Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life 13:23 - Feb 20 with 4317 viewsgtsb1966

Yet until I started this little delivery job I hadn't realised how many nice places there are in South Suffolk/North Essex. Some of the villages are stunning. Went through a place called Wenham today and the village pub with its outside seating area looks superb. We are lucky to live in such a nice part of the country. All I need now is to win the premium bonds and buy a little cottage in one of those villages.
I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 13:26 - Feb 20 with 3255 viewsBogblue

I love Suffolk, it's atmosphere is unique
I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 13:27 - Feb 20 with 3243 viewsBlueBadger

I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 13:26 - Feb 20 by Bogblue

I love Suffolk, it's atmosphere is unique

Sorry about that, beans for breakfast.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 13:30 - Feb 20 with 3221 viewsGeoffSentence

There are some lovely places in the Ipswich-Shotley-Sudbury golden triangle,

Was that the Queen's Head at Wenham? The landlord chased me out once,
[Post edited 20 Feb 2017 13:30]

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 13:31 - Feb 20 with 3203 viewsgtsb1966

I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 13:30 - Feb 20 by GeoffSentence

There are some lovely places in the Ipswich-Shotley-Sudbury golden triangle,

Was that the Queen's Head at Wenham? The landlord chased me out once,
[Post edited 20 Feb 2017 13:30]

It was. Looks really nice from the outside . I could quite easily see myself having a pint in the sunshine there.
I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 13:33 - Feb 20 with 3186 viewsGeoffSentence

I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 13:31 - Feb 20 by gtsb1966

It was. Looks really nice from the outside . I could quite easily see myself having a pint in the sunshine there.

Outside it does look nice, there is a castle and a load of Eliizibethan houses tucked away down a track just behind it too. I have never made it inside though, having been chased off by the landlord last time I went there,

I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 13:37 - Feb 20 with 3156 viewsgtsb1966

I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 13:33 - Feb 20 by GeoffSentence

Outside it does look nice, there is a castle and a load of Eliizibethan houses tucked away down a track just behind it too. I have never made it inside though, having been chased off by the landlord last time I went there,

Are we allowed to ask why
I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 13:38 - Feb 20 with 3132 viewsGeoffSentence

I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 13:37 - Feb 20 by gtsb1966

Are we allowed to ask why

He thought I was abusing his pub car park,

I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 13:42 - Feb 20 with 3103 viewsBlueBadger

I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 13:38 - Feb 20 by GeoffSentence

He thought I was abusing his pub car park,

This country nowadays. Even the car parks can't take a bit of bantz.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 13:45 - Feb 20 with 3091 viewsSuperfrans

Totally agree. I grew up in Halstead, just into Essex - not the most happening place in the world, but a hop and skip into some stunning countryside.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 13:45 - Feb 20 with 3084 viewsBelvedereBrunswick

I'm a huge fan of Boxford
I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 13:48 - Feb 20 with 3061 viewsfactual_blue

I made my money selling on all the Audis I won from TWTD.

#minted

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 13:54 - Feb 20 with 3029 viewsfactual_blue

I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 13:45 - Feb 20 by Superfrans

Totally agree. I grew up in Halstead, just into Essex - not the most happening place in the world, but a hop and skip into some stunning countryside.

My mum grew up in Halstead, and she and my dad got married at the Baptist Church. When that was rebuilt in the 60s they were invited to the opening ceremony.

I remember visits to the elderly aunt who raised her. No tv, no inside loo in the early sixties.

Those Weren't The Days

I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 14:32 - Feb 20 with 2885 viewsgerard1947

I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 13:54 - Feb 20 by factual_blue

My mum grew up in Halstead, and she and my dad got married at the Baptist Church. When that was rebuilt in the 60s they were invited to the opening ceremony.

I remember visits to the elderly aunt who raised her. No tv, no inside loo in the early sixties.

Those Weren't The Days

My mum lives in Halstead so does my sister. My wife comes from there too.
I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 14:37 - Feb 20 with 2855 viewsTollycobbold

I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 13:45 - Feb 20 by Superfrans

Halstead? You big city folk, some of us were in Colne Engaine.
I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 14:45 - Feb 20 with 2823 viewsSacrebleu

Just moved in North of the much maligned Haverhill. We've even got rolling hills up here. Pubs seem to be thinning out a bit though.
I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 14:47 - Feb 20 with 2808 viewsLord_Lucan

Really? I find it all quite boring.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 14:49 - Feb 20 with 2790 viewsTollycobbold

I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 13:48 - Feb 20 by factual_blue

I made my money selling on all the Audis I won from TWTD.

#minted

Minty.

As in need a bath.
I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 14:52 - Feb 20 with 2774 viewsjeera

I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 13:31 - Feb 20 by gtsb1966

It used to be a bit rough but it's really nice since the landlord chased away all the trouble makers.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 15:11 - Feb 20 with 2700 viewsfactual_blue

I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 13:42 - Feb 20 by BlueBadger

This country nowadays. Even the car parks can't take a bit of bantz.

It was more likely to have been abuse in the sense of having carnal relations with the car park.

I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 15:17 - Feb 20 with 2676 viewsfactual_blue

I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 14:49 - Feb 20 by Tollycobbold

Minty.

As in need a bath.

Yes, but it isn't April yet.

I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 15:18 - Feb 20 with 2662 viewsgtsb1966

I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 14:47 - Feb 20 by Lord_Lucan

Really? I find it all quite boring.

You can move!!
I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 15:53 - Feb 20 with 2586 viewsLord_Lucan

I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 15:18 - Feb 20 by gtsb1966

You can move!!

Can't afford to move to a city, and I like being near my kids.

Effectively I have been hoodwinked into living in Ipswich,

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 16:12 - Feb 20 with 2500 viewssolemio

Some lovely small towns and large villages in this area. For instance Nayland and Stoke by Nayland are very pleasant places.
I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 16:13 - Feb 20 with 2490 viewsGrief

The Wenham Queen, good quiz nights and curry nights in there
I have lived on the Suffolk/Essex border all my life on 16:16 - Feb 20 with 2470 viewscruncher

You wouldn't get a pint in there today. lol it's shut.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024