Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What are the chances of us signing Huws? 11:17 - Feb 20 with 5596 viewsHeathlander

He's a smashing little player. As Nessa would say, 'He's cracking'.
What are the chances of us signing Huws? on 11:19 - Feb 20 with 4037 viewsKieran_Knows

I think it depends on whether Warnock stays with Cardiff, and whether Mick stays with us this summer, IMO.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

What are the chances of us signing Huws? on 11:21 - Feb 20 with 4009 viewscruncher

If loans are done with a view to buy ,surely a price can be settled at that time of loan?
What are the chances of us signing Huws? on 11:21 - Feb 20 with 4013 viewsSwansea_Blue

Higher than some of the other loanees in recent years I'd say (e.g. Fraser, Lawrence)

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What are the chances of us signing Huws? on 11:54 - Feb 20 with 3907 viewshoppy

Definitely like this to be one we get told at a later point, once he's actually signed, that the deal was always with a view to becoming permanent, which we've now done...

Agreed, he's got something about him that our midfield had been lacking - and with Dave as well, the midfield engine has had a good little tune-up, with far better performances being a direct result of that.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

What are the chances of us signing Huws? on 12:18 - Feb 20 with 3804 viewsReuser_is_God

We have to sign him IMO

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

What are the chances of us signing Huws? on 12:23 - Feb 20 with 3761 viewsJ2BLUE

Well, he's got two years left on his deal, cost a fee, had to take a pay cut to join us and is now apparently playing brilliantly which will get Cardiff's attention and probably make them choose to keep him or inflate his fee.

Based on that I think we have little chance. Not looking to be pessimistic, just realistic. Who knows, maybe Evans will think I could spend 500k on sacking MM and TC or I could spend £2-3m on 2-3 players to give them a fighting chance.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What are the chances of us signing Huws? on 12:38 - Feb 20 with 3688 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

For the first month of the season I thought we had a decent chance of signing Lawrence..

But his rise to prominence coupled with our actions in the transfer market show that it was an almost impossibility.

We almost don't want Huws to do too well for us as it will undoubtedly drag him out of our reach.
What are the chances of us signing Huws? on 12:45 - Feb 20 with 3627 viewscruncher

What are the chances of us signing Huws? on 12:38 - Feb 20 by King_of_Portman_Rd

For the first month of the season I thought we had a decent chance of signing Lawrence..

But his rise to prominence coupled with our actions in the transfer market show that it was an almost impossibility.

We almost don't want Huws to do too well for us as it will undoubtedly drag him out of our reach.

Pre transfer agreement with Cardiff offer 1 mil now and shake hands deal done.
Login to get fewer ads

What are the chances of us signing Huws? on 13:05 - Feb 20 with 3542 viewsTractorCam

I don't see any reason why not. He took a pay cut to come here, meaning he obviously wanted out at Cardiff. I would Imagine he would be fairly cheap. There would probably be interest from others, but reckon he'd choose us if he enjoys it here

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

What are the chances of us signing Huws? on 17:17 - Feb 20 with 3277 viewsbraveblue

Purely down to Evans. So not hopeful. If he wants season ticket renewals he should do something now.
What are the chances of us signing Huws? on 17:21 - Feb 20 with 3263 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

What are the chances of us signing Huws? on 12:23 - Feb 20 by J2BLUE

Well, he's got two years left on his deal, cost a fee, had to take a pay cut to join us and is now apparently playing brilliantly which will get Cardiff's attention and probably make them choose to keep him or inflate his fee.

Based on that I think we have little chance. Not looking to be pessimistic, just realistic. Who knows, maybe Evans will think I could spend 500k on sacking MM and TC or I could spend £2-3m on 2-3 players to give them a fighting chance.

Or her could think "ill give MM an extra 500k for working wonders with dross and loans"

That's the most likely scenario
What are the chances of us signing Huws? on 17:25 - Feb 20 with 3241 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

What are the chances of us signing Huws? on 17:17 - Feb 20 by braveblue

Purely down to Evans. So not hopeful. If he wants season ticket renewals he should do something now.

