Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Knudsen 05:12 - Feb 21 with 2248 viewsBrettenhamBlue

Never really rated him at LB but he looks great in a back 3. His communication and understanding with Berra and Spence in the last match was particularly impressive. Better suited there or back at LB? Thoughts?

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

Knudsen on 08:47 - Feb 21 with 2118 viewsBasuco

He came from a very low level of football in Denmark and has made fantastic progress while at Town, he is a good fullback at Championship level I think, not the best but good and I feel he has continued that improvement this season. He makes the runs and covers the space that a fullback should, he doesn't deserve the criticism he sometimes gets on here because he always gives everything for Town and who knows how good a player he could end up as?
Knudsen on 08:54 - Feb 21 with 2100 viewsNo9

Tenacious, has pace, likes to play for Town - what is not to like
Would be better if the boo boys get off his back
Knudsen on 09:01 - Feb 21 with 2082 viewshype313

I don't think he is as bad as some have made out, yes he's had a couple of shockers this season, but who hasn't. He's also coming into a position where we have had some very good players playing with Cresser and Mings so expectations are high.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Knudsen on 10:21 - Feb 21 with 2009 viewsGrahamHarbey

I think the reason we have all at some point got on Mad Dog's back is that after Mings and Cressy, we want a left back that can play and be a threat from that position, Jonas is just a good defender whose default is to pump it long - that is his only fault.

I don;t know about you guys, but I am so chuffed MM kept him in there and put Kenlock at LWB - I was really worried he'd go Chambo, Berra (who justified his selection) and Spence in the 3 with Emmanuel at RB and Jonas back at KLB v Leeds, so even MM probably sees him in a 3. I just hope MM or whoever we get in, sticks with the 3-5-2 and not always match up to the opposition - I loved how GB used to more often than not play 3-5-2 regardless of the opposition.

Anyway, I've digressed, and agree, keep Jonas at left centre.

Roll on Sunday
Knudsen on 10:25 - Feb 21 with 1996 viewsNo9

Knudsen on 10:21 - Feb 21 by GrahamHarbey

I think the reason we have all at some point got on Mad Dog's back is that after Mings and Cressy, we want a left back that can play and be a threat from that position, Jonas is just a good defender whose default is to pump it long - that is his only fault.

I don;t know about you guys, but I am so chuffed MM kept him in there and put Kenlock at LWB - I was really worried he'd go Chambo, Berra (who justified his selection) and Spence in the 3 with Emmanuel at RB and Jonas back at KLB v Leeds, so even MM probably sees him in a 3. I just hope MM or whoever we get in, sticks with the 3-5-2 and not always match up to the opposition - I loved how GB used to more often than not play 3-5-2 regardless of the opposition.

Anyway, I've digressed, and agree, keep Jonas at left centre.

Roll on Sunday

I agree to an extent but don't forget there were times when some of the crowd got on Mings back.
Knudsen on 10:51 - Feb 21 with 1949 viewsMullet

Nope. It's a nice little novelty and all that but we really need everyone firing and get back to a proper system.

The way in which some players have been demonised is saddening, however I'd like to think Knudsen will be a solid player for the next few years as he has years to improve.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Knudsen on 11:09 - Feb 21 with 1913 viewsFixed_It

Knudsen on 10:51 - Feb 21 by Mullet

Nope. It's a nice little novelty and all that but we really need everyone firing and get back to a proper system.

The way in which some players have been demonised is saddening, however I'd like to think Knudsen will be a solid player for the next few years as he has years to improve.

We seem to have a system that suits the players we have now, and allows the young full-backs to play. The difference in the team's performance is demonstrable - are you saying you think it is a temporary novelty?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Knudsen on 11:20 - Feb 21 with 1885 viewsMullet

Knudsen on 11:09 - Feb 21 by Fixed_It

We seem to have a system that suits the players we have now, and allows the young full-backs to play. The difference in the team's performance is demonstrable - are you saying you think it is a temporary novelty?

I don't think we do at all. We've got in much better players in midfield and that's been the difference. The back five has basically been whatever defenders were fit and had very mixed performances.

Villa was great because we won, but it was remarkable because of the injury setbacks. We have accommodated the youngsters and used their legs to move the ball forward but it's let teams come at us a lot more. If Villa could shoot vaguely at Bart they'd have got something from that game.

Derby did us. Huddersfield ran right through our midfield. Whereas Preston struggled far more when we had Skuse and Diagouraga together. I'd rather defend from the halfway line where possible and have the mobility in midfield to support the attackers.

We need much better CB's on the ball to make it work properly over the course of a season. I don't think the return of Webster alone is enough long term.

