Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Evans waiting for English football to go bust. ? 12:55 - Feb 19 with 2121 viewsSchancheITFC

Thought this for a while. With the amount of clubs spending way above there means, clubs coming down from the premiership and struggling is he playing a clever game or not ? Ok Town are not in a great financial position by any means, but from what we're told it's being run well ?
Is Evans waiting for English football to go bust. ? on 12:59 - Feb 19 with 2095 viewsIllinoisblue

I think he's hoping/waiting for Premiership 2 to be formed.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Is Evans waiting for English football to go bust. ? on 13:10 - Feb 19 with 2054 viewsbournemouthblue

Is Evans waiting for English football to go bust. ? on 12:59 - Feb 19 by Illinoisblue

I think they're waiting on the QPR case

If FFP is shown to be toothless, we maybe able suggest the Football League have encouraged the club's sticking to it to be unfairly penalised?

We were one of few clubs to vote against the relaxing of the rules?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Is Evans waiting for English football to go bust. ? on 13:42 - Feb 19 with 1974 viewshochiblue

This is interesting reading, about Blackburn. A reminder that although things could be better for us, they could also be worse (see also Blackpool)!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/feb/18/blackburn-manchester-unite
Is Evans waiting for English football to go bust. ? on 13:48 - Feb 19 with 1934 viewsNo9

Is Evans waiting for English football to go bust. ? on 12:59 - Feb 19 by Illinoisblue

Hasn't his legal counsel said as much?
Is Evans waiting for English football to go bust. ? on 13:55 - Feb 19 with 1914 viewsRIPbobby

Looks like Leicester could go pop very soon.
Is Evans waiting for English football to go bust. ? on 13:58 - Feb 19 with 1902 viewsNo9

Is Evans waiting for English football to go bust. ? on 13:10 - Feb 19 by bournemouthblue

I think they're waiting on the QPR case

If FFP is shown to be toothless, we maybe able suggest the Football League have encouraged the club's sticking to it to be unfairly penalised?

We were one of few clubs to vote against the relaxing of the rules?

Interesting because if it coes to court cases I see the 'Owners' of QPR as having much more money than the FA & as MP's have already voted that the FA is not fit for purpose QPR could have an open goal.
Is Evans waiting for English football to go bust. ? on 14:50 - Feb 19 with 1815 viewsBent_double

Is Evans waiting for English football to go bust. ? on 13:42 - Feb 19 by hochiblue

This is interesting reading, about Blackburn. A reminder that although things could be better for us, they could also be worse (see also Blackpool)!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/feb/18/blackburn-manchester-unite

Scary, that could be us in 2 or 3 seasons if ME doesn't get it right in the summer.

There must be quite a few clubs hanging by a thread at the moment, the question is, will the QPR court case work in everyones favour, or against?

If QPR win, then FFP (in the Championship at least) is thrown out and agents and players continue to demand the kind of transfers and wages that only the richest clubs (ie those with parachute payments) can afford.

If the FL win will they come down hard on the offending clubs now, will players' wage demands drop as they realise that clubs can't afford their £10-20k a week, and the only alternative is sitting on the bench at a PL club but never getting a game?

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Is Evans waiting for English football to go bust. ? on 21:42 - Feb 19 with 1612 viewsbraveblue

Don't think he knows what he is doing.
Login to get fewer ads

Is Evans waiting for English football to go bust. ? on 07:51 - Feb 20 with 1434 viewsNo9

Is Evans waiting for English football to go bust. ? on 21:42 - Feb 19 by braveblue

Don't think he knows what he is doing.

I'm not so sure, with more austerity cuts to start biting soon + inflation + increases in Council Tax & business rates a lot of people may find themselves a bit strapped for cash next season and gates receipts may fall even further as a greater No. of supporters pass into the 'Old Age' group.

On top of that the MPs vote on EU citizens last week may mean a big decline in the number of EU players allowed to stay.

We may well see the face of English football changes radically in which case Mr Evans is being sensible if he wants to protect his investment in very uncertain times
Is Evans waiting for English football to go bust. ? on 08:37 - Feb 20 with 1387 viewsBorisOrTrevor

Is Evans waiting for English football to go bust. ? on 14:50 - Feb 19 by Bent_double

Scary, that could be us in 2 or 3 seasons if ME doesn't get it right in the summer.

There must be quite a few clubs hanging by a thread at the moment, the question is, will the QPR court case work in everyones favour, or against?

If QPR win, then FFP (in the Championship at least) is thrown out and agents and players continue to demand the kind of transfers and wages that only the richest clubs (ie those with parachute payments) can afford.

If the FL win will they come down hard on the offending clubs now, will players' wage demands drop as they realise that clubs can't afford their £10-20k a week, and the only alternative is sitting on the bench at a PL club but never getting a game?

Blimey Mark Fish gets about.

BOT

Is Evans waiting for English football to go bust. ? on 09:52 - Feb 20 with 1270 viewsRadlett_blue

Is Evans waiting for English football to go bust. ? on 14:50 - Feb 19 by Bent_double

I'm not sure the QPR case has huge implications, given that FFP has already been considerably relaxed. What we don't know is what will happen to clubs who breach the new FFP rules & don't get promoted. We also don't know if the FL will still attempt to punish other clubs that breached FFP & got promoted, thereby temporarily escaping the jurisdiction of the FL, if they get relegated e.g. Leicester City.
I would think that the scale of losses being incurred by many Championship clubs is unsustainable, but new, largely foreign, owners still seem to be arriving, willing to chuck money around e.g. Birmingham City.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024