Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Tymal Mills went for £1.4m to Royal Challengers Bangalore..... 11:25 - Feb 20 with 2576 viewsWD19

....while fellow England bowler Chris Woakes was bought by Kolkata Knight Riders for £504,140.

England one-day captain Eoin Morgan has gone to Kings XI Punjab for £240,066.

International team-mates Jason Roy and Chris Jordan were sold to Gujarat Lions and Sun Risers Hyderabad.

Batsman Roy fetched £120,000, while bowler Jordan cost £60,000.'

So Mills gets 1.4m whilst Jordan gets 60k despite them being broadly comparable (Jordan being a 1st rate fielder and can hold a bat).....I hope Tymal buys him a drink next time they play together!
'Tymal Mills went for £1.4m to Royal Challengers Bangalore..... on 11:32 - Feb 20 with 2526 viewsReuser_is_God

Mad isn't it.

I played football against Mills at u16 & he was an absolute tank then.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

'Tymal Mills went for £1.4m to Royal Challengers Bangalore..... on 11:35 - Feb 20 with 2524 viewsCat_ITFC

Certainly a few interesting signings today. I was pleased to see a couple of the Afghan players get signed up as well, although disappointed the entertaining Shahzad went unsold.

If my counting is correct, 1 England player per team? A rather even spread!
'Tymal Mills went for £1.4m to Royal Challengers Bangalore..... on 12:50 - Feb 20 with 2365 viewsSWGF

'Tymal Mills went for £1.4m to Royal Challengers Bangalore..... on 11:32 - Feb 20 by Reuser_is_God

Mad isn't it.

I played football against Mills at u16 & he was an absolute tank then.

I played cricket against him around the same time. He'd only picked up a cricket ball a few months earlier. Just turned up to Mildenhall nets one day and slung it down like a rocket!

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

'Tymal Mills went for £1.4m to Royal Challengers Bangalore..... on 14:07 - Feb 20 with 2230 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

'Tymal Mills went for £1.4m to Royal Challengers Bangalore..... on 12:50 - Feb 20 by SWGF

I played cricket against him around the same time. He'd only picked up a cricket ball a few months earlier. Just turned up to Mildenhall nets one day and slung it down like a rocket!

Before he went to Mildenhall, he used to bowl left arm spin for Brandon and Tuddenham. Used to turn up to indoor games with a 6 pack of Stella and drink half with his mate before they played.

Quick and wild in those days, pinned a few boys with beamers.

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

'Tymal Mills went for £1.4m to Royal Challengers Bangalore..... on 14:26 - Feb 20 with 2177 viewsgordon

Good luck to him - with his first class record and injury situation, if he had been around 15/20 years ago he'd have dropped down into minor counties cricket or out of the game.
'Tymal Mills went for £1.4m to Royal Challengers Bangalore..... on 15:00 - Feb 20 with 2080 viewsgainsboroughblue

'Tymal Mills went for £1.4m to Royal Challengers Bangalore..... on 14:26 - Feb 20 by gordon

Good luck to him - with his first class record and injury situation, if he had been around 15/20 years ago he'd have dropped down into minor counties cricket or out of the game.

For him, see Shaun Tait.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

'Tymal Mills went for £1.4m to Royal Challengers Bangalore..... on 15:21 - Feb 20 with 2037 viewsRadlett_blue

not many can fire down 90mph yorkers the way Mills can. I saw him play in a T/20 at Lords a couple of years ago & he was awesome.
Pity his body won't hold up for him to play longer forms, but good he can reap a harvest from the IPL.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

'Tymal Mills went for £1.4m to Royal Challengers Bangalore..... on 15:25 - Feb 20 with 2028 viewschicoazul

'Tymal Mills went for £1.4m to Royal Challengers Bangalore..... on 15:21 - Feb 20 by Radlett_blue

not many can fire down 90mph yorkers the way Mills can. I saw him play in a T/20 at Lords a couple of years ago & he was awesome.
Pity his body won't hold up for him to play longer forms, but good he can reap a harvest from the IPL.

You know he has been 'bought' for 1.4m; does that mean he earns that money? Thats what he gets paid?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

'Tymal Mills went for £1.4m to Royal Challengers Bangalore..... on 15:27 - Feb 20 with 2029 viewsSWGF

'Tymal Mills went for £1.4m to Royal Challengers Bangalore..... on 14:07 - Feb 20 by BullardsMagicMullet

Before he went to Mildenhall, he used to bowl left arm spin for Brandon and Tuddenham. Used to turn up to indoor games with a 6 pack of Stella and drink half with his mate before they played.

Quick and wild in those days, pinned a few boys with beamers.

