Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? 13:43 - Feb 18 with 27839 viewsTractorWood

I'll start:

1. No keypad tones are allowed on phones in any public situation. £500 fine
2. Physical cash to be phased out.
3. Nationwide education on how to use the word done.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2017 13:44]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 13:35 - Feb 20 with 1167 viewsBogblue

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 22:10 - Feb 19 by The_Romford_Blue

Not a story really but just something I saw on Facebook last week. A guy dressed up as santa had a deaf girl see him. Like in a miracle on 34th street, the santa guy spoke to the girl because he happened to know sign language.

At that point it just made me wonder why people don't know sign language.

In schools, French or Spanish is taught to a certain level but why not sign language.

That's it really Admiral
[Post edited 19 Feb 2017 22:15]

good call
If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 13:38 - Feb 20 with 1159 viewsTollycobbold

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 13:30 - Feb 20 by TractorWood

I don't think you've quite grasped the concepts. Banks have denied people access to cash before. https://www.theguardian.com/money/2015/sep/12/big-cash-withdrawals-bank-barclays

I grasp it fully. If you already have the cash you can spend it. If it is just they say so of a card, you are screwed
If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 13:39 - Feb 20 with 1151 viewsgiant_stow

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 13:38 - Feb 20 by Tollycobbold

I grasp it fully. If you already have the cash you can spend it. If it is just they say so of a card, you are screwed

Ban cash = ban freedom

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 13:45 - Feb 20 with 1134 viewsTollycobbold

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 13:39 - Feb 20 by giant_stow

Ban cash = ban freedom

Look even Ulla gets it. It's not that difficult.
If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 13:46 - Feb 20 with 1132 viewsJ2BLUE

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 13:30 - Feb 20 by TractorWood

I don't think you've quite grasped the concepts. Banks have denied people access to cash before. https://www.theguardian.com/money/2015/sep/12/big-cash-withdrawals-bank-barclays

He's right. It's a terrible idea. You wouldn't be able to buy cup of coffee without leaving a trail. I know, I know, if you haven't got anything to hide etc etc. What about in America? If that was cashless and Trump was given a list of 'suspected illegal aliens' he could cut them off from their money with an executive order.

In some places they currently have negative interest rates. If all money was electronic they could make interest rates -5% and you'd have to quickly spend your savings or watch your net worth plummet over the years.

In Cyprus they had bail-ins. They could do that as well whenever they wanted to.

In America the people on electronic food stamps (I think they are called EBT cards or something) couldn't use them for a while as the system went down. They went mental and stole what they wanted instead.

In this country it's not really uncommon for certain debit cards to go down which would leave you with nothing for a while. I now carry cash with me in one of these:

Would you want a debit card based system or are you an advocate for microchipping?
[Post edited 20 Feb 2017 13:54]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 13:48 - Feb 20 with 1123 viewsgiant_stow

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 13:45 - Feb 20 by Tollycobbold

Look even Ulla gets it. It's not that difficult.

f'ckyou!!!!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 13:53 - Feb 20 with 1107 viewsTractorWood

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 13:46 - Feb 20 by J2BLUE

He's right. It's a terrible idea. You wouldn't be able to buy cup of coffee without leaving a trail. I know, I know, if you haven't got anything to hide etc etc. What about in America? If that was cashless and Trump was given a list of 'suspected illegal aliens' he could cut them off from their money with an executive order.

In some places they currently have negative interest rates. If all money was electronic they could make interest rates -5% and you'd have to quickly spend your savings or watch your net worth plummet over the years.

In Cyprus they had bail-ins. They could do that as well whenever they wanted to.

In America the people on electronic food stamps (I think they are called EBT cards or something) couldn't use them for a while as the system went down. They went mental and stole what they wanted instead.

In this country it's not really uncommon for certain debit cards to go down which would leave you with nothing for a while. I now carry cash with me in one of these:

Would you want a debit card based system or are you an advocate for microchipping?
[Post edited 20 Feb 2017 13:54]

Not sure where all these extravagant theories are coming from. Cash is already gone.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2017 13:56]

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 13:55 - Feb 20 with 1097 viewsJ2BLUE

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 13:53 - Feb 20 by TractorWood

Not sure where all these extravagant theories are coming from. Cash is already gone.

Yes. It might be able to track my location but it can't track what i'm buying. Why erode another freedom?

Why not answer any of the other points I made?

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 13:56 - Feb 20 with 1095 viewsTollycobbold

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 13:48 - Feb 20 by giant_stow

f'ckyou!!!!

