Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has Mick won everyone over yet 08:48 - Feb 19 with 7493 viewsBluefish

Or are the modern fans still demanding a change?

We have repeatedly been told the following need to change and them they will support him

Entertaining football
Change the formation
Stop playing Douglas
Pick the young full backs
Change the midfield
Be less direct
Move chambers to the middle
Make us hard to beat
Get the feel good factor back

He has done everything that could be asked of him despite the requirements changing regularly but I expect there will be new requirements or it will be claimed as too late. The fact is these fans don't care about those things they just want a change because that is what happens in modern football. Keeping the manager is old school and not I line with the desperation for Premier league football at all costs.

Mick has turned us round after a horror show of a season with injuries. Yes he has been stubborn at times but he has pulled us thorough it and we look good.

Ups and down, thick and thin

Believe!

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Has Mick won everyone over yet on 08:53 - Feb 19 with 3450 viewstrncbluearmy

done enough for me, back on track
love to know how we managed to get into such a mess in the first place and still no evans fan
Has Mick won everyone over yet on 09:00 - Feb 19 with 3430 viewstextbackup

Personally it got too bad for him to change my opinion. It's only gotten better since his hand was forced with injuries, which is why I'm not entirely sure he can be held as the man that's turned us round.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Has Mick won everyone over yet on 09:04 - Feb 19 with 3394 viewsClausThomsen

It's one month - if it lasts till the end of the season then fair enough.

But this is still the same experienced managed that has spent the last 2 seasons "matching up" to and failing to create chances against the poorest of opposition, when we could have been playing round pegs in round holes all that time. The same manager that was outwitted by a PE teacher over 2 legs...

It's too little, too late. And I don't trust it will last.
Has Mick won everyone over yet on 09:09 - Feb 19 with 3366 viewsPinewoodblue

Town play the same next weekend, and take more of the chances created, and the pressure will be on Evans in the summer.

Mick now has a group of players, playing in a way that gets them full support from the fans. Something to build on next season. To do that requires us to make Huws and the lad from Leeds Town players AND then to make further investments by way of a couple of new signings.

Evsns will have to open his wallet a bit more.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Has Mick won everyone over yet on 09:11 - Feb 19 with 3354 viewsITFCBlues

Has Mick won everyone over yet on 09:00 - Feb 19 by textbackup

Personally it got too bad for him to change my opinion. It's only gotten better since his hand was forced with injuries, which is why I'm not entirely sure he can be held as the man that's turned us round.

Good god.

Who's been injured that's forced his hand?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Has Mick won everyone over yet on 09:15 - Feb 19 with 3326 viewstextbackup

Has Mick won everyone over yet on 09:11 - Feb 19 by ITFCBlues

Good god.

Who's been injured that's forced his hand?

Skuse, Berra.... Good god don't you follow?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Has Mick won everyone over yet on 09:19 - Feb 19 with 3298 viewsTractorWood

Shame it took 10 months of everyone saying the same thing for it to happen though. The loan factor is the single greatest issue, we look good at the moment but will it be change places in the summer?
[Post edited 19 Feb 2017 9:21]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Has Mick won everyone over yet on 09:24 - Feb 19 with 3272 viewsmuccletonjoe

I think more to the point is will mick want to stay?. If it was me i would be saying to Evans "i want huws and diagouraga as a minimum investment in the team". Lawrence is probably out of our range. But unless i got that assurance i would be off because he is on a hiding to nothing.
Login to get fewer ads

Has Mick won everyone over yet on 09:32 - Feb 19 with 3227 viewsjas0999

This season we were supposedly meant to be challenging for promotion. Our league position is therefore disappointing. We have however just seen four promising performances. Results okay but not great. Can't help but feel mick has been forced in to playing more attacking. The whinging and moaning of fans paid off - who who made the call? Was mick told to change his ways?

