Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. 00:39 - Feb 19 with 6885 viewsunstableblue

And yes it's Fox.. is brilliantly insightful and worth sharing

Do you know that he said Hillary sold 20% of uranium to Russia - it simply didn't happen.

His fake news tactic is like a dictatorship

[Edit]Switched to General from Football[/Edit]

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Ipswich won't be able to play the 2023/24 season... on 16:08 - Feb 19 with 1608 viewsunstableblue

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 15:44 - Feb 19 by PhilTWTD

Can posters stick posts in the right categories? Some users only want to see football-related posts. Thanks.

.... due to the 3rd world war being fought across the globe, initiated in some part by the Trump Presidency, causing all men under 30 to be conscripted to fight in a form of twisted crusade, thus cancelling all professional sport.. The right wing fascist UK government will use Portman Road to house 'liberals' in open cages on the pitch, forcd to listen to Nigel Farage speeches on giant screens hanging from the decaying North Stand.

So in some ways my original post did have a football theme underpinning it.

Open your mind Phil.

Or perhaps I could just press the right button next time.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 16:26 - Feb 19 with 1565 viewsGlasgowBlue

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 15:13 - Feb 19 by sparks

Which really hasnt been the case from the US side under Obama, despite Clinton's position in that administration.

Russia on the other hand have been forcibly annexing neighbours... There is an issue here, and appeasement is a worrying approach in many ways.

Quite frankly though, some fear about locking horns with Russia (based on very little substance really) is not a good reason for supporting someone who is an egomaniac racist bigot, who denies science, denies climate change, and is intent on provoking both the chinese and the Islamic world in a much less subtle manner than Clinton would ever have dreamt of provoking russia.

You seem to be under the impression that I am supporting Trump.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 16:30 - Feb 19 with 1562 viewsGlasgowBlue

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 15:34 - Feb 19 by gordon

There's very little chance of Trump being impeached and removed from office - and if he were removed from office or he was assassinated, the resulting civil unrest in America would be extremely violent/unpredictable. Can't think how that could possibly be better for anyone.

I've maintained that Trump will not be President this time next year. I still believe that.

Incidentally there was a very good article in the Spectator recently about whether he would be assassinated, ousted in a coup or just impeached.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/01/will-donald-trump-be-assassinated-ousted-in-a

According to the article there is genuine talk of a coup.

Iron Lion Zion

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 16:39 - Feb 19 with 1550 viewssparks

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 16:26 - Feb 19 by GlasgowBlue

You seem to be under the impression that I am supporting Trump.

Your position, iirc, was that he was preferable to Clinton on some sort of pragmatic grounds, because of a somewhat tenuous suggestion that Clinton was rushing to start WW3 with Russia. I say that is a deeply flawed position to take.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 16:53 - Feb 19 with 1521 viewsGlasgowBlue

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 16:39 - Feb 19 by sparks

Your position, iirc, was that he was preferable to Clinton on some sort of pragmatic grounds, because of a somewhat tenuous suggestion that Clinton was rushing to start WW3 with Russia. I say that is a deeply flawed position to take.

You may hold the opinion that my suggestion is flawed. It's one that cannot be proven as Clinton didn't win.

But me believing that one outcome is slightly more preferable to another doesn't constitute support.

I don't want the flu and I don't want ebola. But given the choice of either I would take the flu.

Iron Lion Zion

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 16:57 - Feb 19 with 1524 viewsNo9

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 16:30 - Feb 19 by GlasgowBlue

I've maintained that Trump will not be President this time next year. I still believe that.

Incidentally there was a very good article in the Spectator recently about whether he would be assassinated, ousted in a coup or just impeached.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/01/will-donald-trump-be-assassinated-ousted-in-a

The Spectator (again)?

As he continues with his controversial policies he is getting more & more popular with middle America
Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 17:25 - Feb 19 with 1507 viewsRaedwald_625

Entertainment value slightly eclipses his ignorance.

Imagine how dull it would have been with Clinton.
Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 17:43 - Feb 19 with 1473 viewsGlasgowBlue

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 16:57 - Feb 19 by No9

The Spectator (again)?

