?

BTW agree with 1 & 2

* Forced repossession of properties left empty by property speculators [current estimates are that there are over 55,000 empty residential properties in London]

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 13:53 - Feb 18 with 6702 viewsRyorry

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 13:51 - Feb 18 by WD19

So you would be another of those heads of state secretly in the pay of the Russians?!

No, I would have put money into getting tidal and wave energy onstream by now. Orkney uses those and has such a surfeit it is exporting energy year-round. Low population of course, but the UK elsewhere obviously has a vast coastline.

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 13:58 - Feb 18 with 6680 viewsBluefish

I would ban the media from taking pictures of funerals or people grieving

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 20:50 - Feb 19 with 6588 viewsJ2BLUE

I have loads of these...here is a small sample...

Teach financial education in schools

The final hour of Wednesday and Thursday, and the final two hours of Friday for school kids would be reading time. No one is paying attention on Friday afternoon so let kids read. If they want to be a pilot read about planes, if they want to be a doctor read a medical text book etc. Or fiction. Just read and learn. Nothing improves your writing and vocabulary like reading.

Provide proper full support for all returning military personnel and make sure that all serving personnel have everything they need to remain safe and do their job properly.

Change RE to REE - Religious Education and Evolution. Teach it from the start of secondary school and let kids make their own mind up.

Far more severe punishments for cruelty to animals.

Free lights, helmets and high vis jackets for cyclists for their own safety and for doing their part to keep themselves fit and being environmentally friendly.

A couple of controversial ones which have little chance of being passed...

Ban all retired people from supermarkets at weekends. It's always jam packed and staying out of the supermarket for a couple of days won't kill them.

Ban all military involvement in sporting events. I just don't like it. I think it helps glorify the military and it's not needed.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 20:55 - Feb 19 with 6562 viewsSwansea_Blue

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 13:49 - Feb 18 by Ryorry

Ban fracking in the UK.

Hardly trivial. That's a major and sensible requirement.

I'd make it law that the rubbers on the end of pencils have to be super glued in. They always used to fall out when I was in school, and assume they still do.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 21:09 - Feb 19 with 6529 viewsRyorry

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 20:55 - Feb 19 by Swansea_Blue

Hardly trivial. That's a major and sensible requirement.

I'd make it law that the rubbers on the end of pencils have to be super glued in. They always used to fall out when I was in school, and assume they still do.

I know, hadn't read the header properly (^slaps own wrist^) and missed "trivial" - but not sorry to get the protest in at every available opportunity! ;)

Login to get fewer ads

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 21:19 - Feb 19 with 6503 viewsMJallday

1. bring back the death penalty for murder/rape where proven beyond doubt with DNA
2. benefits not free, you must perform public service to get them (litter picking etc)
3. removal of all soft benefits from prisons (tv's,etc)
4. bank holiday in june/july
5. remove sunday trading laws

the above are all the light ones. id also

6. stop all benefits unless youve lived in the uk for 16 years
7. free child care for <4's
8. bring back free university education
9. removal of insurance tax
10. any company making more than 100million in profit either has to re-invest that back into their business or pay it into the treasury.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 21:24 - Feb 19 with 6481 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 13:53 - Feb 18 by Ryorry

No, I would have put money into getting tidal and wave energy onstream by now. Orkney uses those and has such a surfeit it is exporting energy year-round. Low population of course, but the UK elsewhere obviously has a vast coastline.

Over a quarter of uk power is from renewables so we are getting there. In the meantime exploiting our own gas reserves instead of importing it makes a lot of sense.
If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 21:32 - Feb 19 with 6450 viewsBarneycurley

Minimum speed limits on roads that are within 15% of the maximum- thus ensuring everyone is kept close together

Road Rage made legal when attacks happen agsinst people who aren't able to merge correctly entering lane restrictions

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 21:33 - Feb 19 with 6439 viewsSarge

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 21:19 - Feb 19 by MJallday

1. bring back the death penalty for murder/rape where proven beyond doubt with DNA
2. benefits not free, you must perform public service to get them (litter picking etc)

10. any company making more than 100million in profit either has to re-invest that back into their business or pay it into the treasury.

Well the first 2 aside, you've got my vote
If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 21:35 - Feb 19 with 6422 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 20:50 - Feb 19 by J2BLUE

I have loads of these...here is a small sample...

Teach financial education in schools

The final hour of Wednesday and Thursday, and the final two hours of Friday for school kids would be reading time. No one is paying attention on Friday afternoon so let kids read. If they want to be a pilot read about planes, if they want to be a doctor read a medical text book etc. Or fiction. Just read and learn. Nothing improves your writing and vocabulary like reading.

Provide proper full support for all returning military personnel and make sure that all serving personnel have everything they need to remain safe and do their job properly.

Change RE to REE - Religious Education and Evolution. Teach it from the start of secondary school and let kids make their own mind up.

Far more severe punishments for cruelty to animals.

Free lights, helmets and high vis jackets for cyclists for their own safety and for doing their part to keep themselves fit and being environmentally friendly.

A couple of controversial ones which have little chance of being passed...

Ban all retired people from supermarkets at weekends. It's always jam packed and staying out of the supermarket for a couple of days won't kill them.

Ban all military involvement in sporting events. I just don't like it. I think it helps glorify the military and it's not needed.

I was gonna say 3 things. You've said two of mine.

