Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jordan Spence .... 09:02 - Feb 20 with 3900 viewsitfcjoe

....goal aside on Saturday (where he looked as though he was fouled), I thought he has been playing really well.

Should've picked him up in August.....!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jordan Spence .... on 09:06 - Feb 20 with 2750 viewsPhilTWTD

I thought similar re the goal. Bumped into a former Blues full-back at half-time and his thought was that JS was watching the man not the ball, which was why he got caught out by the flick.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Jordan Spence .... on 09:13 - Feb 20 with 2674 viewsITFC_Forever

From the Lower North Stand, Spence looked to be doing just as much if not more of the fouling.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Jordan Spence .... on 09:19 - Feb 20 with 2628 viewsfactual_blue

Jordan Spence .... on 09:06 - Feb 20 by PhilTWTD

I thought similar re the goal. Bumped into a former Blues full-back at half-time and his thought was that JS was watching the man not the ball, which was why he got caught out by the flick.

There was a magistrate on the pitch?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Jordan Spence .... on 09:20 - Feb 20 with 2623 viewsKieran_Knows

He's certainly came on along way since the 3-0 defeat to Derby.

Looked decent Saturday to be fair, although he did look as if he tired in the last 10-15 minutes. Still, good to have a player with versatility and looks comfortable in a 3 or as a wing back.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Jordan Spence .... on 09:21 - Feb 20 with 2614 viewsSteve_M

Jordan Spence .... on 09:13 - Feb 20 by ITFC_Forever

From the Lower North Stand, Spence looked to be doing just as much if not more of the fouling.

I watched for that bit on the highlights after you mentioned it; does look like he might have been fouled first but there was a lot of shirt-pulling there.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Jordan Spence .... on 09:22 - Feb 20 with 2607 viewsSuperfrans

Jordan Spence .... on 09:06 - Feb 20 by PhilTWTD

Thought he looked very good also. Can't quite understand how we've managed to get him free. A must to sign this summer. Has a bit of Wilnis about him...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Jordan Spence .... on 09:24 - Feb 20 with 2582 viewsSuperfrans

Jordan Spence .... on 09:20 - Feb 20 by Kieran_Knows

He's certainly came on along way since the 3-0 defeat to Derby.

Looked decent Saturday to be fair, although he did look as if he tired in the last 10-15 minutes. Still, good to have a player with versatility and looks comfortable in a 3 or as a wing back.

Didn't he play more centrally vs Derby? I must admit, I've wiped that game from my memory...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

on 09:24 - Feb 20 with 2586 views_

Login to get fewer ads

Jordan Spence .... on 09:25 - Feb 20 with 2549 viewsKieran_Knows

Jordan Spence .... on 09:24 - Feb 20 by Superfrans

Didn't he play more centrally vs Derby? I must admit, I've wiped that game from my memory...

I thought he played at RWB that game? Either way, I thought he was the worst player on the park. As I say though, has obviously come on a hell of a long way since (probably fitness wise more than anything) and has looked good whether it be in a CB 3, or at RWB.

Jordan Spence .... on 09:26 - Feb 20 with 2527 viewsReuser_is_God

Jordan Spence .... on 09:24 - Feb 20 by Superfrans

Nah, he was wing back that night too then switched to RB when we went 442.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Jordan Spence .... on 09:26 - Feb 20 with 2529 viewsPhilTWTD

Jordan Spence .... on 09:19 - Feb 20 by factual_blue

There was a magistrate on the pitch?

Hmm, not sure whether that was me or auto-correct!
Jordan Spence .... on 09:26 - Feb 20 with 2535 viewsitfcjoe

on 09:24 - Feb 20 by _

Mick seems to be managing Emmanuel like he did Bishop - i.e. not giving him 3 games in a week when we have a midweek game. Be interesting to see who gets the nod on Sunday

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jordan Spence .... on 09:29 - Feb 20 with 2503 viewsPhilTWTD

Jordan Spence .... on 09:22 - Feb 20 by Superfrans

Thought he looked very good also. Can't quite understand how we've managed to get him free. A must to sign this summer. Has a bit of Wilnis about him...