As he continues with his controversial policies he is getting more & more popular with middle America

What is your problem with me linking an article from the Spectator? Too many words and not enough pictures for you?
[Post edited 19 Feb 2017 17:46]

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 18:18 - Feb 19 with 1446 viewssparks

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 16:53 - Feb 19 by GlasgowBlue

You may hold the opinion that my suggestion is flawed. It's one that cannot be proven as Clinton didn't win.

But me believing that one outcome is slightly more preferable to another doesn't constitute support.

I don't want the flu and I don't want ebola. But given the choice of either I would take the flu.

I'm not suggesting that. I'm suggesting your purported reasons for considering trumpt he lesser of evils, don't seem sound- given the clear damage he is capable of doing to the world, and has actively pursued already.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 18:25 - Feb 19 with 1421 viewsGlasgowBlue

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 18:18 - Feb 19 by sparks

I'm not suggesting that. I'm suggesting your purported reasons for considering trumpt he lesser of evils, don't seem sound- given the clear damage he is capable of doing to the world, and has actively pursued already.

"Quite frankly though, some fear about locking horns with Russia (based on very little substance really) is not a good reason for supporting someone..."

Iron Lion Zion

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 18:33 - Feb 19 with 1409 viewssparks

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 18:25 - Feb 19 by GlasgowBlue

"Quite frankly though, some fear about locking horns with Russia (based on very little substance really) is not a good reason for supporting someone..."

Thats a semantic swerve GB.

You supported him in the sense that he was your preferred option. My entire argument is that it is not a sound piece of reasoning to reach the view that he is the preferable option, based on the evidence.

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 18:41 - Feb 19 with 1380 viewsGlasgowBlue

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 18:33 - Feb 19 by sparks

Thats a semantic swerve GB.

You supported him in the sense that he was your preferred option. My entire argument is that it is not a sound piece of reasoning to reach the view that he is the preferable option, based on the evidence.

What exactly have I swerved?

Iron Lion Zion

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 18:48 - Feb 19 with 1367 viewsSwansea_Blue

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 02:50 - Feb 19 by Ryorry

I keep saying it, but Scottish people have known this for many years -

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/nov/03/youve-been-trumped-too-fil

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1943873/

I can hear the response to that now: 'FAKE NOOS, FAKE NOOS!!' Or something like that.

I always though Farage was a slimy, smarmy, manipulative turd. But Mr Trump takes it to a whole new level.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 18:58 - Feb 19 with 1345 viewsgordon

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 16:30 - Feb 19 by GlasgowBlue

That article is about a month old. The backlash against those republicans who voted to impeach trump would be so strong it just wouldn't be politically acceptable, unless there was a smoking gun of a quite unprecedented nature. It's Trump for 4 years, unless he gets bored or fed up with all the fake news.
Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 19:28 - Feb 19 with 1318 viewssparks

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 18:41 - Feb 19 by GlasgowBlue

What exactly have I swerved?

I wasnt arguing about the word "support" but rather that the assessment you made was not sound on the evidence. Instead of dealign with that you wanted to object to use of the word "support".

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 20:40 - Feb 19 with 1276 viewsconnorscontract

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 13:51 - Feb 19 by BanksterDebtSlave

Seems to me that democracy is increasingly a choice over whether to let somebody cr@p in your mouth or puke into it !
Re the original footage, has it been "demonstrably shown that 'the Russians' (whatever that means) hacked the DNC" or has it just been said so many times that it must be true ? Genuinely unsure...I've certainly not seen it (unless it's simply the claim that American security sources say so ! )....but I may have missed it.

Edit...for clarity IMO Trump is a total head case/sociopath/psycho....no wonder he's doing so well really....the world is made for him !

[Post edited 19 Feb 2017 13:54]

There was a cyber attack on the Democratic Party.

Emails were then leaked.

Trump actively encouraged Russian hackers to do this, in televised comments.

All of the above is a matter of record.

The NIA says it has proof that Russian hackers were involved. Their Head at the time was backing Trump and briefing against Hillary. Both of these statements are matters of record. The second of the two makes it more likely that the first isn't a lie.

