Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Play like that vs Norwich and we'll win 19:35 - Feb 18 with 1572 viewsLuk38644

Norwich are nothing special, beaten today by Burton Albion and Leeds are a better team than them, yet today we limited Leeds to very few chances, kept their top goalscorer quiet all game and played some great stuff of our own and probably should have won it!

Really optimistic and it's amazing what a difference 19 days and 4 games makes! All we wanted from Mick was to change it up because what was being served up clearly wasn't working, and I've always been intent that we had to change up how we were playing or change Mick, so I'm glad we've mixed things up and it's working.

Bart was barely tested today but has learnt how to domineer his box which is great to see. So glad to see Berra in a central role today - He's looked woeful when forced to play left of the back three and he plays at his best when he's in the centre of defence, not reliant on distribution and can have a proper battle with centre-forwards, and he kept Chris Wood in his pocket all game! Chambo needs an extended deal, he's a rock at the back in a three. Still not convinced Spence is better at RWB than Emmanuel and he was beaten far too easily on the back post for Dallas to score, needs to be having that ball out ASAP rather than worrying about the attacker, and he's similar to Knudsen in that he's a defence minded full-back. Speaking of Knudsen, he looks very effective in that back three. Kenlock had no joy going forward today and that's a credit to Leeds RB (Ayling) rather than Kenlock's fault.

Skuse was OK today but I feel we lacked Diagouraga's physical presence in the middle at times. Would probably drop Skuse for Diagouraga next week, mainly because Huws and Ward were excellent in midfield. Two midfielders that get forward, help defend and kick us ticking over. It was nice to see Huws drive forward to the edge of the box, Ward pick it up and cross it for Sears goal. A goal supplied by central midfield, something we've missed for far too long!

McGoldrick and Sears were very good today. That looks like a good partnership in the making and, let's face it, Lawrence won't be here come June, so let's look from within the club for a McG partner rather than just go and buy someone. Sears looked back to him old self; Lingering on the last shoulder of Bartley, looked to use pace to get in behind and some of McG's passes and link up play was fantastic to watch, he's such a class act, I'd pay for a season ticket to watch him do run the game for 90 minutes every week. Love him. The outside of the foot pass to Sears and then his dinked effort from 8yards and hit the bar were exquisite. I'm running out of superlatives for that man.

Bish and Moore didn't really have time to make an impression but Bishop made two attempts to chase the Leeds defence and then gave up... why? You're 19/20 and playing in front of 7 other players, just run your a*se off for 10minutes and make an impression. Bru was OK, helped make simple passes and there was one lovely lobbed ball to Sears in the box which was delightful.

Good atmosphere too today. It always is vs Leeds but it's really evident that, when we play with intent to pass and attack, we'll get behind them when we concede and need a boost.

Credit to Mick though, he's stuck with this system, brought in Huws and Diagouraga who look impressive additions and we have picked up three more points this month than I though we would, let's hope we can make that another three points next week at the Scum! This is the best chance in a while we've had to beat them, let's go for it!
Play like that vs Norwich and we'll win on 19:38 - Feb 18 with 1550 viewsmccarthy2017

Norwich have better players than Leeds but have majorly underperformed. If their best 11 are all up for it they have far too much for us. However they have 6 or 7 injuries at the moment which in my book give us a chance
Play like that vs Norwich and we'll win on 20:43 - Feb 18 with 1435 views3_5_2

Spot on Luke. Agree totally.

Just Dave in for Skuse on Sunday and let's have a go at them.

Love to see old warty face explaining a loss on sky v itfc for a change !

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Play like that vs Norwich and we'll win on 21:26 - Feb 18 with 1346 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Play like that vs Norwich and we'll win on 19:38 - Feb 18 by mccarthy2017

Norwich have better players than Leeds but have majorly underperformed. If their best 11 are all up for it they have far too much for us. However they have 6 or 7 injuries at the moment which in my book give us a chance

Budgie how are you still here

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Play like that vs Norwich and we'll win on 23:38 - Feb 18 with 1226 viewsbournemouthblue

Play like that vs Norwich and we'll win on 19:38 - Feb 18 by mccarthy2017

just as they did for Burton :D

We will see, we're fairly stubborn again, a bit more quality upfront and we'd be a good bet for the play-offs next season imho

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Play like that vs Norwich and we'll win on 23:49 - Feb 18 with 1176 viewsIllinoisblue

I fear we're getting ahead of ourselves; have you seen their home record? Without Lawrence I think we'll do well to get a draw. But obviously hope we fooking smash them

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Play like that vs Norwich and we'll win on 16:20 - Feb 19 with 896 viewsLuk38644

Play like that vs Norwich and we'll win on 23:49 - Feb 18 by Illinoisblue

I fear we're getting ahead of ourselves; have you seen their home record? Without Lawrence I think we'll do well to get a draw. But obviously hope we fooking smash them

I am probably getting ahead of myself and realise they have very good home form but I just feel that this is our best chance of beating them for quite a while.

Would love to see McGoldrick play a blinder and tear them a new ar*e!
Play like that vs Norwich and we'll win on 16:32 - Feb 19 with 874 viewsPilgrimblue

Play like that vs Norwich and we'll win on 16:20 - Feb 19 by Luk38644

I am probably getting ahead of myself and realise they have very good home form but I just feel that this is our best chance of beating them for quite a while.

Would love to see McGoldrick play a blinder and tear them a new ar*e!

I agree that McG is key. Just hope he will put his foot through it rather than tap and place as it gives keepers more time. Also Freddie looks like he'll be up for it and could be a handfull.
However it's essential Dave comes back for Skuse and that Ward/Huws continue in their central roles otherwise Naawich will be bossing the middle
Play like that vs Norwich and we'll win on 16:39 - Feb 19 with 851 viewsNo9

The key to winning this game (as always) is in winning the midfield. The budgies are very strong in this area with Howson/ Hooolihan & Pritchard + they have some good reserves for those slots.

Jerome Isn't a good striker but he is crafty.

The defence acan be beaten but they are not dummies

It really depends on whether Alex Neil can outwit MM bearing in mind they are strong on their home turf.

They have the blagging rights = MM has never beaten a budgie team since he arrived at PR
Login to get fewer ads

Play like that vs Norwich and we'll win on 18:17 - Feb 19 with 772 viewshoppy

On the contrary, I think Norwich are a bit 'special', particularly a large majority of their fans anyway.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024