Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How much longer can Zola last at Brum? 19:56 - Feb 19 with 1449 viewsDeano69

Dreadful record since taking over.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

How much longer can Zola last at Brum? on 19:57 - Feb 19 with 1453 viewsMullet

Really? We were assured he's a top manager and big improvement and just the sort of thing we should be doing here though......

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

How much longer can Zola last at Brum? on 20:18 - Feb 19 with 1375 viewsBlueBadger

How much longer can Zola last at Brum? on 19:57 - Feb 19 by Mullet

Really? We were assured he's a top manager and big improvement and just the sort of thing we should be doing here though......

He is Quite Famous...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

How much longer can Zola last at Brum? on 21:57 - Feb 19 with 1214 viewsFtnfwest

How much longer can Zola last at Brum? on 19:57 - Feb 19 by Mullet

No we weren't, they all wanted rowett for some strange reason
How much longer can Zola last at Brum? on 21:57 - Feb 19 with 1208 viewsMullet

How much longer can Zola last at Brum? on 21:57 - Feb 19 by Ftnfwest

That came about 5 mins later

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

How much longer can Zola last at Brum? on 08:03 - Feb 20 with 1058 viewsBlueBadger

How much longer can Zola last at Brum? on 21:57 - Feb 19 by Mullet

That came about 5 mins later

I suspect that Zola is the new Nigel Clough.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

How much longer can Zola last at Brum? on 08:08 - Feb 20 with 1047 viewsBackToRussia

How much longer can Zola last at Brum? on 21:57 - Feb 19 by Ftnfwest

yeah don't recall Zola coming up - and why is it strange to want Rowett, he did well at Brum.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

How much longer can Zola last at Brum? on 11:02 - Feb 20 with 962 viewsLankHenners

How much longer can Zola last at Brum? on 08:08 - Feb 20 by BackToRussia

yeah don't recall Zola coming up - and why is it strange to want Rowett, he did well at Brum.

Because people who complain about the style of football under Mick suddenly want someone whose style of football is the same.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

How much longer can Zola last at Brum? on 11:17 - Feb 20 with 928 viewsBackToRussia

How much longer can Zola last at Brum? on 11:02 - Feb 20 by LankHenners

Because people who complain about the style of football under Mick suddenly want someone whose style of football is the same.

I like how that's been proven beyond doubt that they are the same style when we've probably all seen Rowett's team play about twice or something.

But anyway, it's that we no longer had a style that was people's gripe, we were stuck in between trying to play as if Murphy hadn't left and trying to adjust to something new and getting hopelessly caught in no man's land.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Login to get fewer ads

How much longer can Zola last at Brum? on 11:17 - Feb 20 with 928 viewsFreddies_Ears

How much longer can Zola last at Brum? on 08:08 - Feb 20 by BackToRussia

Rowett is looking a better manager with each successive game that Zola is in charge.

But Zola will always be a legend for THAT goal v Nardge!
How much longer can Zola last at Brum? on 11:26 - Feb 20 with 909 viewsLankHenners

How much longer can Zola last at Brum? on 11:17 - Feb 20 by BackToRussia

I like how that's been proven beyond doubt that they are the same style when we've probably all seen Rowett's team play about twice or something.

But anyway, it's that we no longer had a style that was people's gripe, we were stuck in between trying to play as if Murphy hadn't left and trying to adjust to something new and getting hopelessly caught in no man's land.

Seeing them on several occasions, reading up on stuff, let alone the main issue Birmingham fans had with Rowett was his style - i.e. complaints of being to defensive, matching up the opposition, direct football that's fine when it works but looks turgid when it's not etc. Sound familiar?

Of course, the second bit is a genuine issue which people who tried to understand things reasoned. Not people who blindly screamed "Mick Out" and then banged the Rowett drum despite having no idea how he played/what he was like as a manager just because he's youngish and sitting higher in the table than us. Good manager? Sure. But naive of people to think he'll revolutionise out style of play.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024