So I haven't seen the briefing. Very few people have. But several senior Republican politicians who have seen it have stated that the Russians are involved and there are figures within senior Republican circles stating that Trump has questions to answer re his pre-election link with the Russians.

That's Republican politicians, in addition to Democrats.
Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 21:16 - Feb 19 with 1263 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 20:40 - Feb 19 by connorscontract

There was a cyber attack on the Democratic Party.

Emails were then leaked.

Trump actively encouraged Russian hackers to do this, in televised comments.

All of the above is a matter of record.

The NIA says it has proof that Russian hackers were involved. Their Head at the time was backing Trump and briefing against Hillary. Both of these statements are matters of record. The second of the two makes it more likely that the first isn't a lie.

So I haven't seen the briefing. Very few people have. But several senior Republican politicians who have seen it have stated that the Russians are involved and there are figures within senior Republican circles stating that Trump has questions to answer re his pre-election link with the Russians.

That's Republican politicians, in addition to Democrats.

So I would suggest that does not qualify as "demonstrably true", more a matter of taking it on faith from politicians and security sources. The fact that the DNC were caught out using their party machinery to discredit Sanders and do all they could to get Trump to win the Republican primary (as Hillary couldn't possibly lose to him) leaves me questioning my faith in them for starters.
Also, and you may call me a cynic, in my lifetime there has always appeared to be the need for mainstream politicians (and by their nature, security services) to require a 'bogey man'....USSR...Al Qaeda...ISIS....Russia....and conveniently as one is in the wane another conveniently sticks its head above the parapet. The same holds for all sides and I would cynically suggest it serves to keep us plebs suitably scared and subservient. Oh and there's also a tidy amount of dosh to be made by Lockheed, British Aerospace, Boeing, Rumsfelt etc....but it's probably nothing !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 21:54 - Feb 19 with 1224 viewscaught-in-limbo

About Clinton and Uranium, is this not true then, was it fake news back in April 2015?

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russi

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 21:59 - Feb 19 with 1221 viewsunstableblue

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 21:54 - Feb 19 by caught-in-limbo

About Clinton and Uranium, is this not true then, was it fake news back in April 2015?

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russi

Yes that story is true and well reported.

Trump stated that Clinton had sold 20% of US uranium reserves to the Russians, which is not true, the deal,related to ownership of a Canadian company only.

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 22:55 - Feb 19 with 1191 viewscaught-in-limbo

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 21:59 - Feb 19 by unstableblue

Yes that story is true and well reported.

Trump stated that Clinton had sold 20% of US uranium reserves to the Russians, which is not true, the deal,related to ownership of a Canadian company only.

But the Canadian company owned uranium rich land in three US states, equating to 20% of US reserves.

There's more about it here:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-04-23/how-putin-s-russia-gained-con

I don't see how Trumps claim is wrong even if the hilarious conspiracy busting outfit called Snopes says it is.

#toxic

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 23:09 - Feb 19 with 1181 viewslowhouseblue

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 22:55 - Feb 19 by caught-in-limbo

But the Canadian company owned uranium rich land in three US states, equating to 20% of US reserves.

There's more about it here:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-04-23/how-putin-s-russia-gained-con

I don't see how Trumps claim is wrong even if the hilarious conspiracy busting outfit called Snopes says it is.

it's not that hard to find out about this:

http://www.vox.com/world/2017/2/17/14649980/trump-clinton-russia-uranium

why are you so keen to take up every negative myth about hilary clinton? .... hmmm

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 00:19 - Feb 20 with 1134 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Trump is still acting like he is in the middle of an election campaign and hasn't got half of his staff in place to run the country. It will crumble (potentially). I'd be interested to hear what the pub talk is among his supporters/voters in other parts of the country. Everyone I know in the city has always hated him but surely people in the sticks and south wondering what they've voted for after his first month in charge.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2017 0:20]
Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 00:25 - Feb 20 with 1122 viewscaught-in-limbo

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 23:09 - Feb 19 by lowhouseblue

it's not that hard to find out about this:

http://www.vox.com/world/2017/2/17/14649980/trump-clinton-russia-uranium

why are you so keen to take up every negative myth about hilary clinton? .... hmmm

hahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahha hahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahha hahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahha hahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahha hahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahha hahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahha hahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahha hahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahha

That's really funny. You dismiss a Bloomberg report in favour of "neo-liberal-con" ex-WaPo journal Ezra Klein's online Vox magazine which bases its findings on a report carried out by Tampa Bay Times owned "politifact.com" - which runs a "Truth-O-Meter" rating of US politicians comments on a scale from "True" for completely accurate statements to "Pants on Fire" .