1) financial education should be a thing
2) re being taught in schools should not be a thing
3) sign language should be a thing taught in primary school to every child

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 21:36 - Feb 19 with 6413 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"2. Physical cash to be phased out." .....not sure that qualifies as "trivial".....more Big Brother....you've lost my vote .

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 21:37 - Feb 19 with 6411 viewsAdmiralFunge

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 21:35 - Feb 19 by The_Romford_Blue

I was gonna say 3 things. You've said two of mine.

1) financial education should be a thing
2) re being taught in schools should not be a thing
3) sign language should be a thing taught in primary school to every child

What's the story behind Number 3, Rommers?

I think it's a lovely idea - but don't know anyone, either personally, or professionally, who's deaf. Being blunt, it seems like a mis-allocation of resources.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2017 21:37]

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 21:38 - Feb 19 with 6401 viewsTractorWood

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 21:19 - Feb 19 by MJallday

Agree about removing Sunday trading, I think they'll do this quickly post brexit.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 21:39 - Feb 19 with 6398 viewsMJallday

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 21:33 - Feb 19 by Sarge

Well the first 2 aside, you've got my vote

i get why some people wouldnt agree with death penalty. i think theres definately for's and againsts there.

however im interested - why do you not agree to the concept of people having to work for benefits?
My thinking when i typed this was id envisage this based on something like jobseekers allowance, where you have to work 12 hours per weke to get it. i accept some people genuinely cannot work.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 21:42 - Feb 19 with 6377 viewsAdmiralFunge

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 21:39 - Feb 19 by MJallday

i get why some people wouldnt agree with death penalty. i think theres definately for's and againsts there.

however im interested - why do you not agree to the concept of people having to work for benefits?
My thinking when i typed this was id envisage this based on something like jobseekers allowance, where you have to work 12 hours per weke to get it. i accept some people genuinely cannot work.

My old man worked for 35 years before being laid off, and having a 3 year wait before his private pension kicked in.

Paid enough tax into the system in his time; why on earth should he have to work for his benefits, as a result of falling on hard times? The system should give him a little back, no doubt.

In fairness, I acknowledge that his were not (and are not) common circumstances.

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 21:46 - Feb 19 with 6363 viewsSarge

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 21:39 - Feb 19 by MJallday

From what I've heard with jobseekers aren't you expected to spend all of your time applying for any and every job going, so seems like doing some random job for the sake of it wold be getting away from that. After all it's only supposed to be a stop gap to get you back into work asap.

Stuff like litter picking is usually the preserve of people on community service. I think worse off people are already demonised enough with conservative led governments that lumping them in with criminals seems unfair.

Of course if you mean the benefits that people tend to milk, or at least we're led to believe they milk, then yeah fair enough.
If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 22:10 - Feb 19 with 6323 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 21:37 - Feb 19 by AdmiralFunge

What's the story behind Number 3, Rommers?

I think it's a lovely idea - but don't know anyone, either personally, or professionally, who's deaf. Being blunt, it seems like a mis-allocation of resources.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2017 21:37]

Not a story really but just something I saw on Facebook last week. A guy dressed up as santa had a deaf girl see him. Like in a miracle on 34th street, the santa guy spoke to the girl because he happened to know sign language.

At that point it just made me wonder why people don't know sign language.

In schools, French or Spanish is taught to a certain level but why not sign language.

That's it really Admiral
[Post edited 19 Feb 2017 22:15]

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 22:13 - Feb 19 with 6303 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 21:46 - Feb 19 by Sarge

From what I've heard with jobseekers aren't you expected to spend all of your time applying for any and every job going, so seems like doing some random job for the sake of it wold be getting away from that. After all it's only supposed to be a stop gap to get you back into work asap.

Stuff like litter picking is usually the preserve of people on community service. I think worse off people are already demonised enough with conservative led governments that lumping them in with criminals seems unfair.

Of course if you mean the benefits that people tend to milk, or at least we're led to believe they milk, then yeah fair enough.

I'd have been entitled to benefits whilst unemployed but exactly the point you make is a reason I decided against it.

Id be expected to get any job even though I've been holding out for something beneficial for the future.

So I didn't claim benefits

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 22:13 - Feb 19 with 6302 viewsWD19

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 22:10 - Feb 19 by The_Romford_Blue

Not a story really but just something I saw on Facebook last week. A guy dressed up as santa had a deaf girl see him. Like in a miracle on 34th street, the santa guy spoke to the girl because he happened to know sign language.

In schools, French or Spanish is taught to a certain level but why not sign language.

That's it really Admiral

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 22:15 - Feb 19 with 6295 viewsRyorry

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 21:24 - Feb 19 by FrowsyArmLarry

Over a quarter of uk power is from renewables so we are getting there. In the meantime exploiting our own gas reserves instead of importing it makes a lot of sense.

It makes no earthly sense whatsoever on any level - do a bit of research.

Perhaps Third Energy should drill a few wells within a mile of you; you'd rapidly change your mind.

Anyway, don't want to hijack the thread & I need food.

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 22:15 - Feb 19 with 6283 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 22:13 - Feb 19 by WD19

I've realised why you are cracking up

Edited it. Bl00dy typo haha

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 22:19 - Feb 19 with 6264 viewsvapour_trail

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 22:10 - Feb 19 by The_Romford_Blue

That's it really Admiral

More people speak Spanish and French than bsl, I guess.

I can sign a bit. When I was a fundraiser, I went to the deaf tv and film awards. Deaf Baftas. Fecking violent it was. All those hand movements translate into punches when you're pissed.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024