Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life 13:23 - Feb 20 with 4313 viewsgtsb1966

Yet until I started this little delivery job I hadn't realised how many nice places there are in South Suffolk/North Essex. Some of the villages are stunning. Went through a place called Wenham today and the village pub with its outside seating area looks superb. We are lucky to live in such a nice part of the country. All I need now is to win the premium bonds and buy a little cottage in one of those villages.
I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 16:50 - Feb 20 with 982 viewsoldbluestu

Has it been easy to find properties right on the border?
I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 17:39 - Feb 20 with 951 viewsBenters

Its is a beautiful part of the country ba.

One of my favourite cycle routes is Bentley-Dedham-Polstead-Nayland-Bures-Mount Bures-West Bergholt-Langham back through to Dedham and back to Bentley through the lanes of the Bromley's ..

It is so beautiful around these parts ba.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 17:47 - Feb 20 with 941 viewsBenters

I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 16:50 - Feb 20 by oldbluestu

Has it been easy to find properties right on the border?

I was born right on the border ..

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 18:55 - Feb 20 with 887 viewsjeera

I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 14:47 - Feb 20 by Lord_Lucan

Really? I find it all quite boring.

I love the countryside lucers and I'd happily live in the middle of nowhere.

However, the contradiction to that is there needs to be a pub close by, and they can't bloody survive without other customers, despite my best efforts.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 18:57 - Feb 20 with 878 viewsTollycobbold

I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 14:47 - Feb 20 by Lord_Lucan

Really? I find it all quite boring.

The countryside is great. Shrrooms grow in the fields. How can you not love that?
I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 19:14 - Feb 20 with 858 viewsRaedwald_625

Anybody who was born and grew up in Suffolk and moved away can appreciate how beautiful Constable Country, and indeed the rest of the county is.
I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 19:16 - Feb 20 with 850 viewsAdmiralFunge

I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 18:55 - Feb 20 by jeera

I love the countryside lucers and I'd happily live in the middle of nowhere.

However, the contradiction to that is there needs to be a pub close by, and they can't bloody survive without other customers, despite my best efforts.

My old man (RIP) must have honestly put the best part of £30k behind the bar at the Harkstead Bakers Arms, in the 5 years before he died.

6 months after his funeral, the pub had closed.

In summary, Jeers, you need to try harder.

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 19:30 - Feb 20 with 822 viewsLord_Lucan

I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 18:57 - Feb 20 by Tollycobbold

The countryside is great. Shrrooms grow in the fields. How can you not love that?

I don't like the countryside.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 19:32 - Feb 20 with 817 viewsTollycobbold

I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 19:30 - Feb 20 by Lord_Lucan

I don't like the countryside.

Is it the ditches? Have you slept in too many?
I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 19:41 - Feb 20 with 795 viewsjeera

I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 19:32 - Feb 20 by Tollycobbold

Is it the ditches? Have you slept in too many?

I remember my first night in some village...

Got bitten by a horse and then fell in a ditch.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 20:40 - Feb 20 with 745 viewsfabian_illness

I'm lucky to live and work right in the middle of it all.
Wenham Queen is ok. Try the Crown in Stoke by Nayland, the Crown in Bildeston, kings head and the ram in hadleigh, the fleece and the white hart in Boxford. The Kersey Bell is a real treat. For a proper night out with the locals like you'd have expected 30 or 40 years ago try the George in Hadleigh high street on a Friday or Saturday night, it's usually packed and sometimes a bit of love music.
Dedham, Stoke by Nayland, Boxford, Kersey, Lindsey, Monks Eleigh, Lavenham.
We are spoilt around here.
I love it. No need for holidays!!
I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 20:57 - Feb 20 with 716 viewsleitrimblue

I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 14:45 - Feb 20 by Sacrebleu

Just moved in North of the much maligned Haverhill. We've even got rolling hills up here. Pubs seem to be thinning out a bit though.

Lovely part of the world
I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 06:08 - Feb 21 with 630 viewsIPS_wich

I was born and raised around Rushmere and my family are still in Rushmere/Kesgrave/Woodbridge. However for the last ten years I've lived in and around Chelmsford/North Chelmsford.

With the exception of some s**thole towns (cough...Braintree, Harlow) the half of Essex that is north/west of the A12 is beautiful. Epping is a great example of a lovely small English town and villages like Dunmow, Writtle, Bardfield, Hatfield Heath, Felstead, Thaxsted...all lovely, and much more in common with Suffolk than the Essex south/east of the A12 (what I see as being the TOWIE part of Essex).
I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 07:07 - Feb 21 with 601 viewsBogblue

I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 19:41 - Feb 20 by jeera

I remember my first night in some village...

Got bitten by a horse and then fell in a ditch.

were you having a mare?
I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 08:50 - Feb 21 with 559 viewsSuperfrans

I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 13:54 - Feb 20 by factual_blue

My mum grew up in Halstead, and she and my dad got married at the Baptist Church. When that was rebuilt in the 60s they were invited to the opening ceremony.

I remember visits to the elderly aunt who raised her. No tv, no inside loo in the early sixties.

Those Weren't The Days

It's funny. When I was a teenager, I couldn't leave for college quickly enough. I've been in London for 30 years now. my wife is from London and wouldn't leave for all the rice in China, so I know I'm now here for the foreseeable. I do hanker after a little bit of countryside now though. Maybe it's a sign of age.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024