Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a sad state of affairs this cup tie is 20:51 - Feb 20 with 1787 viewsgtsb1966

1. Artificial pitch. Football should be played on grass and nothing else.
2. One off sponsor. Shouldn't be allowed. Stick to who have backed you all season.
3. An Arsenal side which consists of players 90% of the country have never heard of. Hardly a giant killing if it happened.
4. Monday 7.55pm kick off. Saturday 3pm is the only time a tie should be played.

Perhaps it's my age but I just don't like it.
What a sad state of affairs this cup tie is on 21:40 - Feb 20 with 1640 viewsIllinoisblue

you are correcg on all points. the only redeeming quality is the streaker and the reserve goalie going in the bar at half time

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

What a sad state of affairs this cup tie is on 22:09 - Feb 20 with 1561 viewsSwansea_Blue

New avatar for you

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What a sad state of affairs this cup tie is on 22:10 - Feb 20 with 1550 viewsSteve_M

What a sad state of affairs this cup tie is on 21:40 - Feb 20 by Illinoisblue

you are correcg on all points. the only redeeming quality is the streaker and the reserve goalie going in the bar at half time

Even that is tarnished by his tedious pie stunt.

Will the pitch invasion be reported the same way as the Millwall one was?

I turned over to see Lansbury score an own goal like Darren Bent did the other week, now that was worth seeing.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

What a sad state of affairs this cup tie is on 22:12 - Feb 20 with 1538 viewsSimonds92

If you haven't heard of the majority of those players then I don't know where you've been all season. That was a strong Arsenal side put out tonight.
What a sad state of affairs this cup tie is on 22:12 - Feb 20 with 1534 viewsLord_Lucan

What a sad state of affairs this cup tie is on 22:10 - Feb 20 by Steve_M

I turned over to see Lansbury score an own goal like Darren Bent did the other week, now that was worth seeing.

I didn't watch it, what's this about a pie?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

What a sad state of affairs this cup tie is on 22:15 - Feb 20 with 1506 viewsColchesterBlue1985

What a sad state of affairs this cup tie is on 22:12 - Feb 20 by Lord_Lucan

I didn't watch it, what's this about a pie?

Sub keeper after they made their last sub tucked into a pie on the bench.
What a sad state of affairs this cup tie is on 22:15 - Feb 20 with 1500 viewstractorboy1978

What a sad state of affairs this cup tie is on 22:12 - Feb 20 by Simonds92

If you haven't heard of the majority of those players then I don't know where you've been all season. That was a strong Arsenal side put out tonight.

That's been a feature of this year's cup - bemoaning the sides out out by Premiership/Championship teams rather than accepting that perhaps the standard lower down the divisions has improved.
What a sad state of affairs this cup tie is on 00:12 - Feb 21 with 1362 viewsIllinoisblue

What a sad state of affairs this cup tie is on 22:10 - Feb 20 by Steve_M

Ah, just seen the pie thing was a stupid Sun stunt. Back in the day they had a bit of knack for judging the mood of the Great British Public. Now they're just c_u _ n t s

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

What a sad state of affairs this cup tie is on 03:39 - Feb 21 with 1265 viewsharlingblue

The sad state of affairs is Premiership/Championship teams not taking the FA Cup in a serious manner. Perhaps the Cup winners of all European Leagues should gain entry to the preliminery rounds of The Champions League. Perhaps then the famous FA Cup will be held in more esteem?
What a sad state of affairs this cup tie is on 06:27 - Feb 21 with 1220 viewsBenters

What a sad state of affairs this cup tie is on 21:40 - Feb 20 by Illinoisblue

Great stuff seeing that reserve Goalkeeper munching that pie !

Better then the crap they serve you up at PR.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

What a sad state of affairs this cup tie is on 07:49 - Feb 21 with 1098 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

What a sad state of affairs this cup tie is on 22:15 - Feb 20 by ColchesterBlue1985

Sub keeper after they made their last sub tucked into a pie on the bench.

Which their one off sponsor was offering odds of 8/1 against happening !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

What a sad state of affairs this cup tie is on 08:15 - Feb 21 with 1055 viewschristiand

To provide some reasoning for the plastic pitch, teams in the lower leagues like Maidstone United or AFC Sudbury who also have an artificial surface made the investment due to the impact of postponed matches and the loss of revenue. This surface allows for the majority of matches to go ahead regardless of the severity of the weather. Whatever your thoughts on a plastic pitch, I can certainly understand why clubs make this investment, which isn't cheap -£1m upwards to install. Also, it has a shelf-life of approximately 8 years which by then needs replacing. I felt last night, the surface actually suited the way Arsenal play and from a players point of view I would much prefer to play on a pitch like that, than some of the grass surfaces this time of the season.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

What a sad state of affairs this cup tie is on 08:38 - Feb 21 with 1017 viewsimsureazzure