Equally, we have won just two games in all competitions in2017. Derby and Lincoln away shouldn't be swept under the carpet. Four good showings versus a very poor season. Still much to do in my opinion.
Has Mick won everyone over yet on 09:35 - Feb 19 with 3194 viewsjas0999

Has Mick won everyone over yet on 09:24 - Feb 19 by muccletonjoe

I think more to the point is will mick want to stay?. If it was me i would be saying to Evans "i want huws and diagouraga as a minimum investment in the team". Lawrence is probably out of our range. But unless i got that assurance i would be off because he is on a hiding to nothing.

... And Evans isn't even paying Huws full wages at the moment! The lad is covering some of it.
Has Mick won everyone over yet on 09:42 - Feb 19 with 3148 viewsDolly2.0

I agree with you Mr. Truce. I wanted Mick gone after Lincoln but he's won me back. We've played really well in the last few games. However that's happened I'm not too bothered. He continues to produce miracles with the hand he's been dealt and I don't realistically see anyone who could do better.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Has Mick won everyone over yet on 09:44 - Feb 19 with 3140 viewsFtnfwest

Bit of a list to be wrong on in the first place. I'm very pleased things have changed though, but long term I don't expect too much to change.
Has Mick won everyone over yet on 10:00 - Feb 19 with 3063 viewsgerard1947

Has Mick won everyone over yet on 09:24 - Feb 19 by muccletonjoe

I think you are right. Mick may well decide to move on unless he gets better backing from ME. Perhaps he has already made his mind up. He may feel getting us to the Premier League is a near impossible task on current budgets. I also think the flak he has had recently has stung him.

He certainly will have several options open to him if he opts for a change. I'll be surprised he hasn't been gently tapped up already.
Has Mick won everyone over yet on 10:14 - Feb 19 with 2963 viewsmonty_radio

Has Mick won everyone over yet on 09:44 - Feb 19 by Ftnfwest

Bit of a list to be wrong on in the first place. I'm very pleased things have changed though, but long term I don't expect too much to change.

The crucial thing for years has been the midfield. Mick could see that as clearly as the fan in the stand. Now that we have one (albeit a loaned one) he looked to inject some pace, and introduced this system built on Lawrence, with Sears the obvious stand-in.

Does he believe in it? His history, and therefore ours, says no. I feel, and I note I'm not alone, that one good thrashing would see a reversion to type. Mick is more likely to be praising his current pragmatic intuition than to believe that he's found a style that has ultimately cracked it.

Having said that, I read that even the great Sir Alex said that you're no greater than your players. And with our best all being loanees, I think that Mick might still move on, especially now his recent results have posted a "told yer so" riposte to all his naysayers.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Has Mick won everyone over yet on 10:19 - Feb 19 with 2929 viewsFtnfwest

Has Mick won everyone over yet on 10:14 - Feb 19 by monty_radio

The crucial thing for years has been the midfield. Mick could see that as clearly as the fan in the stand. Now that we have one (albeit a loaned one) he looked to inject some pace, and introduced this system built on Lawrence, with Sears the obvious stand-in.

Does he believe in it? His history, and therefore ours, says no. I feel, and I note I'm not alone, that one good thrashing would see a reversion to type. Mick is more likely to be praising his current pragmatic intuition than to believe that he's found a style that has ultimately cracked it.

Having said that, I read that even the great Sir Alex said that you're no greater than your players. And with our best all being loanees, I think that Mick might still move on, especially now his recent results have posted a "told yer so" riposte to all his naysayers.

Indeed, although that's just it though he can't really say 'I told you so' to people because he's largely changed things to what they were wanting.
Has Mick won everyone over yet on 10:22 - Feb 19 with 2913 viewsITFC_Forever

It is much better.... far more like a team we can identify with.

If we continue to play like this and with the spirit we've shown recently in the long-term, then great.

My nagging doubt is that the much improved form is mainly down to a midfield and attacking midfielder built on loanees - Huws, Dave and Lawrence, so we need to either sign the that are realistic (Dave & Huws) or recruit to replace them with players of similar quality.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Has Mick won everyone over yet on 10:26 - Feb 19 with 2889 viewsKeaneish

Has Mick won everyone over yet on 09:19 - Feb 19 by TractorWood

Shame it took 10 months of everyone saying the same thing for it to happen though. The loan factor is the single greatest issue, we look good at the moment but will it be change places in the summer?
[Post edited 19 Feb 2017 9:21]

My thoughts exactly. The loans have offset the dead wood we're carrying and given our up turn has coincided with the form of Lawrence and addition of Toumani and Huws, it means another summer of upheaval unless we're able to sign all three.

