Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know the transfer window is shut 10:47 - Feb 19 with 1819 viewscruncher

But if I was McCarthy I would tell Evans to start negotiations on Huws transfer to us before someone else comes in for him I am pretty sure off the record pre deals could be done he is breathe of fresh air to our midfield he carries the ball well and crosses great and he can play if we don't get him I'll be gutted.
I know the transfer window is shut on 11:06 - Feb 19 with 1768 viewsJ2BLUE

Preview of how it would go:

We want to sign Huws, how much?
£1m
We'll give you £150,000 over the next 3 years. £25,000 each transfer window
No
Oh go on!
No

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I know the transfer window is shut on 11:08 - Feb 19 with 1754 viewscruncher

I know the transfer window is shut on 11:06 - Feb 19 by J2BLUE

Preview of how it would go:

We want to sign Huws, how much?
£1m
We'll give you £150,000 over the next 3 years. £25,000 each transfer window
No
Oh go on!
No

That's the spirit.
I know the transfer window is shut on 11:10 - Feb 19 with 1742 viewsNo9

Huws was probaly marked at a few hundred thousand quid when he arrived, for those watching they would I'm sure see several noughts added to that.
A shrewd bit of business by Mr Warnock = a player he doesn't see a need for put into the shop window with a team needing to re-buid it's midfield.
I know the transfer window is shut on 11:13 - Feb 19 with 1721 viewsbournemouthblue

I know the transfer window is shut on 11:10 - Feb 19 by No9

Huws was probaly marked at a few hundred thousand quid when he arrived, for those watching they would I'm sure see several noughts added to that.
A shrewd bit of business by Mr Warnock = a player he doesn't see a need for put into the shop window with a team needing to re-buid it's midfield.

Warnock apparently wanted Best going the other way so there is definitely a deal to be done

Their form is picking up without him

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

I know the transfer window is shut on 11:18 - Feb 19 with 1707 viewsGuthrum

I agree, tho I'm not sure how much we're actually allowed to do ("tapping-up").

Also depends on the situation at Cardiff. Will Warnock still be there and want him? Or would a new manager, if appointed, let him go?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I know the transfer window is shut on 11:32 - Feb 19 with 1643 viewsPhilTWTD

I know the transfer window is shut on 11:18 - Feb 19 by Guthrum

I agree, tho I'm not sure how much we're actually allowed to do ("tapping-up").

Also depends on the situation at Cardiff. Will Warnock still be there and want him? Or would a new manager, if appointed, let him go?

They need to cut costs at Cardiff - Warnock said they were limited in what they could do in January due to FFP - so there may well be a deal to be done. Cardiff can't have too long left on their parachute payments.
I know the transfer window is shut on 11:35 - Feb 19 with 1609 viewscruncher

I know the transfer window is shut on 11:32 - Feb 19 by PhilTWTD

They need to cut costs at Cardiff - Warnock said they were limited in what they could do in January due to FFP - so there may well be a deal to be done. Cardiff can't have too long left on their parachute payments.

Do you Phil think we will get Huws permanent?
I know the transfer window is shut on 11:37 - Feb 19 with 1576 viewsElderGrizzly

Fairly sure they end this season.

Where have these £2m valuations of Huws come from btw? It appears some fans are almost placing him up there to soften the blow of not getting him.

Think it all depends if Warnock stays at Cardiff and MM stays here. Too many variables right now
Login to get fewer ads

I know the transfer window is shut on 11:40 - Feb 19 with 1552 viewsbournemouthblue

I know the transfer window is shut on 11:37 - Feb 19 by ElderGrizzly

Where have these £2m valuations of Huws come from btw? It appears some fans are almost placing him up there to soften the blow of not getting him.

Think it all depends if Warnock stays at Cardiff and MM stays here. Too many variables right now

Given their upturn in form, you'd have thought they'd want him longer?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

I know the transfer window is shut on 11:44 - Feb 19 with 1519 viewsPhilTWTD

I know the transfer window is shut on 11:35 - Feb 19 by cruncher

Do you Phil think we will get Huws permanent?