When I played him, he came on 3rd or 4th change for their stiffs. First ball went nose-high, on the full, to second slip. Next ball almost broke my foot as it sent my middle stump cartwheeling into the boundary fence!!

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?

'Tymal Mills went for £1.4m to Royal Challengers Bangalore..... on 15:29 - Feb 20 with 2015 viewsWD19

'Tymal Mills went for £1.4m to Royal Challengers Bangalore..... on 15:25 - Feb 20 by chicoazul

You know he has been 'bought' for 1.4m; does that mean he earns that money? Thats what he gets paid?

I believe so.
'Tymal Mills went for £1.4m to Royal Challengers Bangalore..... on 15:31 - Feb 20 with 2005 viewsSWGF

'Tymal Mills went for £1.4m to Royal Challengers Bangalore..... on 15:29 - Feb 20 by WD19

I believe so.

Yeah. The figures are basically their salaries. Each team gets a pot of cash to distribute how it wishes.

'Tymal Mills went for £1.4m to Royal Challengers Bangalore..... on 12:08 - Feb 21 with 1751 viewschicoazul

'Tymal Mills went for £1.4m to Royal Challengers Bangalore..... on 15:29 - Feb 20 by WD19

I believe so.

Bloody hell. No wonder everyone is worried about test cricket. that's twice what Cook earned from his central contract!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

'Tymal Mills went for £1.4m to Royal Challengers Bangalore..... on 13:15 - Feb 21 with 1632 viewsRadlett_blue

'Tymal Mills went for £1.4m to Royal Challengers Bangalore..... on 12:08 - Feb 21 by chicoazul

Bloody hell. No wonder everyone is worried about test cricket. that's twice what Cook earned from his central contract!

No wonder Pietersen wanted to play in the IPL as well. I think the ECB should have accepted that the IPL can offer players far more money than it can & left a window of availability. Then, they could have paid their centrally contracted players far less. Stokes was signed for £1.7m, but has to come back to play a couple of knockabout ODI friendly games against Ireland, FFS.

'Tymal Mills went for £1.4m to Royal Challengers Bangalore..... on 13:19 - Feb 21 with 1616 viewsReuser_is_God

'Tymal Mills went for £1.4m to Royal Challengers Bangalore..... on 15:27 - Feb 20 by SWGF

When I played him, he came on 3rd or 4th change for their stiffs. First ball went nose-high, on the full, to second slip. Next ball almost broke my foot as it sent my middle stump cartwheeling into the boundary fence!!

I remember playing against Reece Topley.

Absolutely bricking it I was but first ball had a juicy half volley which I creamed to the covers, well at least that's how it felt but it was probably more an agricultural heave. Next ball I didn't even see, just heard it crash into the stumps & send them flying.

Evans out

'Tymal Mills went for £1.4m to Royal Challengers Bangalore..... on 13:25 - Feb 21 with 1591 viewsRadlett_blue

'Tymal Mills went for £1.4m to Royal Challengers Bangalore..... on 13:19 - Feb 21 by Reuser_is_God

I remember playing against Reece Topley.

Absolutely bricking it I was but first ball had a juicy half volley which I creamed to the covers, well at least that's how it felt but it was probably more an agricultural heave. Next ball I didn't even see, just heard it crash into the stumps & send them flying.

A friend of mine, who was a decent enough cricketer to play for Notts IIs & Hertfordshire, was facing a tall, skinny opening bowler in 1994 when playing against Spencer CC. After a couple of balls, he thought "hmm..this lad's a bit quick - better call for a helmet".
Turned out the skinny kid's name was Alex Tudor (then 17).

'Tymal Mills went for £1.4m to Royal Challengers Bangalore..... on 13:32 - Feb 21 with 1568 viewsbournemouthblue

'Tymal Mills went for £1.4m to Royal Challengers Bangalore..... on 12:50 - Feb 20 by SWGF

My brother got a 50 batting against him when he was about 16 or 17, he reckoned he was bowling around 80 mph at that stage

He hasn't actually been playing that long has he, he started at about 15?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

'Tymal Mills went for £1.4m to Royal Challengers Bangalore..... on 13:35 - Feb 21 with 1557 viewsReuser_is_God

'Tymal Mills went for £1.4m to Royal Challengers Bangalore..... on 13:15 - Feb 21 by Radlett_blue

No wonder Pietersen wanted to play in the IPL as well. I think the ECB should have accepted that the IPL can offer players far more money than it can & left a window of availability. Then, they could have paid their centrally contracted players far less. Stokes was signed for £1.7m, but has to come back to play a couple of knockabout ODI friendly games against Ireland, FFS.

The ECB have handled the IPL thing terribly but it seems now they're more willing to allow players to go & play.

I think it's vital for them to go there & learn off the very best in the world rather be be stuck in the ECB bubble.

Evans out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024