LOL

I don't like linking wikipedia, but there are some choice quotes on there about politifact.com:

"A writer with the right-leaning Human Events claimed that after looking at Politifact's work on a case-by-case basis a pattern emerged whereby Politifact critiqued straw man claims; that is, "dismissed the speaker’s claim, made up a different claim and checked that instead".

The conservative magazine noted Politifact's use of language such as "[although the speaker] used [a specific] phrase […] in his claim, [it] could fairly be interpreted to mean [something more general that is false]".

Human Events cited Bryan White's PolitiFactBias blog to state that "from the end of that partnership [with the Congressional Quarterly] to the end of 2011, the national PolitiFact operation has issued 119 Pants on Fire ratings for Republican or conservative claims, and only 13 for liberal or Democratic claims".

hmmmm

lol

#toxic

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 08:27 - Feb 20 with 1025 viewslowhouseblue

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 00:25 - Feb 20 by caught-in-limbo

hahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahha hahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahha hahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahha hahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahha hahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahha hahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahha hahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahha hahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahha

That's really funny. You dismiss a Bloomberg report in favour of "neo-liberal-con" ex-WaPo journal Ezra Klein's online Vox magazine which bases its findings on a report carried out by Tampa Bay Times owned "politifact.com" - which runs a "Truth-O-Meter" rating of US politicians comments on a scale from "True" for completely accurate statements to "Pants on Fire" .

LOL

I don't like linking wikipedia, but there are some choice quotes on there about politifact.com:

"A writer with the right-leaning Human Events claimed that after looking at Politifact's work on a case-by-case basis a pattern emerged whereby Politifact critiqued straw man claims; that is, "dismissed the speaker’s claim, made up a different claim and checked that instead".

The conservative magazine noted Politifact's use of language such as "[although the speaker] used [a specific] phrase […] in his claim, [it] could fairly be interpreted to mean [something more general that is false]".

Human Events cited Bryan White's PolitiFactBias blog to state that "from the end of that partnership [with the Congressional Quarterly] to the end of 2011, the national PolitiFact operation has issued 119 Pants on Fire ratings for Republican or conservative claims, and only 13 for liberal or Democratic claims".

hmmmm

lol

and content of the article?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 08:41 - Feb 20 with 1014 viewsitfcjoe

Trump is completely out of control... this Fox piece.. on 10:34 - Feb 19 by feelingblue

No, it is not surprising that they are good at it. (I am sure that there are people in the US who are just as good)

Two reasons

1. The old eastern/central european countries have an ongoing tradition of valuing, encouraging and providing good scientific and technical education. (As do China, Japan, Korea and to a lesser extent India.) That is one reason why you see so many Poles, Hungarians and Bulgarians in UK IT development centres and so many Asians in US development centres.

2. Until the fall of the Berlin Wall, the old Soviet Empire companies were denied access to US, Japanese and European computer technology. They got hold of computers and cloned them, but had to develop their own deep technical expertise at machine code and OS level to support and maintain them. When we first started to go to Russia, Poland, Czech, Hungary in the ealry '90s we were astonished at the number of people who were quite happy to dive into OS, NDL type code without a care in the world.

I worked for a company who were looking for a new engine for a piece of functionality we had - spoke to an Irish company whos product was the nuts and they said they had brought in a load of Russian coders a few years back who were just so superior.

Because they had worked behind the wall, with little technology their code had to be so tight because their machines were so poor that they could do anything lazily, every bit of it was streamlined as far as it could be otherwise they wouldn't be able to achieve anything.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024