No idea, to be honest. As ElderGrizzly says, too many variables at the moment.
I know the transfer window is shut on 11:46 - Feb 19 with 1502 viewsPlums

Are you suggesting we act like other clubs? Wow, what a radical thought - can't see that happening. We should have done exactly the same with Hugill.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

I know the transfer window is shut on 11:48 - Feb 19 with 1491 viewstaximan

I know the transfer window is shut on 11:37 - Feb 19 by ElderGrizzly

is 2mill an unrealistic valuation ?

plenty of money in the championship these days

if he becomes available, you can be sure that other clubs will have noticed his performances for us
hopefully evans can get stuff sorted as soon as
I know the transfer window is shut on 11:53 - Feb 19 with 1461 viewsBent_double

So if we can get him, and assuming he wants to come here, will we all be praising FFP for working in our favour for once?

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

I know the transfer window is shut on 13:12 - Feb 19 with 1300 viewsElderGrizzly

I know the transfer window is shut on 11:40 - Feb 19 by bournemouthblue

Given their upturn in form, you'd have thought they'd want him longer?

Think it's more if he wants to stay. He's retired about 3 times i think?
I know the transfer window is shut on 13:14 - Feb 19 with 1287 viewsWickhamsLeftBoot

Not a complaint or anything but I find it amusing how when we signed him, a majority of the board didn't want him, a Cardiff reject, poor signing etc, and now everyone wants him on a permamnent basis.
I know the transfer window is shut on 13:18 - Feb 19 with 1270 viewsjas0999

Unless there is a change in strategy, I doubt Evans will even match Huws current wage.
I know the transfer window is shut on 13:19 - Feb 19 with 1269 viewstaximan

I know the transfer window is shut on 13:14 - Feb 19 by WickhamsLeftBoot

Not a complaint or anything but I find it amusing how when we signed him, a majority of the board didn't want him, a Cardiff reject, poor signing etc, and now everyone wants him on a permamnent basis.

really ?

i must have missed that

thought many were just a bit p1ssed at him being yet another loan signing
I know the transfer window is shut on 13:29 - Feb 19 with 1239 viewsbraveblue

I know the transfer window is shut on 13:14 - Feb 19 by WickhamsLeftBoot

Where did you read that? People were down re a loan and lack of a striker.
I know the transfer window is shut on 13:39 - Feb 19 with 1201 viewsTownly

I know the transfer window is shut on 13:29 - Feb 19 by braveblue

Stop gap.

Will be far too expensive.
I know the transfer window is shut on 13:43 - Feb 19 with 1182 viewsBigalhunter

I know the transfer window is shut on 13:18 - Feb 19 by jas0999

Unless there is a change in strategy, I doubt Evans will even match Huws current wage.

You didn't seem terribly excited when news of Huw's loan broke...

jas0999 added 22:15 - Jan 31
Absolute disgrace, get out McCarthy. Evans you are an absolute, well ...
- See more at: http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/31093/town-sign-huws-on-loan-from-cardif

Still reckon it's an absolute disgrace he's here?
I know the transfer window is shut on 13:47 - Feb 19 with 1141 viewsNo9

I know the transfer window is shut on 11:13 - Feb 19 by bournemouthblue

Warnock apparently wanted Best going the other way so there is definitely a deal to be done

Their form is picking up without him

One would have thought that as MM was saying best will never play for Town again he would have tried to work up a swap deal?

I guess NW had Best with him last sesaon ?
I know the transfer window is shut on 13:48 - Feb 19 with 1130 viewsElderGrizzly

I know the transfer window is shut on 13:18 - Feb 19 by jas0999

I wouldn't necessary expect us to match the wages offered by a club who signed him while receiving huge parachute payments.

Some players and agents are still realistic
I know the transfer window is shut on 17:37 - Feb 19 with 944 viewsWickhamsLeftBoot

I know the transfer window is shut on 13:29 - Feb 19 by braveblue

A mixture of the board and the comments on the news story, 'Cardiff reject', 'another loanee', 'crap player' to name a few.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024