Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night 14:03 - Feb 19 with 4416 viewsElderGrizzly

At his rally. F*ck me...

Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 19:14 - Feb 19 with 1094 viewsvapour_trail

Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 19:10 - Feb 19 by GlasgowBlue

Has he? I've not seen any quotes from Trump advocating settlements. I'd be grateful for a link.

Settlements are wrong. No ifs no buts. Absolutely wrong.

But Bully did say Trump is supporting them, which he isn't.

Here you go:

http://m.jpost.com/US-Elections/Trump-endorses-Jewish-settlement-expansion-in-We

I appreciate the daily mail is involved in bringing the quotes which does require further challenge.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 19:17 - Feb 19 with 1080 viewsGlasgowBlue

Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 19:14 - Feb 19 by vapour_trail

Here you go:

http://m.jpost.com/US-Elections/Trump-endorses-Jewish-settlement-expansion-in-We

I appreciate the daily mail is involved in bringing the quotes which does require further challenge.

Again I can't see any quotes from Trump advocating settlements. Not being awkward but I'd like to see his actual words.

Edit. Found the quotes in the Daily Mail.

He has changed his position since May 2016.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2017 19:19]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 19:20 - Feb 19 with 1078 viewsvapour_trail

Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 19:17 - Feb 19 by GlasgowBlue

Again I can't see any quotes from Trump advocating settlements. Not being awkward but I'd like to see his actual words.

How's this one:

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_572a03ede4b096e9f08fc693

Again, caveat, the huff post so hardly neutral.

Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 19:26 - Feb 19 with 1051 viewssparks

Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 19:17 - Feb 19 by GlasgowBlue

He said that the vote against Israel at the UN by Obama was a disgrace.

The message is pretty clear.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 19:28 - Feb 19 with 1047 viewsvapour_trail

Just seen your edit.

He may have changed his position, but again, you're a more generous man than I, if you're willing to take him at his word. He appears to be a pathological liar. A bit like our Tone.

Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 19:39 - Feb 19 with 1027 viewssparks

Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 19:28 - Feb 19 by vapour_trail

Just seen your edit.

He may have changed his position, but again, you're a more generous man than I, if you're willing to take him at his word. He appears to be a pathological liar. A bit like our Tone.

As much as I have major issues with "our tone", this guy is not in the same species...

He just makes stuff up and repeats it, whilst bullying and ridiculing anyone who questions it. He has hijacked the concept of "fake news" which really wasnt about inaccurate or flawed mainstream reporting in the first instance, and simply applies it to anything he doesnt like. Takes enormous chutzpah, in fairness to him. I'm not sure what is more scary- the idea that he has the balls and wit to actually pursue these tactics succesfully, or the thought that he might actually believe his own nonsense and is genuinely unbalanced.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 19:48 - Feb 19 with 1009 viewsfeelingblue

Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 19:39 - Feb 19 by sparks

As much as I have major issues with "our tone", this guy is not in the same species...

He just makes stuff up and repeats it, whilst bullying and ridiculing anyone who questions it. He has hijacked the concept of "fake news" which really wasnt about inaccurate or flawed mainstream reporting in the first instance, and simply applies it to anything he doesnt like. Takes enormous chutzpah, in fairness to him. I'm not sure what is more scary- the idea that he has the balls and wit to actually pursue these tactics succesfully, or the thought that he might actually believe his own nonsense and is genuinely unbalanced.

I hate to say it, because it would be scary, and it is not really the sort of assessment you should make from afar, but to me he is clearly unbalanced.
Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 19:49 - Feb 19 with 1005 viewsvapour_trail

Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 19:39 - Feb 19 by sparks

I actually think it's the latter. I reckon he's unbalanced.

Our Tone was very much the calculated operator. And apparently religiously driven. Potentially more dangerous.

Login to get fewer ads

Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 20:00 - Feb 19 with 983 viewssparks

Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 19:49 - Feb 19 by vapour_trail

I actually think it's the latter. I reckon he's unbalanced.

Our Tone was very much the calculated operator. And apparently religiously driven. Potentially more dangerous.

Worryingly Im inclined to agree.

Trump is of course alligned closely with the religous right in the US- which is just a whole 'nother world of loony... Whether he beleives any of it himself it not entirely clear.

Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 20:04 - Feb 19 with 961 viewsvapour_trail

Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 20:00 - Feb 19 by sparks

Worryingly Im inclined to agree.

Trump is of course alligned closely with the religous right in the US- which is just a whole 'nother world of loony... Whether he beleives any of it himself it not entirely clear.

