Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jordan Spence .... 09:02 - Feb 20 with 3895 viewsitfcjoe

....goal aside on Saturday (where he looked as though he was fouled), I thought he has been playing really well.

Should've picked him up in August.....!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jordan Spence .... on 10:51 - Feb 20 with 1123 viewsScuzzer

Over all had a good game but he did have a rather dodgy 10 minutes at the end of the first half, which coincided with their goal unfortunately. I did think Bart should have done more in that situation though.

Established 1968

Jordan Spence .... on 11:02 - Feb 20 with 1096 viewsBluebell

Jordan Spence .... on 10:22 - Feb 20 by factual_blue

Were you also working at the same time on your application to become a magistrate?

The only way you'll make the bench?
[Post edited 20 Feb 2017 11:49]

English please Facters.
Jordan Spence .... on 11:04 - Feb 20 with 1095 viewsPhilTWTD

Jordan Spence .... on 10:11 - Feb 20 by Guthrum

For me, he seems to be very much McCarthy's type of player (I don't quite know how to define that, but it has to do with apparent attitude, ability out wide, flexibility, hard-working and so on). So perhaps we were simply the best fit for him?

Very much a McCarthy player character-wise, came across really well when the media spoke to him the other week. Agree, Mick likes a versatile, hard-working player and one who has something to prove. His height at full-back is very useful as well. Think he had probably given up on coming here when Mick gave him the call, which largely came as Adam Webster got injured and Chambo needed to move inside.
Jordan Spence .... on 11:07 - Feb 20 with 1077 viewssoupytwist

Jordan Spence .... on 10:51 - Feb 20 by cruncher

Said it yesterday he was definitely caught player watching and took his eye off the ball,had he attacked the ball the goal wouldn't of happened he'll learn I'm sure.

What's worse, player watching or ball watching?

Or, when should you do one but not the other?
Jordan Spence .... on 11:19 - Feb 20 with 1039 viewscruncher

Jordan Spence .... on 11:07 - Feb 20 by soupytwist

What's worse, player watching or ball watching?

Or, when should you do one but not the other?

Ideally you watch both keeping an eye on the ball you can keep tabs on the player moving your head normally helps other defenders seem to be able to do it it was his only fault but he'll learn I'm sure.
Jordan Spence .... on 11:50 - Feb 20 with 1001 viewsfactual_blue

Jordan Spence .... on 11:02 - Feb 20 by Bluebell

English please Facters.

Not sure if that was me or autocorrect.

#seemstoworkforPhil

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Jordan Spence .... on 11:57 - Feb 20 with 992 viewsSteve_M

Jordan Spence .... on 11:04 - Feb 20 by PhilTWTD

Very much a McCarthy player character-wise, came across really well when the media spoke to him the other week. Agree, Mick likes a versatile, hard-working player and one who has something to prove. His height at full-back is very useful as well. Think he had probably given up on coming here when Mick gave him the call, which largely came as Adam Webster got injured and Chambo needed to move inside.

He's pleasingly comfortable on the ball too, probably to do with starting his career at West Ham. Every little bit there helps the overall nature of our play.

He could even have added to his two career goals against Villa and Brighton.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Jordan Spence .... on 12:14 - Feb 20 with 969 viewsgreyhound

Jordan Spence .... on 09:42 - Feb 20 by christiand

Phil, I think we're lucky that we have two decent options on that right side. Whoever plays on Sunday isn't going to weaken the starting XI.

We have gone years with no true options down the right. To have two and be able to hold these discussions isnfantastic
Login to get fewer ads

Jordan Spence .... on 12:49 - Feb 20 with 932 viewsoldbluestu

Jordan Spence .... on 09:06 - Feb 20 by PhilTWTD

I thought similar re the goal. Bumped into a former Blues full-back at half-time and his thought was that JS was watching the man not the ball, which was why he got caught out by the flick.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A schoolboy error watching the man not the ball
Jordan Spence .... on 12:58 - Feb 20 with 913 viewsSuperfrans

Jordan Spence .... on 09:37 - Feb 20 by PhilTWTD

I asked Mick on Saturday whether JE had been rested as he was feeling it after the two games and he said something along the lines of "That was the team I wanted to play" and didn't elaborate further.

I think there is something in not giving JE too many games but at the same time I think he also believes JS is - at the present time - a better player, which I tend to agree with. I would guess, all things being equal, JS will get the nod next week.

Spence is easily the better player, imho.

Mick wasn't keen on his "milky" challenge for their goal though. May be that could go against him - although I don't think Emmanuel would be more effective in the same circumstances.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Jordan Spence .... on 13:40 - Feb 20 with 872 viewsPhilTWTD

Jordan Spence .... on 11:57 - Feb 20 by Steve_M

He's pleasingly comfortable on the ball too, probably to do with starting his career at West Ham. Every little bit there helps the overall nature of our play.

He could even have added to his two career goals against Villa and Brighton.

He has had a couple of chances, hasn't he? And two knockdowns from set pieces which could have ended in goals. Promising start all in all.
Jordan Spence .... on 13:44 - Feb 20 with 863 viewschristiand

Jordan Spence .... on 11:04 - Feb 20 by PhilTWTD

He seems to have a bit of composure on the ball too, a footballing defender.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Jordan Spence .... on 03:46 - Feb 21 with 781 viewsharlingblue

He did play very well on Saturday, was tugged aside for the goal of which Bart could have done better? Has to be signed up as he is a very good footballer that can cover both full back and centre back positions.
Jordan Spence .... on 04:03 - Feb 21 with 779 viewsBrettenhamBlue

Jordan Spence .... on 03:46 - Feb 21 by harlingblue

He did play very well on Saturday, was tugged aside for the goal of which Bart could have done better? Has to be signed up as he is a very good footballer that can cover both full back and centre back positions.

Honestly, can't believe we got him for free and can't believe he couldn't find a club. Energetic, good tackler, marks man-to-man and zonally, good in the air, intelligent and is willing to go box to box. Unlike any other player we have at centre back, as he's able to dribble the ball effectively and can cross the ball. Very impressed with him. Derby game is huge though and all players are going to have to keep their nerves for that one. Huws and Spence should certainly get contracts (if we can afford Huws).

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

Jordan Spence .... on 09:14 - Feb 21 with 720 viewssoupytwist

Jordan Spence .... on 04:03 - Feb 21 by BrettenhamBlue

Honestly, can't believe we got him for free and can't believe he couldn't find a club. Energetic, good tackler, marks man-to-man and zonally, good in the air, intelligent and is willing to go box to box. Unlike any other player we have at centre back, as he's able to dribble the ball effectively and can cross the ball. Very impressed with him. Derby game is huge though and all players are going to have to keep their nerves for that one. Huws and Spence should certainly get contracts (if we can afford Huws).

Makes you wonder why we persisted for half a season with a centre half at right back when we could have picked him up on a free at the start of the season.

Especially since MM clearly wasn't going to play Emmanuel unless he had to. And Emmanuel hasn't exactly looked out of place considering his age when he's played either.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024