Login to get fewer ads

Knudsen on 12:14 - Feb 21 with 1781 viewsStokieBlue

Knudsen on 08:47 - Feb 21 by Basuco

He came from a very low level of football in Denmark and has made fantastic progress while at Town, he is a good fullback at Championship level I think, not the best but good and I feel he has continued that improvement this season. He makes the runs and covers the space that a fullback should, he doesn't deserve the criticism he sometimes gets on here because he always gives everything for Town and who knows how good a player he could end up as?

He came from a Danish premier league team and had 2 international caps, not a very low level I would say.

He's done well and is improving, certainly deserves more chance to develop. Don't see the argument for dropping him, although I wish we would score at least once from a long throw if he's going to do them! :)

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Knudsen on 12:19 - Feb 21 with 1764 viewsReuser_is_God

Knudsen on 11:20 - Feb 21 by Mullet

I don't think we do at all. We've got in much better players in midfield and that's been the difference. The back five has basically been whatever defenders were fit and had very mixed performances.

Villa was great because we won, but it was remarkable because of the injury setbacks. We have accommodated the youngsters and used their legs to move the ball forward but it's let teams come at us a lot more. If Villa could shoot vaguely at Bart they'd have got something from that game.

Derby did us. Huddersfield ran right through our midfield. Whereas Preston struggled far more when we had Skuse and Diagouraga together. I'd rather defend from the halfway line where possible and have the mobility in midfield to support the attackers.

We need much better CB's on the ball to make it work properly over the course of a season. I don't think the return of Webster alone is enough long term.

MM knows a lot more about football than you do.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Knudsen on 12:39 - Feb 21 with 1713 viewsBinner

He's been through a period when his confidence looked completely shot; the ball might as well have been a ticking bomb he seemed frightened by it and couldn't get rid quickly enough.

He now seems to have rediscovered some composure. Maybe being trusted to play more centrally has given him the necessary boost to his self-confidence or perhaps Kenlock challenging for his place in the team has forced him to take stock. Either way we are now seeing a completely different player than a month ago.

He seems to be more inclined than those around him to want to play the ball out from defence. Up to we supporters now to show him some love and not get on his back at the first mistake. We could have a very good player if he can push on.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Knudsen on 12:46 - Feb 21 with 1661 viewsThe_Last_Baron

The Danish league is not a very low level of football.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Knudsen on 12:47 - Feb 21 with 1657 viewsMullet

Knudsen on 12:19 - Feb 21 by Reuser_is_God

MM knows a lot more about football than you do.

I don't doubt that, but I also don't believe this anything more than pragmatism from him based on who's been available.

The fact he's now being heralded for it and some morons are even claiming he's listening to them is a funny sidenote.

If we had the defence previously known for being so miserly and the attacking intent the loanees have helped bring we'd be massively improved.

Knudsen on 12:54 - Feb 21 with 1609 viewstheipswichman

Defensively he's good. However when he gets forward he struggles and that's the most frustrating part about him. It's when he has the ball at his feet rather than when defending.

Interestingly though he's look much more comfortable receiving the ball at centre back, the switch he played the other day was lovely so let's hope he is getting some confidence (like the whole team) and will become a better player.

He's still quite young so time to improve.
Knudsen on 13:21 - Feb 21 with 1559 viewsBLUEBEAT

does anyone actually call him "Mad Dog"?

I refer to him as "Tenacious Lynx"

Poll: W or W

Ferocious Ferret? (n/t) on 13:22 - Feb 21 with 1546 viewsBloots

Knudsen on 13:21 - Feb 21 by BLUEBEAT

does anyone actually call him "Mad Dog"?

I refer to him as "Tenacious Lynx"

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Knudsen on 13:51 - Feb 21 with 1495 viewsNo9

Knudsen on 12:47 - Feb 21 by Mullet

I don't doubt that, but I also don't believe this anything more than pragmatism from him based on who's been available.

The fact he's now being heralded for it and some morons are even claiming he's listening to them is a funny sidenote.

If we had the defence previously known for being so miserly and the attacking intent the loanees have helped bring we'd be massively improved.

I think MM has made it clear many times that he isn't interested in what the fans think so I doubt aanyone is foolish enough to think anything other than he just doesn't give a sh!t about us in the stands
Knudsen on 13:53 - Feb 21 with 1477 viewsLankHenners

Knudsen on 13:51 - Feb 21 by No9

I think MM has made it clear many times that he isn't interested in what the fans think so I doubt aanyone is foolish enough to think anything other than he just doesn't give a sh!t about us in the stands

There's been a fair few people saying "he's finally listened to us" etc. with their tongue nowhere near their cheek.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Knudsen on 13:55 - Feb 21 with 1463 viewsNo9

Knudsen on 13:53 - Feb 21 by LankHenners

There's been a fair few people saying "he's finally listened to us" etc. with their tongue nowhere near their cheek.

Well I suppose you can fool some of the people all of the time - sorry, I forgot that bit
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024