Well yes, the whole alt-right (I dislike that term, I prefer facist) scene is where Christian fundamentalists have their natural home.

I'll say one thing for him, he makes the world a very interesting place.

Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 20:06 - Feb 19 with 955 viewssparks

Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 18:55 - Feb 19 by GlasgowBlue

He did.

https://videos.vidible.tv/prod/2017-02/15/58a4a21eba82aa41613c9baf_853x480_v1.mp

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/10/world/middleeast/trump-adopts-a-harder-line-o

Bully is falling into the same trap as the media. By throwing accusations that are factually incorrect, Trump has the ammunition he needs to go to his core baser to shout "fake news".

There is enough to hammer Trump with without the need to make things up.

Edit- Bully this isn't support for Trump. It's support for facts.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2017 19:01]

Did he or did he not say that the vote against Israel in respect of the settlements was a disgrace?

Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 20:10 - Feb 19 with 939 viewsRyorry

Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 19:48 - Feb 19 by feelingblue

I hate to say it, because it would be scary, and it is not really the sort of assessment you should make from afar, but to me he is clearly unbalanced.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2121552-trump-may-be-very-flawed-but-that-d

You have to be registered (free & quick) to read it.

Header is: (COMMENT 17 February 2017)
Trump may be very flawed but that doesn’t make him mentally ill
Calls from psychiatrists for Donald Trump to be declared unfit to be US president on mental health grounds are misguided, says Dr Allen Frances
[Post edited 19 Feb 2017 20:12]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 20:11 - Feb 19 with 938 viewssparks

Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 20:04 - Feb 19 by vapour_trail

Well yes, the whole alt-right (I dislike that term, I prefer facist) scene is where Christian fundamentalists have their natural home.

I'll say one thing for him, he makes the world a very interesting place.

There is a good deal of misinformaiton going on about the so called "alt right".

The pin up for them was and perhaps stil is Milo Yyanopoulis. He started out as something of an anti feminist so far as I can tell- and made some pretty sound points among the less sound ones. He's a good speaker, clever and pretty knowledgeable. Also very openly gay, for what its worth.

His Twitter ban was disgracefully reported by the media imo. The BBC ran stories effectively juxtaposing descriptions of campaigns of abuse and threats against a black female actress, with his ban- suggesting that this was all somehow orchestrated by him, which doesnt appear to be accurate. He sent a tweet or two, which were blunt but not abusive or threatening.

More recently I have seen him described as a fascist- without any obvious basis. Perhaps I havent researched well enough to realise what this is based on, but it concerns me a good deal that the establishment still havent figrued out that they play straight into the hands of people like Trump by appearing to try disingenuously shut down arguments they dont like with shaming language such as "fascist".

Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 20:11 - Feb 19 with 937 viewsgordon

Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 19:48 - Feb 19 by feelingblue

He's certainly unbalanced. The fate of America, and to a lesser extent the rest of the world is beholden to the tantrums of a thin-skinned egomaniac idiot for the next four years.
Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 20:19 - Feb 19 with 919 viewsvapour_trail

Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 20:11 - Feb 19 by sparks

There is a good deal of misinformaiton going on about the so called "alt right".

The pin up for them was and perhaps stil is Milo Yyanopoulis. He started out as something of an anti feminist so far as I can tell- and made some pretty sound points among the less sound ones. He's a good speaker, clever and pretty knowledgeable. Also very openly gay, for what its worth.

His Twitter ban was disgracefully reported by the media imo. The BBC ran stories effectively juxtaposing descriptions of campaigns of abuse and threats against a black female actress, with his ban- suggesting that this was all somehow orchestrated by him, which doesnt appear to be accurate. He sent a tweet or two, which were blunt but not abusive or threatening.

More recently I have seen him described as a fascist- without any obvious basis. Perhaps I havent researched well enough to realise what this is based on, but it concerns me a good deal that the establishment still havent figrued out that they play straight into the hands of people like Trump by appearing to try disingenuously shut down arguments they dont like with shaming language such as "fascist".

You've veered well outside my knowledge zone there, but I will try and have a look if I have time.

I dont buy this shutting down debates argument however, that I see trotted out all the time. It appears to me that this line is used whenever there's is a challenge to genuinely bigoted behaviour. Which is very ironic.

Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 20:26 - Feb 19 with 892 viewsMullet

Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 20:19 - Feb 19 by vapour_trail

You've veered well outside my knowledge zone there, but I will try and have a look if I have time.

I dont buy this shutting down debates argument however, that I see trotted out all the time. It appears to me that this line is used whenever there's is a challenge to genuinely bigoted behaviour. Which is very ironic.