Signing, for example, a 2m player and pay his wages for a year would equate to losing at least 3000 STs
50/50 on 17:30 - Feb 20 with 3212 viewsusm

Either we will or we wont.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

What are the chances of us signing Huws? on 17:46 - Feb 20 with 3138 viewsDolly2.0

If we can't afford a Cardiff reserve we might as well give up.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

What are the chances of us signing Huws? on 18:06 - Feb 20 with 3066 viewstaximan

What are the chances of us signing Huws? on 17:46 - Feb 20 by Dolly2.0

well he had to take a pay cut to come on loan

i think that is a bit of a clue to our chances of signing him permanently

unfortunately
What are the chances of us signing Huws? on 18:07 - Feb 20 with 3052 viewshoppy

Isn't that what we did with Alan Lee?

What are the chances of us signing Huws? on 18:08 - Feb 20 with 3044 viewschristiand

He's certainly made a difference in our midfield, but if ME or Milne are involved in the contract negotiations we've got no chance!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

What are the chances of us signing Huws? on 18:24 - Feb 20 with 2989 viewsJ2BLUE

Not sure if you're serious but as many have said the same I will reply as if you are.

If we had a player who wasn't getting a look in and loaned him to Cardiff where he suddenly started playing very well we'd all be looking forward to his return and considering him an option for next season. At the very least we'd start to debate what price should be on his head. I'm not sure why so many people think it will be an easy deal to get done and that he'll be cheap. In the current financial climate he could well command a seven figure fee if he keeps performing well and that's before we get to his wages. The club will make positive noises about his permanent signing before it fizzles out and we're told it couldn't be done.

Truly impaired.

What are the chances of us signing Huws? on 18:32 - Feb 20 with 2974 viewsbluejacko

Wasnt it mentioned that Warnock was interested in Best?
Swap deal with a bit of cash?
What are the chances of us signing Huws? on 18:36 - Feb 20 with 2950 viewsJ2BLUE

What are the chances of us signing Huws? on 18:32 - Feb 20 by bluejacko

Best will be a free agent.

Truly impaired.

What are the chances of us signing Huws? on 20:54 - Feb 20 with 2767 viewsRadlett_blue

What are the chances of us signing Huws? on 18:08 - Feb 20 by christiand

He's certainly made a difference in our midfield, but if ME or Milne are involved in the contract negotiations we've got no chance!

bring back Simon Clegg, eh?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

What are the chances of us signing Huws? on 21:40 - Feb 20 with 2670 viewshoppy

How much extra cash do you reckon we'd be asking for?

What are the chances of us signing Huws? on 22:25 - Feb 20 with 2561 viewsgreyhound

Still makes me laugh that warnock would even consider taking best on
What are the chances of us signing Huws? on 23:04 - Feb 20 with 2501 viewsDolly2.0

What are the chances of us signing Huws? on 18:24 - Feb 20 by J2BLUE

Not sure if you're serious but as many have said the same I will reply as if you are.

If we had a player who wasn't getting a look in and loaned him to Cardiff where he suddenly started playing very well we'd all be looking forward to his return and considering him an option for next season. At the very least we'd start to debate what price should be on his head. I'm not sure why so many people think it will be an easy deal to get done and that he'll be cheap. In the current financial climate he could well command a seven figure fee if he keeps performing well and that's before we get to his wages. The club will make positive noises about his permanent signing before it fizzles out and we're told it couldn't be done.

I agree with everything you've said there. I still maintain we ought to be able to afford him.

What are the chances of us signing Huws? on 23:05 - Feb 20 with 2494 viewsDolly2.0

What are the chances of us signing Huws? on 18:07 - Feb 20 by hoppy

Isn't that what we did with Alan Lee?

What did we do with Alan Lee?!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024