Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Heathrow parking 20:32 - Feb 20 with 985 viewsVic

Picking a friend up from T4 tomorrow afternoon. Is there an alternative to the expensive short stay parking (£11+ for 1-2 hrs)?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Heathrow parking on 20:33 - Feb 20 with 964 viewsHerbivore

Gatwick.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Heathrow parking on 20:33 - Feb 20 with 964 viewsBackToRussia

Gatwick.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Heathrow parking on 20:35 - Feb 20 with 950 viewsLord_Lucan

Can't you just drive up when he is outside?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Heathrow parking on 20:35 - Feb 20 with 948 viewstaximan

lots of places to hide up and then go into short stay 30 mins after flight has landed
Heathrow parking on 20:36 - Feb 20 with 944 viewsBackToRussia

Heathrow parking on 20:33 - Feb 20 by Herbivore

Gatwick.

Damn it! That was my first Gatwick post too.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Heathrow parking on 20:37 - Feb 20 with 940 viewsVic

Heathrow parking on 20:33 - Feb 20 by Herbivore

Gatwick.

I was asking for that wasn't I! Hit the 'send' button and thought to myself 'I bet first answer will be Gatwick!'

Heathrow parking on 20:50 - Feb 20 with 896 viewsVic

Heathrow parking on 20:35 - Feb 20 by Lord_Lucan

Can't you just drive up when he is outside?

It's a 'she' and I'm meeting her inside to help her with her bags (I'm a bit old fashioned - and its my sister!). Plus I'm not sure I have the confidence in my timing and traffic to allow myself a 30min slot at the terminal!

Heathrow parking on 20:53 - Feb 20 with 885 viewsVic

Heathrow parking on 20:35 - Feb 20 by taximan

lots of places to hide up and then go into short stay 30 mins after flight has landed

Well that's what I'd like to do really - but I dont think you can leave your car in the drop off area can you? & b) where are those little hide up places? (If I can get into one then I can at least I can work it that I only pay for up to an hour!)

Login to get fewer ads

Heathrow parking on 20:55 - Feb 20 with 879 viewstaximan

Heathrow parking on 20:53 - Feb 20 by Vic

Well that's what I'd like to do really - but I dont think you can leave your car in the drop off area can you? & b) where are those little hide up places? (If I can get into one then I can at least I can work it that I only pay for up to an hour!)

couple of tescos within 10 minutes of t4

definitely not allowed to leave car unattended in drop off area
Heathrow parking on 21:13 - Feb 20 with 844 viewsfactual_blue

I know of somebody who, not being used to the ways of airports parked in the short stay car park at Heathrow and then flew to Glasgow, returning about 12 hours later.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Heathrow parking on 21:18 - Feb 20 with 820 viewsbaxterbasics

On a similar note, my fam is away for the first ten days of April via T3. We need to take two cars and I've gone for one of the bargain basement 'meet and greet' services. Probably going to worry the whole trip about what state our cars will be in when we get back. Have read a few horror stories.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Heathrow parking on 21:23 - Feb 20 with 812 viewsLord_Lucan

Heathrow parking on 21:18 - Feb 20 by baxterbasics

On a similar note, my fam is away for the first ten days of April via T3. We need to take two cars and I've gone for one of the bargain basement 'meet and greet' services. Probably going to worry the whole trip about what state our cars will be in when we get back. Have read a few horror stories.

There are ones that are recommended by the airport.

Don't do what I did recently, store the details on my phone and then lose phone and arrive back at Gatwick without any clue what company had my car - and not even knowing my number plate. Took me three hours to locate it.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Heathrow parking on 21:24 - Feb 20 with 801 viewstaximan

why go for bargain basement ?

you get what you pay for

why not get a couple of taxis or a mini bus ?
Heathrow parking on 22:22 - Feb 20 with 725 viewsVic

Who have you signed up with BB? I've used a couple and they have been fine, excellent service.

Heathrow parking on 22:24 - Feb 20 with 712 viewsVic

Heathrow parking on 20:55 - Feb 20 by taximan

Thanks Taxi. Top Tip.

Heathrow parking on 22:39 - Feb 20 with 697 viewsEly_Blue

Heathrow parking on 20:55 - Feb 20 by taximan

There is also a McDs on the A4 inside the M25 that a lot of the taxi/chauffeur services use to wait in

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Heathrow parking on 22:44 - Feb 20 with 682 viewsfeelingblue

You need to check that it still works, because it is a while since I used it, but I used to park at the T4 Hilton, which has a covered walkway into the terminal. It is still not a giveaway, but it has the advantage of being easy to and from the main road.
Heathrow parking on 23:16 - Feb 20 with 632 viewsitfc56

Agree with options above about parking in nearby McD's, Tescos etc, and waiting for call to pick up.

But Just fyi there is another option which is that the T4 long stay, shuttle bus away but quite close, allows 2 hours free parking. http://www.heathrow.com/transport-and-directions/heathrow-parking/heathrow-long-

Risk is overstay which reverts to short stay tariff - £13+ for 2-3 hrs
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024