What a sad state of affairs this cup tie is on 06:27 - Feb 21 by Benters

The pies served at PR are decent, the problem, at times, is getting one.
What a sad state of affairs this cup tie is on 08:51 - Feb 21 with 981 viewstractorshark

I'm a grumpy git, I don't like modern football and I don't like artificial pitches but I do understand why they've got one.
There's so much money in the game now that lower league clubs have to adapt to survive, not just compete.
The sponsorship is part of that and it's been going on for donkey's years. I remember Farnborough doing something similar when they played Arsenal.
It's a one-off for Sutton, make as much as money as you can. Their existing sponsors have no doubt been compensated.
And as for the pie eater, I imagine most people found it funny. My kids laughed when they saw it.
It's a bit of fun, nowadays everyone seems to get offended on everyone's behalf.
What a sad state of affairs this cup tie is on 08:55 - Feb 21 with 965 viewsfactual_blue

What a sad state of affairs this cup tie is on 06:27 - Feb 21 by Benters

I'm surprised you can remember.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

What a sad state of affairs this cup tie is on 08:57 - Feb 21 with 960 viewsParmigiano

1. I'm 50/50... I personally hate playing on the articitial pitches; the additional pressure that goes through your legs is very noticable. However, someone made the very valid point above that it vastly reduces the number of games called off in the lower leagues due to adverse weather.

2. Totally agree.

3. Totally disagree - that was a strong Arsenal side, many of whom have been regular features in the league this season.

4. 50/50 again. I love being able to watch more than one football match across a weekend but Keep it to Saturday and Sunday only.
What a sad state of affairs this cup tie is on 09:00 - Feb 21 with 949 viewshype313

What a sad state of affairs this cup tie is on 22:15 - Feb 20 by tractorboy1978

That's been a feature of this year's cup - bemoaning the sides out out by Premiership/Championship teams rather than accepting that perhaps the standard lower down the divisions has improved.

Exactly, even Wenger said these clubs are as fit as PL teams, 20 years ago they would have been blown out by 60 minutes, not these days.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

What a sad state of affairs this cup tie is on 09:05 - Feb 21 with 933 viewsfactual_blue

What a sad state of affairs this cup tie is on 07:49 - Feb 21 by BanksterDebtSlave

Which their one off sponsor was offering odds of 8/1 against happening !

Further proof that murdoch is a crook, and all his businesses stink.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

What a sad state of affairs this cup tie is on 09:17 - Feb 21 with 912 viewsBlueGuru

What a sad state of affairs this cup tie is on 08:51 - Feb 21 by tractorshark

I'm a grumpy git, I don't like modern football and I don't like artificial pitches but I do understand why they've got one.
There's so much money in the game now that lower league clubs have to adapt to survive, not just compete.
The sponsorship is part of that and it's been going on for donkey's years. I remember Farnborough doing something similar when they played Arsenal.
It's a one-off for Sutton, make as much as money as you can. Their existing sponsors have no doubt been compensated.
And as for the pie eater, I imagine most people found it funny. My kids laughed when they saw it.
It's a bit of fun, nowadays everyone seems to get offended on everyone's behalf.

Re the pie, it would be fun if it wasn't totally fake and sponsored by the sun....pretty sad day when these acts are solely done to sell a paper.
What a sad state of affairs this cup tie is on 09:36 - Feb 21 with 875 viewsITFC_RM

Agree with most of that. Although it was still a great occasion for Sutton.

If you haven't heard of 90% of those Arsenal players, you can't pay much attention to football outside of Ipswich....

Poll: Will MM spend money this summer?

What a sad state of affairs this cup tie is on 09:37 - Feb 21 with 868 viewstractorshark

What a sad state of affairs this cup tie is on 09:17 - Feb 21 by BlueGuru

Re the pie, it would be fun if it wasn't totally fake and sponsored by the sun....pretty sad day when these acts are solely done to sell a paper.

You should have lumped on. Their betting site had to pay out.
Bottom line is the player can't have been paid to do it otherwise he would have breached FA betting rules.
There were no odds on him appearing in the bar at half time which he did.
I remember a certain Arsenal player who read about a novelty bet in the media and promptly did it in a cup final. It's happened before.
I don't doubt the keeper staged it, the BBC cameras were trained on him for starters. He's probably angling for an ad deal with Pukka.
(No subject) (n/t) on 09:43 - Feb 21 with 851 viewsvapour_trail

What a sad state of affairs this cup tie is on 03:39 - Feb 21 by harlingblue

The sad state of affairs is Premiership/Championship teams not taking the FA Cup in a serious manner. Perhaps the Cup winners of all European Leagues should gain entry to the preliminery rounds of The Champions League. Perhaps then the famous FA Cup will be held in more esteem?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

What a sad state of affairs this cup tie is on 11:51 - Feb 21 with 715 viewsBenters

What a sad state of affairs this cup tie is on 08:55 - Feb 21 by factual_blue

I'm surprised you can remember.

Boom ! Thank you and good night !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024