Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3 Worst Derby moments (inspired by other thread) 13:50 - Feb 19 with 2333 viewsgainsboroughblue

1. The 1-5 (Spoilt what had before then been a lovely day of drinking in the sunshine)
2. ZDS Cup lockout.
3. Bloody Bruce. Bloody Hackett.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

3 Worst Derby moments (inspired by other thread) on 13:54 - Feb 19 with 2310 viewsAdmiralFunge

Luckily, I'd been in the pub from midday for the 5-1, and remember almost none of it.

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

3 Worst Derby moments (inspired by other thread) on 13:57 - Feb 19 with 2300 viewsMJallday

Fecking play off semi 2 years ago. If berra hadnt stuck his hand out im conviced wed have pulled it back and won it

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

3 Worst Derby moments (inspired by other thread) on 13:57 - Feb 19 with 2300 viewsgainsboroughblue

3 Worst Derby moments (inspired by other thread) on 13:54 - Feb 19 by AdmiralFunge

Luckily, I'd been in the pub from midday for the 5-1, and remember almost none of it.

Gorgeous day. Like you, in pub early doors. Walked to ground about 740 pm and just had this feeling things would go wrong.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

3 Worst Derby moments (inspired by other thread) on 14:03 - Feb 19 with 2268 viewsBlueBadger

1. 5-1
2. The Penalty That Never Was.
3. Darren bloody Eadie.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

3 Worst Derby moments (inspired by other thread) on 14:05 - Feb 19 with 2266 viewsBlueBadger

3 Worst Derby moments (inspired by other thread) on 13:57 - Feb 19 by MJallday

Fecking play off semi 2 years ago. If berra hadnt stuck his hand out im conviced wed have pulled it back and won it

They were certainly rattled by Smiths equaliser. I dunno if we'd have won, but it would have been a LOT closer.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

3 Worst Derby moments (inspired by other thread) on 14:05 - Feb 19 with 2270 viewsRozz

3 Worst Derby moments (inspired by other thread) on 13:57 - Feb 19 by gainsboroughblue

Gorgeous day. Like you, in pub early doors. Walked to ground about 740 pm and just had this feeling things would go wrong.

Watched the whole game with one eye covered, or everything within 20 yards of the touchline looked out of play. Didn't know we'd scored in the morning.

Somewhat of a blessing, really.
3 Worst Derby moments (inspired by other thread) on 14:26 - Feb 19 with 2202 viewsmccarthy2017

3 Worst Derby moments (inspired by other thread) on 14:05 - Feb 19 by Rozz

Watched the whole game with one eye covered, or everything within 20 yards of the touchline looked out of play. Didn't know we'd scored in the morning.

Somewhat of a blessing, really.

The 4-1 at Carrot Rd same season as 5-1 was hard to take as it was kinda clear they had something going on with Lambert etc.

And with a certain Roy Keane saying he wished our supporters were more like Norwich supporters it kind of felt like a low.
3 Worst Derby moments (inspired by other thread) on 14:34 - Feb 19 with 2172 viewsclive_baker

That 5-1 was an epic day before the match. Thursday night before a bank holiday Friday, which joker thought that was ever a good idea. Started drinking at 10am and was vomming in Pals at 5.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

3 Worst Derby moments (inspired by other thread) on 14:39 - Feb 19 with 2151 viewsPJH

The three most damaging would be:-

1)Losing 1-0 there at Easter 1981 having lost at home to Arsenal the previous Saturday,both
after winning 2-1 at Villa to get the title back in our hands.
2)Losing 2-0 there late on in 1985 Milk Cup Semi Final.
3)Playoff Semi loss.
3 Worst Derby moments (inspired by other thread) on 15:16 - Feb 19 with 2073 viewstextbackup

Joint 1st - 5-1 and PO defeat (honestly not sure I'll ever get over those)
3rd - lost 1-0 at home on a Tuesday night I think in about 98/99, Roberts with winner. I'd only been out of hospital from a heart op about a week and had spent 2 weeks in hospital with drs telling me I'd be out to watch ipswich beat Norwich (at 11/12 years old that was helping me no end) obviously lost and I was heart broken.

Could say my hate for them is at a level above the norm

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

3 Worst Derby moments (inspired by other thread) on 15:27 - Feb 19 with 2054 viewsIllinoisblue

I recall a 0-2 defeat when they were singing top of the league at portman rd, I was sitting up in Pioneer upper tier with the mother of all hangovers. It was a sunny Sunday game. Leon McKenzie and that gap-toothed s5itehawk Iwan Roberts scored.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

3 Worst Derby moments (inspired by other thread) on 15:31 - Feb 19 with 2028 viewsIllinoisblue

3 Worst Derby moments (inspired by other thread) on 14:26 - Feb 19 by mccarthy2017

The 4-1 at Carrot Rd same season as 5-1 was hard to take as it was kinda clear they had something going on with Lambert etc.

And with a certain Roy Keane saying he wished our supporters were more like Norwich supporters it kind of felt like a low.