Milo is a nasty, clever, witty piece of work. A perfectly orchestrated image that makes him famous. A sort of Katie Hopkins meets Boy George if you'll forgive the crudeness of that.

His Joe Rogan podcast appearance last summer is very enlightening. Plays his character perfectly, and comes across as "just being honest" and using the "how can I be like them, I'm gay" type rhetoric perfectly.

You can watch it here or download it from Joe Rogan's website if you've got the time to listen.

http://podcasts.joerogan.net/podcasts/?search=milo

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 20:37 - Feb 19 with 864 viewsRyorry

Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 20:19 - Feb 19 by vapour_trail

I don't remember my 'Zen & the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance' v. well as I last read it about 3 decades ago! but in it, Robert Pirsig discussed the philosophies of both Plato and Aristotle. Can't remember which of the two he was referring to, but Pirsig was a big fan of the one who believed in always exposing all ideas/ideals/ideologies & their proponents to questioning and challenge from as wide an audience as possible, even children - and definitely not shutting them down.

Have always thought that the best way - some universities' refusals to accept certain speakers over the past couple of years were v. bad decisions imho - much better to expose them for what they are. Or as Claudius the Emperor put it in the BBC1 1970s drama series 'I Claudius' - "let all the poisons that lurk in the mud hatch out"!*

*Edit - he meant thereby exposing them to fresh air and daylight, which would kill them.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2017 21:04]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 20:54 - Feb 19 with 842 viewsgordon

There's a great irony to the alt-right idea that you should be able to say what you want to anyone, but no one can call us racist or sexist or fascist. It's a simple trick which seems to have done over a fair few people.
Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 21:41 - Feb 19 with 793 viewssparks

It goes way beyond that which is the problem. Challenge islam you are an islamophobe. suggest men and women are different, you are mysogonist, raise immigration you are racist. I think it's a thing.

Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 22:02 - Feb 19 with 760 viewsvapour_trail

Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 21:41 - Feb 19 by sparks

It goes way beyond that which is the problem. Challenge islam you are an islamophobe. suggest men and women are different, you are mysogonist, raise immigration you are racist. I think it's a thing.

Disagree. It's only a thing if you let it be a thing. Unfortunately the misogynist and racist (we've loads of them on here, you know own who they are) cry PC the minute they're challenged, and there's an unfortunate, usually respectable and politically aware group who trade on them.

Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 22:03 - Feb 19 with 755 viewsvapour_trail

Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 20:54 - Feb 19 by gordon

There's a great irony to the alt-right idea that you should be able to say what you want to anyone, but no one can call us racist or sexist or fascist. It's a simple trick which seems to have done over a fair few people.

Completely agree Gordon.

Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 08:33 - Feb 20 with 676 viewsimsureazzure

Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 18:05 - Feb 19 by BlueBadger

Watching you cheering them on?

Why would I cheer something that I am clearly against?

Obama is responsible for indiscriminate mass murder and has been given a free ride by most.

Trump is clearly unhinged and has the potential to do infinitely more damage than Obama, but at the moment he has not but the screaming is deafening.

Nobel peace prize, bollox.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2017 8:38]
Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 09:08 - Feb 20 with 647 viewsNo9

Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 08:33 - Feb 20 by imsureazzure

Why would I cheer something that I am clearly against?

Obama is responsible for indiscriminate mass murder and has been given a free ride by most.

Trump is clearly unhinged and has the potential to do infinitely more damage than Obama, but at the moment he has not but the screaming is deafening.

Nobel peace prize, bollox.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2017 8:38]

"Obama is responsible for indiscriminate mass murder and has been given a free ride by most. "

Can you explain with details & if he is responsible alone or were others involved?
Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 09:19 - Feb 20 with 643 viewsNo9

Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 17:24 - Feb 19 by imsureazzure

More so than Obamas 563 drone strikes?

Where were you when Obama was killing indiscriminately?

If Obama did that how did he have the time to be President?

How many did the UK launch ?

Did you notice how much UK arms exports have increased since Johnson became FS & sanctioned arms exports?

Are we in any position to criticsise anyone else when UK made mweapons are killing in Yemen?
Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 09:31 - Feb 20 with 628 viewsimsureazzure

Trump talking about the terrorist 'incident' in Sweden last night on 09:08 - Feb 20 by No9

"Obama is responsible for indiscriminate mass murder and has been given a free ride by most. "

Can you explain with details & if he is responsible alone or were others involved?

https://www.thebureauinvestigates.com/2017/01/17/obamas-covert-drone-war-numbers
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024