To give Mick the big thumbs up after 4 decent displays given Derby was a horror show is very short sighted, but then again, that's the modern football fan!

A lot if us could see the issues months if not several seasons ago. The fact its taken a highly paid, experienced manager to finally concede a change was required which is far from congratulatory. However, the changes are paying dividends at the moment. 11 more points minimum for this season, some further resolve and decent displays at the tail end of the campaign and a clear out of the obvious characters will be a satisfactory end to a dismal year.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Has Mick won everyone over yet on 10:28 - Feb 19 with 2869 viewsJ2BLUE

I was 'won back' at 11pm on transfer deadline day when I realised he's in a boxing match with one arm tied behind his back and yet is somehow making us last 12 rounds each season.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Has Mick won everyone over yet on 10:29 - Feb 19 with 2851 viewsITFCBlues

Has Mick won everyone over yet on 09:15 - Feb 19 by textbackup

Skuse, Berra.... Good god don't you follow?

Berra has missed ONE game. Skuse played yesterday. Did we play badly?

Give him some credit?!

Has Mick won everyone over yet on 10:30 - Feb 19 with 2837 viewsITFCBlues

Has Mick won everyone over yet on 10:22 - Feb 19 by ITFC_Forever

It is much better.... far more like a team we can identify with.

If we continue to play like this and with the spirit we've shown recently in the long-term, then great.

My nagging doubt is that the much improved form is mainly down to a midfield and attacking midfielder built on loanees - Huws, Dave and Lawrence, so we need to either sign the that are realistic (Dave & Huws) or recruit to replace them with players of similar quality.

I'm not sure that 2m Huws is realistic?

Has Mick won everyone over yet on 10:31 - Feb 19 with 2831 viewsElderGrizzly

Has Mick won everyone over yet on 10:30 - Feb 19 by ITFCBlues

I'm not sure that 2m Huws is realistic?

Cardiff were prepared to swap Huws for Leon Best, but unfortunately Best was injured.

So unless Best is a £2m striker....
Has Mick won everyone over yet on 10:31 - Feb 19 with 2826 viewsITFCBlues

Has Mick won everyone over yet on 10:28 - Feb 19 by J2BLUE

I was 'won back' at 11pm on transfer deadline day when I realised he's in a boxing match with one arm tied behind his back and yet is somehow making us last 12 rounds each season.

Well said JC - that's exactly the point. We could go out and get Zola?

Ultimately, he's got no one to spend & yet we're mid-table. Things could be FAR worse

Has Mick won everyone over yet on 10:32 - Feb 19 with 2804 viewsITFCBlues

Has Mick won everyone over yet on 10:31 - Feb 19 by ElderGrizzly

Cardiff were prepared to swap Huws for Leon Best, but unfortunately Best was injured.

So unless Best is a £2m striker....

Swap- you mean loan? They wanted Best on loan...

Has Mick won everyone over yet on 10:32 - Feb 19 with 2799 viewscruncher

I think he has done what we all wanted got out midfield to run with the ball and play it on the ground it seems to be something he didn't want to do but now is reaping the rewards the change of style is a welcome sight if this continues so can McCarthy.
Has Mick won everyone over yet on 10:33 - Feb 19 with 2790 viewsElderGrizzly

He's going in the right direction, but it's 4 games in a 12 month period where we have been woeful.

My view is he is laying foundations for a new man in the summer. It may not make us better, but i think Mick wants a change and there is too much said and done by both sides for him to stay longer term.

Credit to him for changing it and recognising (finally) what was required to change it, but lets just judge in the summer and take it from there.

I'm back on the fence, rather than the Mickout side of it
[Post edited 19 Feb 2017 10:38]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024