Are you in season? You wanted to do Vapour earlier now you want to mount me?
If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 13:57 - Feb 20 with 1091 viewsTollycobbold

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 13:53 - Feb 20 by TractorWood

That's a shame I have a huge wad of it here.
If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 13:58 - Feb 20 with 1087 viewsTractorWood

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 13:55 - Feb 20 by J2BLUE

Yes. It might be able to track my location but it can't track what i'm buying. Why erode another freedom?

Why not answer any of the other points I made?

I can only answer questions, your points are hypothetical scenarios peripherally associated to reality.

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 13:59 - Feb 20 with 1080 viewsJ2BLUE

If by extravagant theories you mean things which have actually happened or could realistically happen then sure...

You seem to be the only one who knows cash is now illegal. Even the treasury are making new £10 notes and £1 coins to be released later this year. The fools.

Truly impaired.

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 14:00 - Feb 20 with 1065 viewsJ2BLUE

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 13:58 - Feb 20 by TractorWood

I can only answer questions, your points are hypothetical scenarios peripherally associated to reality.

I made five points. One was hypothetical.

Truly impaired.

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 14:00 - Feb 20 with 1064 viewsTractorWood

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 13:57 - Feb 20 by Tollycobbold

That's a shame I have a huge wad of it here.

Congratulations on your insurance risk.

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 14:03 - Feb 20 with 1048 viewsTollycobbold

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 14:00 - Feb 20 by TractorWood

Congratulations on your insurance risk.

You mean insurance that rarely pays out anyway? I'd rather have the cash here.
If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 14:04 - Feb 20 with 1047 viewsgiant_stow

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 13:58 - Feb 20 by TractorWood

"hypothetical scenarios peripherally associated to reality"

You just said cash is already gone and J2's only loosely associated with reality?!

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 14:04 - Feb 20 with 1041 viewsgiant_stow

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 13:56 - Feb 20 by Tollycobbold

Are you in season? You wanted to do Vapour earlier now you want to mount me?

You got the more sweary version, so you should feel honoured.

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 14:11 - Feb 20 with 1026 viewsTractorWood

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 13:59 - Feb 20 by J2BLUE

If by extravagant theories you mean things which have actually happened or could realistically happen then sure...

You seem to be the only one who knows cash is now illegal. Even the treasury are making new £10 notes and £1 coins to be released later this year. The fools.

None of the scenarios mentioned have happened. Facets of them are plausible or have elements of holistic truth in isolation.

I'm not talking about your ability to use cash in the short term. I'm talking about it as an overarching, cornerstone of our economy. Sorry to be so binary.

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 14:15 - Feb 20 with 1015 viewsJ2BLUE

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 14:11 - Feb 20 by TractorWood

None of the scenarios mentioned have happened. Facets of them are plausible or have elements of holistic truth in isolation.

I'm not talking about your ability to use cash in the short term. I'm talking about it as an overarching, cornerstone of our economy. Sorry to be so binary.

Are you saying there aren't negative interest rates anywhere, that the EBT card thing didn't happen, that no debit cards have ever temporarily stopped working and that there were no bail ins in Cyprus from personal bank accounts?

Also could you answer the debit card or microchip question?

I'll find you evidence of all this when I come back. I'm off out. With cash.

Truly impaired.

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 16:06 - Feb 20 with 959 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 13:12 - Feb 20 by Tollycobbold

Are you mental?

If money is just electronic, you can be denied access to it at will. Good luck with that world

But didn't you know that cash is for drug dealers and tax evaders only !!? Watch out it's coming drip by drip and this will be/is the psychology that is used to justify it .

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 16:13 - Feb 20 with 946 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 13:39 - Feb 20 by giant_stow

Ban cash = ban freedom

"Underneath the spreading chestnut tree........"

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 16:19 - Feb 20 with 937 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

How thoroughly modern of you....you'll realise how useful physical cash is if ever the internet goes down.....not that it ever could of course.

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 16:38 - Feb 20 with 910 viewsRoyKeanesDog

How on earth do you expect drug dealers to get by without cash in the world?

You haven't thought this through at all.

Poll: Best Football Song

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 16:41 - Feb 20 with 904 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 16:38 - Feb 20 by RoyKeanesDog

How on earth do you expect drug dealers to get by without cash in the world?

You haven't thought this through at all.

Drug dealers and the homeless ! (don't forget tax evaders! )

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 16:53 - Feb 20 with 885 viewsitfcjoe

If you were prime minister what trivial laws/initiatives would you bring in? on 16:41 - Feb 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

Drug dealers and the homeless ! (don't forget tax evaders! )

Cash is king.

I hate not having any, getting rid of it completely is far too Big Brother for me.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024