Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
please no more posts on ex scum players being nice 12:05 - Feb 19 with 3988 viewsITFC_Blood

its derby week

i hate them
i hate the city
i hate every thing about them

coyb

Poll: Do you want Jewell sacked?
Blog: [Blog] Different Season, Same Problems

please no more posts on ex scum players being nice on 07:27 - Feb 21 with 790 viewsfeelingblue

please no more posts on ex scum players being nice on 23:55 - Feb 20 by StNeotsBlue

I know two Norwich fans and they are both thoroughly decent blokes, but Norwich fans as a collective I despise with a passion. It's irrational but that is the beauty of being a fan, if we're strictly rational we'd all be fans of top sides.

If we were strictly rational we would be fans of the nearest club to where we grew, the first club we went to see play or the club that our family has always supported. Any other reason is inadmissable.
I have no problem with Norwich fans on that basis. Most of them are Norfolk or Norfolk connected in a way that you would expect that most of our fans are Suffolk/N. Essex or connected to that area.
ManU 'fans' from Basingstoke, ManC 'fans' from Bury St Edmunds, Chelsea 'fans' from Bath, Arsenal 'fans' from Wisbech, those are the 'fans' who are ruining football
please no more posts on ex scum players being nice on 07:34 - Feb 21 with 781 viewsReuser_is_God

please no more posts on ex scum players being nice on 19:08 - Feb 20 by monytowbray

Used to work with Iwan Roberts' wife, used to always be up for a bit of BANTZ.

You can tell by my face in the Xmas do photo I was having a good time but also hated myself.

Stone Henge teeth.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

please no more posts on ex scum players being nice on 09:11 - Feb 21 with 757 viewsitfcjoe

please no more posts on ex scum players being nice on 16:56 - Feb 20 by mccarthy2017

The city centre is lovely.

There are obviously some rough areas but they pretty much equate to the nice areas of Ipswich

Whilst Norwich is nice, the second line is just absolute rubbish.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

please no more posts on ex scum players being nice on 09:15 - Feb 21 with 747 viewsitfcjoe

please no more posts on ex scum players being nice on 07:27 - Feb 21 by feelingblue

If we were strictly rational we would be fans of the nearest club to where we grew, the first club we went to see play or the club that our family has always supported. Any other reason is inadmissable.
I have no problem with Norwich fans on that basis. Most of them are Norfolk or Norfolk connected in a way that you would expect that most of our fans are Suffolk/N. Essex or connected to that area.
ManU 'fans' from Basingstoke, ManC 'fans' from Bury St Edmunds, Chelsea 'fans' from Bath, Arsenal 'fans' from Wisbech, those are the 'fans' who are ruining football

Whilst I agree to a certain point - if you live nowhere near a football club, or live somewhere without easy links to a football club what choice do you have. Especially if that club isn't in the top couple of divisions

Even somewhere like Wisbech is an arse ache to get to Peterborough who were a Div 4 side when I was growing up.

I was born in Ipswich so no excuse for me, but have mates born in places like Clacton who follow London clubs rather than Colchester because Colchester are rubbish and always have been

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

please no more posts on ex scum players being nice on 09:18 - Feb 21 with 744 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

please no more posts on ex scum players being nice on 09:11 - Feb 21 by itfcjoe

Whilst Norwich is nice, the second line is just absolute rubbish.

If you click on his profile, he only comments on posts about scum

He's a scummer

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

please no more posts on ex scum players being nice on 09:26 - Feb 21 with 740 viewsITFC_Forever

please no more posts on ex scum players being nice on 10:53 - Feb 20 by chevblue

Bryan Gunn. Enjoyed a long chat with him up at Playford Road several years ago. A true gentleman.

Yep, Gunny's a top man.

I used to deal with him through work when he worked in the NCFC sales office and would always have time for a friendly chat. I soon let him know where my loyalties lay and he would always remember and give and take some light-hearted bantz.

We took part in their corporate 6-a-side competition one year (on the main CR pitch - I've played there twice, both times with an ITFC shirt on underneath to protect me) and he was (or seemed) genuinely impressed with my efforts in goal.

He also saw me on the concourse of Liverpool St station after the England - Scotland Euro 2000 PO in November 1999 and he mentioned it the following week.... he decided against coming over to say hello as there was a group of us who he assumed were ITFC fans and didn't fancy getting a load of grief. I did assure him he would have been ok, all decent ITFC fans respect what he's done for charities and other than a bit of leg-pulling over the 1996 derby at PR, we'd have happily shared the journey home with him.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

please no more posts on ex scum players being nice on 23:08 - Feb 21 with 681 viewsBrettenhamBlue

please no more posts on ex scum players being nice on 09:26 - Feb 21 by ITFC_Forever

Yep, Gunny's a top man.

I used to deal with him through work when he worked in the NCFC sales office and would always have time for a friendly chat. I soon let him know where my loyalties lay and he would always remember and give and take some light-hearted bantz.

We took part in their corporate 6-a-side competition one year (on the main CR pitch - I've played there twice, both times with an ITFC shirt on underneath to protect me) and he was (or seemed) genuinely impressed with my efforts in goal.

He also saw me on the concourse of Liverpool St station after the England - Scotland Euro 2000 PO in November 1999 and he mentioned it the following week.... he decided against coming over to say hello as there was a group of us who he assumed were ITFC fans and didn't fancy getting a load of grief. I did assure him he would have been ok, all decent ITFC fans respect what he's done for charities and other than a bit of leg-pulling over the 1996 derby at PR, we'd have happily shared the journey home with him.

Think it's easy to get sucked into thinking Norwich - bad, Ipswich- good. We've had some great characters at our club, and so have they. For every Tyrone Mings there has been a Harry Toffolo. Easy to get wrapped up in "hate talk". if I saw Harry Toffolo I'd shake his hand while-heartedly given the amount of stuff he does outside football for dementia, homeless etc.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024