Yes, does seem bizarre he didn't get picked up before. He did say that some of the clubs he went on trial with wanted to sign him and things broke down for other reasons. I'm guessing manager changes may have been among them, he had spells at Rotherham and Birmingham before we signed him.
on 09:29 - Feb 20 with 2483 views_

Jordan Spence .... on 09:26 - Feb 20 by itfcjoe

Mick seems to be managing Emmanuel like he did Bishop - i.e. not giving him 3 games in a week when we have a midweek game. Be interesting to see who gets the nod on Sunday

Jordan Spence .... on 09:33 - Feb 20 with 2454 viewsPJH

Sunday's selection both starting and bench is going to be interesting assuming that there are no injuries because there will be the 18 on duty last Saturday plus Diagouraga.
Jordan Spence .... on 09:34 - Feb 20 with 2431 viewsReuser_is_God

Jordan Spence .... on 09:33 - Feb 20 by PJH

Sunday's selection both starting and bench is going to be interesting assuming that there are no injuries because there will be the 18 on duty last Saturday plus Diagouraga.

Diagouraga in for Skuse would be my only change.

Emmanuel for Spence possibly too.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Jordan Spence .... on 09:37 - Feb 20 with 2415 viewsKieran_Knows

Jordan Spence .... on 09:33 - Feb 20 by PJH

Diagouraga HAS to come in for Skuse, IMO and I think Emmanuel will get the nod over Spence at RWB.

As Mick likes to say, Spence looked 'goosed' last 10 minutes on Saturday.

Jordan Spence .... on 09:37 - Feb 20 with 2438 viewsPhilTWTD

I asked Mick on Saturday whether JE had been rested as he was feeling it after the two games and he said something along the lines of "That was the team I wanted to play" and didn't elaborate further.

I think there is something in not giving JE too many games but at the same time I think he also believes JS is - at the present time - a better player, which I tend to agree with. I would guess, all things being equal, JS will get the nod next week.
Jordan Spence .... on 09:42 - Feb 20 with 2359 viewschristiand

Jordan Spence .... on 09:37 - Feb 20 by PhilTWTD

I asked Mick on Saturday whether JE had been rested as he was feeling it after the two games and he said something along the lines of "That was the team I wanted to play" and didn't elaborate further.

I think there is something in not giving JE too many games but at the same time I think he also believes JS is - at the present time - a better player, which I tend to agree with. I would guess, all things being equal, JS will get the nod next week.

Phil, I think we're lucky that we have two decent options on that right side. Whoever plays on Sunday isn't going to weaken the starting XI.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Jordan Spence .... on 09:54 - Feb 20 with 2284 viewsFixed_It

To my shame it is the first time I've seen him. Was very impressed. He clearly got caught out for their goal - but he got done by a clever bit of gamesmanship. Apart from that - looks like a great find.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Jordan Spence .... on 10:11 - Feb 20 with 2188 viewsGuthrum

Jordan Spence .... on 09:29 - Feb 20 by PhilTWTD

Yes, does seem bizarre he didn't get picked up before. He did say that some of the clubs he went on trial with wanted to sign him and things broke down for other reasons. I'm guessing manager changes may have been among them, he had spells at Rotherham and Birmingham before we signed him.

For me, he seems to be very much McCarthy's type of player (I don't quite know how to define that, but it has to do with apparent attitude, ability out wide, flexibility, hard-working and so on). So perhaps we were simply the best fit for him?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Jordan Spence .... on 10:11 - Feb 20 with 2182 viewsBasuco

Jordan Spence .... on 09:54 - Feb 20 by Fixed_It

To my shame it is the first time I've seen him. Was very impressed. He clearly got caught out for their goal - but he got done by a clever bit of gamesmanship. Apart from that - looks like a great find.

An even better find when you remember that Jordan was without a club this season after not being offered a new contract at MK Dons in July, no one picked him up before we did in January.
Jordan Spence .... on 10:22 - Feb 20 with 2132 viewsfactual_blue

Jordan Spence .... on 09:26 - Feb 20 by PhilTWTD

Hmm, not sure whether that was me or auto-correct!

Were you also working at the same time on your application to become a magistrate?

The only way you'll make the bench?
[Post edited 20 Feb 2017 11:49]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Jordan Spence .... on 10:32 - Feb 20 with 2047 viewsFixed_It

Jordan Spence .... on 10:11 - Feb 20 by Basuco

An even better find when you remember that Jordan was without a club this season after not being offered a new contract at MK Dons in July, no one picked him up before we did in January.

Indeed. Although he clearly has a good pedigree - so maybe it is a case of the ability was always there but adversity (ie no Club) provided the wake-up call that he needed to resurrect his career.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Jordan Spence .... on 10:51 - Feb 20 with 1968 viewscruncher

Said it yesterday he was definitely caught player watching and took his eye off the ball,had he attacked the ball the goal wouldn't of happened he'll learn I'm sure.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024