Keane said that? I despise him even more now.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

3 Worst Derby moments (inspired by other thread) on 16:42 - Feb 19 with 1910 viewsRoyKeanesDog

3 Worst Derby moments (inspired by other thread) on 15:16 - Feb 19 by textbackup

Joint 1st - 5-1 and PO defeat (honestly not sure I'll ever get over those)
3rd - lost 1-0 at home on a Tuesday night I think in about 98/99, Roberts with winner. I'd only been out of hospital from a heart op about a week and had spent 2 weeks in hospital with drs telling me I'd be out to watch ipswich beat Norwich (at 11/12 years old that was helping me no end) obviously lost and I was heart broken.

Could say my hate for them is at a level above the norm

That Roberts game was my first derby.

Poll: Best Football Song

3 Worst Derby moments (inspired by other thread) on 18:01 - Feb 19 with 1805 viewsGiveusaWave

3 Worst Derby moments (inspired by other thread) on 13:57 - Feb 19 by MJallday

Play-off final definitely most costly. Main reason why they can now afford to shell out 7 million on a winger! If we'd gone up that year our financial situation would be so different now....

Poll: If we sign one player in the Jan window....

3 Worst Derby moments (inspired by other thread) on 19:57 - Feb 19 with 1718 viewsBelvedereBrunswick

1. Play offs obviously. That's the worst thing that's ever happened.

2. 3-0 loss around 94/95 at Carrow Road. All 2nd half goals - possibly Cureton, Ward and another?

3. 0-0 draw at Carrow Road in 99. Nothing to do with the match itself but my neighbour attacked me over a fencing dispute and I couldn't attend the game.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2017 0:05]
3 Worst Derby moments (inspired by other thread) on 20:11 - Feb 19 with 1694 viewsGogs

The ZDS cup lock out was ridiculous. Load of empty seats in what's now the Jarrold Stand (I think) that with a little bit of thought and organisation they could've let us into. Making the match all ticket would've been a start. Remember going on a little bit of a runaround / p!ss up in Nodge instead (hardly a Russians-in-Marseille type rampage) then heading back down the A140 in god awful thick fog in a mate's crappy little car with lights that barely worked, not long after he'd passed his test. Had to pull over at a pub and found someone we could tailgate back to ipswich just so we could see where we were going. We'd have most likely got killed in a crash otherwise
3 Worst Derby moments (inspired by other thread) on 20:17 - Feb 19 with 1674 viewsbournemouthblue

3 Worst Derby moments (inspired by other thread) on 15:27 - Feb 19 by Illinoisblue

I recall a 0-2 defeat when they were singing top of the league at portman rd, I was sitting up in Pioneer upper tier with the mother of all hangovers. It was a sunny Sunday game. Leon McKenzie and that gap-toothed s5itehawk Iwan Roberts scored.

They had two shots all game and scored both of them!

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

3 Worst Derby moments (inspired by other thread) on 21:58 - Feb 19 with 1552 viewsStourbridgeblue

3 Worst Derby moments (inspired by other thread) on 15:27 - Feb 19 by Illinoisblue

That one STILL rankles with me.

Poll: What do you want on Sunday?

3 Worst Derby moments (inspired by other thread) on 22:00 - Feb 19 with 1542 viewsReuser_is_God

3 Worst Derby moments (inspired by other thread) on 14:34 - Feb 19 by clive_baker

That 5-1 was an epic day before the match. Thursday night before a bank holiday Friday, which joker thought that was ever a good idea. Started drinking at 10am and was vomming in Pals at 5.

You started late.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

3 Worst Derby moments (inspired by other thread) on 22:03 - Feb 19 with 1527 viewsReuser_is_God

Play offs
5-1
4-1

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

3 Worst Derby moments (inspired by other thread) on 00:15 - Feb 20 with 1386 viewspatrickswell

1) October 1998 - 1-0 loss at Portman Road. The only derby I've ever seen in the flesh. Dreadful game and a huge letdown after the 5-0 just eight months earlier. The start of Norwich's ascendancy in the fixture. We've only won 5 out of 23 derbies played since the 5-0.

2) December 2008 - 2-0 loss at Carrow Road. Glenn Roeder jumping around like he was Jurgen Klopp. The epitome of Jim Magilton's last season as manager: players dicking around and not showing the courage needed to win big games. Jon Walters missing a 1 on 1 with David Marshall. I wanted Magilton out after that game.

3) November 2007 - 2-2 draw at Carrow Road from 2-0 up at half-time. Resonant with short-term and long-term significance. Had we held on for the win, or had Danny Haynes taken a late chance to win it for us, we'd have finished the season in the play-offs, and although we all know what would have probably happened to us, it remains the great "what if" of the post 2005 seasons. But as saddening as it was to let a 2 goal lead slip (in only one of two derbies since the 5-0 in which we've scored the first goal, Norwich have done it in 19 of them and there's been 2 goalless draws), it didn't matter, because our new billionaire owner was going to take us miles away from Norwich, wasn't he? Or were frustrated dreams, dampened hopes and a failure to take opportunities shown up on that day, before they crystallised into the miserable failure that has been Marcus Evans's stewardship?
3 Worst Derby moments (inspired by other thread) on 00:22 - Feb 20 with 1368 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Handball on the line, we knew then it was over.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024